What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'18 CO ATH Max Borghi (Signed to Washington State)

I guess my point is we regularly, and for good reason, call out the ineffective recruiting on the lines we’ve seen from Bernardi, Adams, et al but the recruiting weakness at running back are almost as glaring. He was a great, all-time Buff player, but Hagan doesn’t deserve any passes as a coach or recruiter.

I guess my point is we regularly, and for good reason, call out the ineffective recruiting on the lines we’ve seen from Bernardi, Adams, et al but the recruiting weakness at running back are almost as glaring. He was a great, all-time Buff player, but Hagan doesn’t deserve any passes as a coach or recruiter.

Well said. Not only Hagan, but HCMM, needs to be accountable. If we want to stay irrelevant, so be it. But if we want to get back to the upper echelon of college football, then we cannot allow guys like this to slip through our hands.

Well said. Not only Hagan, but HCMM, needs to be accountable. If we want to stay irrelevant, so be it. But if we want to get back to the upper echelon of college football, then we cannot allow guys like this to slip through our hands.

Borghi takes CU to the upper echelon? I love his toughness and game but there's more important guys slipping through the cracks.

Huge LOL!!! Max is not upper echelon talent.

Only a freshman. We shall see. Get back to me in a couple of years. My point is we are the Wake Forest of the P12. Yippie. Get some recruiters in here.

Huge LOL!!! Max is not upper echelon talent.
He’s not yet, and may never be, upper-echelon, whatever that means. I’m saying he’s, as a true freshman, already better than all but one of the backs on the Buff roster, and it isn’t close. He would have been a good Buff for four years if they could have come to some agreement in his recruitment.

Remember that he’s a true freshman who is getting serious playing time for a pretty good team. McCaffrey was mostly a Special Teams player at Stanford as a Frosh. We’ll see in a year or two, but he was very similar to Christian in high school.
And he’s arguably one of the reasons they are a pretty good, perhaps really good, team.

He’s not yet, and may never be, upper-echelon, whatever that means. I’m saying he’s, as a true freshman, already better than all but one of the backs on the Buff roster, and it isn’t close. He would have been a good Buff for four years if they could have come to some agreement in his recruitment.
Not sure he's better than Smith but okay. If he were on the CU roster he wouldn't be playing anyway.

Borghi takes CU to the upper echelon? I love his toughness and game but there's more important guys slipping through the cracks.

Couple of things. One is that he was recruited and had a committed scholarship to play football at CU. He backed out of it in part because he didn't like us recruiting other backs.

Secondly it isn't as if he was looked at as some kind of mega-talent. Washington State was his best other offer.

He is a good back at Washington State and is making an impact but at least a part of that is him being almost a perfect fit for the system Leach runs. There is no guarantee that he would be finding similar success in the CU system even if he were getting playing time. More than a few backs have had success in the Leach system who were not in high demand from other programs.

giphy.gif

What were the circumstances that led him to drop CU for Wazzu?

There was some speculation that maybe the last staff liked Broussard better. There was some speculation that Borghi wasn’t shown enough love in the recruiting game. There was some speculation that he liked the way he would be used in Leach’s offense.

In a nutshell, bad MacIntyre recruiting.

Last edited:
news here in Seattle reporting that Max is happy to see the pirate walk the plank Seems to think he will get more carries now

Back