What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'18 TX ILB Nicholas Bolton (Verbal to Missouri)

Based on the replies to this tweet, it looks like Washington fans think they're in good shape here.

Would be the latest in long line of recruits we've already been beaten out for this cycle vs ranked PAC 12/Big 12/SEC schools.

Would be the latest in long line of recruits we've already been beaten out for this cycle vs ranked PAC 12/Big 12/SEC schools.
We will be "beaten out" for 90% of the recruits that are in the database with reported offers. Every year. I try not to get too excited about a recruit unless/until he names the Buffs in his Top 5 or fewer (or comes on an OV).

You said you wanted a LB well above 6'0" and in the 240 range. Bolton does not fit that description. Do you view Bolton as much better than Moore?
what is he 17? pretty sure he has not filled out. and Moore has potential, but Bolton looks to be a little more physical.

what is he 17? pretty sure he has not filled out. and Moore has potential, but Bolton looks to be a little more physical.

My point is Bolton is 6'0" or just under. At that height, he actually might be close to filled out. He does not fit the type of LB you were talking about. The overall differences between Moore and Bolton are pretty small, neither is elite.

Did UW back off or is this a true decommitment?

Next question: Are we still interested? Our LB recruiting hasn't exactly set the world on fire.

UW backed off. Peterson called him the other night and let him know that they were pulling his scholarship after they found out he was talking to Texas a&m.

UW backed off. Peterson called him the other night and let him know that they were pulling his scholarship after they found out he was talking to Texas a&m.

But aside from that, were they cooling on him already?

I'm pretty sure that was always Petersen's policy at Boise. If a guy wanted to look, he wasn't considered committed. Petersen would still take him later, but would be recruiting others for the spot and the scholarship would go to the guy who fully committed first. Always seemed like a fair approach to me.

I'm pretty sure that was always Petersen's policy at Boise. If a guy wanted to look, he wasn't considered committed. Petersen would still take him later, but would be recruiting others for the spot and the scholarship would go to the guy who fully committed first. Always seemed like a fair approach to me.

Your correct with that policy. This situation is unique in that they told Bolton that they were now going in anthor direction. UW is in it for some highly rated LB that are committed to other schools. This tells me that they feel good about there chances to land one or two of them.

Back