What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'18 TN OT Walker Culver (Signed to Virginia Tech)

This would be an instance where I would lose a bit of respect for the recruit. Sorry. I'm old school that way.
WeightyFlawedFlickertailsquirrel-max-1mb.gif

This would be an instance where I would lose a bit of respect for the recruit. Sorry. I'm old school that way.

Why is that? Do you have a problem when a recruit changes his mind and flips to CU? If you were a player, would you rather play for a team that is annually in the National Championship hunt (with a lot of television coverage) or for a team with a losing record and a HC who has only two winning seasons as a HC? Just curious about your stand... So many on here are Jacked when CU flips a kid them crucifies a kid when he opts for greener pastures! That is the definition of being bias. I mean losing respect for a kid really, who gave a verbal?

Remind him that we were there at the beginning. That we saw the potential in him before anybody else. That we accepted his commitment before anybody at OSU even heard his name.

Why is that? Do you have a problem when a recruit changes his mind and flips to CU? If you were a player, would you rather play for a team that is annually in the National Championship hunt (with a lot of television coverage) or for a team with a losing record and a HC who has only two winning seasons as a HC? Just curious about your stand... So many on here are Jacked when CU flips a kid them crucifies a kid when he opts for greener pastures! That is the definition of being bias. I mean losing respect for a kid really, who gave a verbal?
I'm just one of those "stand by your commitment" kinds of people. A lot of us old people are screwed up that way. Don't commit until your sure. Once you do, stand by your word.

I heard a story yesterday about Paxton Lynch. He'd committed to Memphis. But after he'd committed, he was offered by, I think, Mississippi State. He basically told Mississippi State that he appreciated the offer but he'd made a commitment to Memphis and was going to honor that. See, I like that.

Edit: After thinking about it, I take most of that back. Let’s just say I respect a person who sticks to a commitment. I don’t hold anything against a kid who changes his mind. I would just hope they would do it the right way and man up and personally call the coach recruiting them to let them know about their decision.

Last edited:
Why does that thing say “Hard Commit” when they are predicting a flip? Anyway, all we can do is try our best to keep him. He is an important recruit for us that can have a lot of success at CU. And Boulder is a very special place. We’ve got a lot to sell, hopefully he still wants to buy. Go Buffs!

Last edited:
We had multiple players last year that other "bigger names" tried to come in on late. IIRC we lost a couple but kept more. Nature of the business.

I really hope he sticks.
In two years our OLine could be
Morretti
Sherman
Newman
Polley
Walker
That will be fun to watch.

To stay close to home? That may not work as well as we would like in this instance.
Haha not a bad point, but if you recall, he didn’t flip to us until around November when he saw we were a winning team. Even though staying home was important to him, the 2016 season helped convince him he could have success here. If talking to Walker, I’d hope he would focus on sharing his belief in our team’s success and how that helped him choose us over OSU.

Haha not a bad point, but if you recall, he didn’t flip to us until around November when he saw we were a winning team. Even though staying home was important to him, the 2016 season helped convince him he could have success here. If talking to Walker, I’d hope he would focus on sharing his belief in our team’s success and how that helped him choose us over OSU.
Hey, it's worth a shot. In looking at what drove Moretti's decision, I just don't see many parallels with Culver.

Wow. 2 predictions. Let's see how it goes when MacIntyre makes his in-home next week as soon as the regular season is over. He's had great success with that in years past and I'm not going to worry about it until I hear Culver say he's not a Buff.

I'm just one of those "stand by your commitment" kinds of people. A lot of us old people are screwed up that way. Don't commit until your sure. Once you do, stand by your word.

I heard a story yesterday about Paxton Lynch. He'd committed to Memphis. But after he'd committed, he was offered by, I think, Mississippi State. He basically told Mississippi State that he appreciated the offer but he'd made a commitment to Memphis and was going to honor that. See, I like that.

Edit: After thinking about it, I take most of that back. Let’s just say I respect a person who sticks to a commitment. I don’t hold anything against a kid who changes his mind. I would just hope they would do it the right way and man up and personally call the coach recruiting them to let them know about their decision.
I thought you were only 35?

Back