What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'18 TN OT Walker Culver (Signed to Virginia Tech)

giphy.gif

On the bright side, our staff identified Walker as a talent before almost any others did and were ahead of the pack on making him an offer. So there’s that. :mad:

I for one am glad to see kids talking up the school while decommitting. Maybe it helps us fill the spot.

Yeah, I had my old man pants on there, but the hyperbole from all of the recruits gets old. Why would CU hold a special place in the heart? You know I visited some schools in high school too, and none of them really mean anything to me now. Nothing personal against Walker. Good luck at Ohio State.

Yeah, I had my old man pants on there, but the hyperbole from all of the recruits gets old. Why would CU hold a special place in the heart? You know I visited some schools in high school too, and none of them really mean anything to me now. Nothing personal against Walker. Good luck at Ohio State.

I visited Mesa State (now Colorado Mesa University) when I was in high school and I still think about the trip 16 years later. Grand Junction is kind of a cool town and I like visiting there on occasion.

That was just a college tour and an overnight hotel stay. I didn't have a millionaire football coach massage my ego and tell me that the sun shined out of my ass all weekend. I didn't get the kind of access and attention he got. I can see why The Buffs might hold a spot in his heart when he wrapped himself up in B&G for a few months.

I'm sure he built some strong relationships with the coaches who were recruiting him and decommitting was a difficult thing to do. I thought his tweet was pretty classy.

You're just butthurt and were reacting. Kid did nothing wrong and your frustration post is totally understandable. I'm pretty amazed that we haven't seen much worse posted here. :)

The fact that he hasn't already committed to somebody else is interesting.

Not holding my breath but stranger things have happened. Maybe he thinks about it some more and decides that CU is right for him after all.

Old man pants indeed. I think you visiting random colleges is a slightly different scenario than being heavily recruited to a big time college football program. No need to add anything more, Buffnik already covered my thoughts here

Old man pants indeed. I think you visiting random colleges is a slightly different scenario than being heavily recruited to a big time college football program. No need to add anything more, Buffnik already covered my thoughts here

Fair enough. Again nothing personal. My initial reaction was more of an eye roll over the special place in my heart comment. Same vein of when I do an eye roll when someone thanks Jesus for playing football.

Somewhat back on topic. We need to reevaluate spending resources recruiting the south (excluding Florida which isn't the south). If anyone comes calling late, the track record for decommits is high. Nashville LB did the same thing last year with a late offer from Vandy.

After losing a top-notch recruit, in a position of dire need, you’re telling me there are some garden variety sour grapes being posted on a College Football fan forum? Shocking!!!

P.S. There will still be much rejoicing and all be forgotten if Culver does decide to make Colorado his next home after-all.

Back