What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'19 Austrian OT Valentin Senn (SIGNED to COLORADO)

Damn, that's a big boy.
And you can tell there's plenty of room to fill out, especially in the shoulders. Once they toss him into the weight room, he's gonna be a monster. I think the ceiling is unlimited with this guy, but it's all about desire. Hopefully he has that.

060-Arnold-Schwarzenegger-Bodybuilder-Mr-Olympia-Universe-35-x24-Poster.jpg_640x640.jpg

And you can tell there's plenty of room to fill out, especially in the shoulders. Once they toss him into the weight room, he's gonna be a monster. I think the ceiling is unlimited with this guy, but it's all about desire. Hopefully he has that.

I am not sure I'd be concerned about the desire of a guy who's willing to move halfway around the globe to a wholly different country and culture to pursue his dreams.

the guy is definitely a project but he's got the frame and feet, it looks like. the competition he's seen hasn't been on par with us football, of course. we'll know in about 3 years i would guess. i am super interested to see how this one goes over time.

the guy is definitely a project but he's got the frame and feet, it looks like. the competition he's seen hasn't been on par with us football, of course. we'll know in about 3 years i would guess. i am super interested to see how this one goes over time.

biggest questions for me are if and how quickly he can catch up regarding his technique as hell be severely lacking there, id imagine, and if he can adjust to the speed and violence of the game in the states.

I am not sure I'd be concerned about the desire of a guy who's willing to move halfway around the globe to a wholly different country and culture to pursue his dreams.
I mean, CU just went through this with an international player at the beginning of the season and the kid bailed after day one. I think that is an extremely fair and legitimate point to make.

biggest questions for me are if and how quickly he can catch up regarding his technique as hell be severely lacking there, id imagine, and if he can adjust to the speed and violence of the game in the states.

absolutely! that's why i think it is about a 3 year process-- he looks like an athlete. giant wingspan OTs don't grow on trees. good luck to him! and us!

Lots of promise here. Hopefully he can gain weight........and this is where an upgrade at OL coach will help us.

Herzlich Wilkommen! Der Buffs sind immer schneller, immer machs besser. Sehr gut, sehr gut, ja wohl, alles gut. Heil Ralphie und Mel Tucker.
Stille nacht und heilige nacht and all that **** this time of year, dude. Bring the Austrian **** and dont hold back, bruv.

I mean, CU just went through this with an international player at the beginning of the season and the kid bailed after day one. I think that is an extremely fair and legitimate point to make.
And they’re both from the same country.

The Olver kid clearly has "some kangaroos loose in the top paddock" (Google it) ... can't compare him with Venn in any way.. Olver played HS ball in CA and had many offers from MWC programs

Venn is a risk sure, but is only 1 roster spot and not like we have 4 or 5 stars knocking down the door

That was his plan initially, but he's not on the roster there. I feel like I heard he went to Canada or something? Not sure.
I am not sure, but he might be competing in the mixed doubles league of lawn darts in Nova Scotia.

Back