What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'18 JC RB Kevon Abrams

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member
247sports
ESPN
Rivals
hudl

DSC_2581.jpg

Butler CC (El Dorado, KS) / Pensacola HS (Pensacola, FL)

December Grad: 2 to play 2

Twitter: https://twitter.com/ThatBoiKevon_

Ht: 5'10"
Wt: 185
40:

247s rating: unrated RB
ESPN rating: unrated RB
Rivals rating: 3*-5.5rr; unranked APB

247s Composite: 3* / 0.8333 / #6 RB / #108 overall JC

Reported Offers: COLORADO, FCS, Georgia State, Louisiana, New Mexico, Pittsburgh, South Alabama

Last edited:
I'm excited about this one. I think we needed RB depth for this season and next. Not the first time I've watched his film and I feel really good about how he runs with its fit for our system. Patient, very smooth with bouncing to the hole once he sees it, and then excellent acceleration to get upfield. Definitely a guy who can be very productive for us.

Looks like he redshirted in 2015, so he'd be a sophomore with 3 years to play 3.

Was down for a couple games this past season, but finished with the following stats:

185 rushes for 1,166 yards (6.3 avg) and 9 touchdowns in 10 games.

I'm excited about this one. I think we needed RB depth for this season and next. Not the first time I've watched his film and I feel really good about how he runs with its fit for our system. Patient, very smooth with bouncing to the hole once he sees it, and then excellent acceleration to get upfield. Definitely a guy who can be very productive for us.
I agree with the need for more running back depth, but his lack of P5 seems a bit concerning. I'm no film guru, though. If he looks like he could play in the Pac I think it would be a good add.

I don't get the lack of offers. Is it because he's a summer JuCo grad? CU has gotten good results with them before

I do not think many teams bother looking for RBs in the JUCO market. It is a position where high school prospects can and do make early impacts. IOW, it is not really a "developmental" position. In a lot of ways, it has taken a sense of desperation for even our coaches to look his way.

I do not think many teams bother looking for RBs in the JUCO market. It is a position where high school prospects can and do make early impacts. IOW, it is not really a "developmental" position. In a lot of ways, it has taken a sense of desperation for even our coaches to look his way.
Well, with already low numbers, taking two out of the picture this spring calls for "desperation." Not sure the two JC backs recently in the picture aren't good recruits who just took an extra year or two to develop, though. There's plenty to like.

According to Adam/Scout, will redshirt this year and reclassify as a 2018 recruit as a December graduate.

http://www.scout.com/college/colorado/story/1779105-high-interest-in-buffs

CU is the clear frontrunner (and we could definitely use another upperclassman RB in 2018 with 3 graduating):

"I am going to take two official visits in the fall and I know I am going to take one to Colorado," he said. "Whoever else might offer me before I make a decision, I will probably take an official visit there as well. So I will visit Colorado and whatever other school I think might be a good fit, too."

No idea. But just took a look at Boyd's twitter (he's transferring from aTm for those who don't know what we're talking about). Both MacIntyre and Hagan are following, which suggests that CU is very interested in him.
Couldn't they still be following from his prep recruitment? Either way, a good sign

I don't have mod access in the recruiting forum, but someone who does should fix his last name in the thread title.

Back