What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'18 CO QB Blake Stenstrom (SIGNED to COLORADO)

You grown men need to grow up a little bit, this is a recruits thread not the place to flirt with each other. I love Blake, I'm glad we're getting a great QB from Colorado. Hopefully this will pull some of his future classmates and break up this weird tension between CU and Valor.

It's all subjective, but there are some football people who like our guy better than Mccaffrey as a QB. I'm in that school of thought, not that I've seen much of Stenstrom.
But I'm taking it at face value that Stenstrom was no mystery to our staff, with Chev's kid on the team and going thru 7v7 and summer drills with both QBs. I look at his lack of playing time as a bonus. He's well schooled in the fundamentals due to his lineage, and he's a low-mileage model we are getting.

I've seen him throw plenty. That's not a problem.
Concern is he is not mentioned as competing at the end which the top QB's at the The Open get selected to do. He has time to get a lot better, but right now he has shows as a great ATH with QB potential. He has not started and been the guy at his HS yet... LOL He will likely be just fine, but lots undetermined.

Much better athlete than I expected. Big time showing. That agility number is what you'd expect from a DB. Dude can move to avoid the rush.

To give an idea of how these numbers compare with another QB in this class we know to be a freak athlete:

Dorian Thompson Robinson
6'1.5"
194 lbs
4.79 forty
4.21 shuttle
36.5 powerball
34.4 vertical
97.65 SPARQ

It is buried back in post #75

It is hard for me to discern what it really means other than, well, he finished 6th.

Yeah, I'd have to make a list of the other ones that have happened to compare. But, I too struggle to see exactly what all the numbers mean. Was just pointing out it was up.

Well - it says he had a very good SPARQ and that his shuttle time was the #1, and frankly, off the charts good. Really well ahead of ANY QB at any of the regionals posted so far (6 total regionals).

The SPARQ tests are 40 yard dash, Shuttle, Power Ball (toss) and Vertical jump. For a QB, I personally view the Shuttle as the most important of all of these. And I'm not sure what they were running here. Not the standard NFL 5-10-5 shuttle, as they were too fast. Perhaps 5-5-5?

Confirmed size of 6'3.5" is also key.

But this had nothing to do with testing throws, reading D's, reactions in live action, coordination, etc. It's just one data point, but it should be noted, he's quicker than we thought. Not fast (not Sefo slow either), but really quick it would seem.

Well - it says he had a very good SPARQ and that his shuttle time was the #1, and frankly, off the charts good. Really well ahead of ANY QB at any of the regionals posted so far (6 total regionals).
Confirmed size of 6'3.5" is also key.
But this had nothing to do with testing throws, reading D's, reactions in live action, coordination, etc...
This was what I wasn't following - I thought maybe they just combined subjective throwing analysis into the the drills and came up with a score without breaking it out separately. I'm actually happy it isn't included because I thought that throwing video (highlights of course) was fantastic.

Also interesting to note the QB commit UW just picked up finished #1 at the same event.

I'm impressed by his video, and his athleticism! His value is gonna skyrocket come fall!
Imo stenstrom will end up receiving every major offer under the sun. Hopefully he sticks

It's all subjective, but there are some football people who like our guy better than Mccaffrey as a QB. I'm in that school of thought, not that I've seen much of Stenstrom.
But I'm taking it at face value that Stenstrom was no mystery to our staff, with Chev's kid on the team and going thru 7v7 and summer drills with both QBs. I look at his lack of playing time as a bonus. He's well schooled in the fundamentals due to his lineage, and he's a low-mileage model we are getting.

Duuuude. C'mon now.

Back