What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'19 Austrian OT Valentin Senn (SIGNED to COLORADO)

We might have gotten a steal here, guys. ("All Lobby" refers to the guys who looked the part and Seen looked all of his listed 6'7" 290 lbs.)

Watched the video and he seemed to struggle blocking, guys went right around him, but I’m not a coach so someone else can critique that better than I can.

He won those battles. o_O

No way. The first one at 34 seconds the kid ran right around him and he got scolded by the coach for it. He did better the second play. At 2:28 he again got ran right around and the next play he did much better. Like i said, my opinion means nothing but that’s what I saw. We’ll see during the game, when is it?

No way. The first one at 34 seconds the kid ran right around him and he got scolded by the coach for it. He did better the second play. At 2:28 he again got ran right around and the next play he did much better. Like i said, my opinion means nothing but that’s what I saw. We’ll see during the game, when is it?
The 1st rep, I agree. He got in a bad spot where the other guy had leverage. None of the other ones, though.

The 1st rep, I agree. He got in a bad spot where the other guy had leverage. None of the other ones, though.

I still disagree on the 3rd one. Coach even told the other guy it was “outstanding.” Either way, oh well, he’s got tremendous size and he can only get better. He’s got good potential.

I still disagree on the 3rd one. Coach even told the other guy it was “outstanding.” Either way, oh well, he’s got tremendous size and he can only get better. He’s got good potential.
Did you account for the fact that he was going against Zacch Pickens and Charles Moore? 5* & 4* guys who are top 10 DEs in this class. Pickens, especially, is a freak. Could end up being the best recruit this year.

Untrained old white guys evaluating OL 1on1 drills without pads.

Jake-Gyllenhaal-Has-a-Headache-In-a-Dramatic-Movie-Scene.gif

Did you account for the fact that he was going against Zacch Pickens and Charles Moore? 5* & 4* guys who are top 10 DEs in this class. Pickens, especially, is a freak. Could end up being the best recruit this year.

Nope. Just pointing out what was there. The coach congratulated the other player on the 3rd one. I’m not knocking him in the slightest just throwing out what i saw.

Line 1v1 drills are very hard to judge who "won" without knowing the parameters of the drill. The DL can always run around in drills because there is no boundary of other players. What you should look for is hand movement, footwork, and reaction to the opponents movement.

Context would be nice. As I said, I don’t know everything and don’t pretend to. Just pointing out the few things I saw.

Untrained old white guys evaluating OL 1on1 drills without pads.

Jake-Gyllenhaal-Has-a-Headache-In-a-Dramatic-Movie-Scene.gif

I’m not old or white.

Last edited:
I didn't see the drill, but 1 on 1 pass rush is inherently slanted towards the defense. Areobuff is exactly right, watch hands and feet, but also eyes, hips and pad level.

I am reasonably seasoned, and for December, fairly tan, but I have been known to run a 1 on 1 drill from both sides of the whistle.

He's exactly what you would think from a European player. However, he does have some great feet for his size and can see where they see the upside here.

Day 2 of 1v1's is up on 247. Imo he got beat the first rep then really rebounded for the second. Excited to watch him Thursday.

p.s. zacch Pickens is a monster

No question Senn is an athlete.

You can teach technique, you can't teach good feet, long arms, wide body.

From the little I've seen Senn is a better athlete and has much better feet than Nembot did, and remember than Nembot eventually ended up on an NFL practice squad for a while.

I was never a big fan of MacIntyre's strategy of trying to build an OL with developmental guys but this is one developmental guy who I think is worth the effort. We aren't hoping he can grow into a P5 lineman.

Just googled him and a link to this thread came up. Allbuffs is the real deal. Who knew?

I’m going to watch the UA All Star game, but those telecasts aren’t usually very focused on the trench guys. It may be hard to follow when he’s in the game. But given the special nature of his background, maybe he will get some extra attention.

Reviews have been pretty good on Valentin at the Under Armor showcase. That says a lot, given it is probably his first time facing talent that elite.

I’m not saying this to be a dick, but are there ever any bad reviews that come out of these things?

He’s currently participating in the skills challenge on ESPN2. I’m sure there will be a replay later.

Like our Tackle situation is so solid we should be anointing redshirts before players show up?

Let him compete!

Back