What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

‘19 AZ S Nate Polk

The Alabaster Yak

Club Member
Club Member
7527453.jpg

Scottsdale, AZ (Saguaro)

Height: 6’2”
Weight: 180 lbs
40:

247 Rating: 3* - 83 Grade - 120 S (1542 overall)
Rivals: 3* - 5.5 Grade
ESPN: 3* - 75 Grade

247 Composite: 3* .8546 - 78 S (975 overall)

Offers: Air Force, Arizona, Louisville, New Mexico, Oregon, Oregon State, San Diego State, Utah

Last edited:
It baffles me (and I definitely do not know the whole story) that the previous staff wasn't able to lock up siblings/relatives. Sefo's cousin can ball, we missed out on Lytle and possibly Shenault, and it looks like Polk's bro didn't get a sniff until HCMT and his staff has begun to straighten things up.

It baffles me (and I definitely do not know the whole story) that the previous staff wasn't able to lock up siblings/relatives. Sefo's cousin can ball, we missed out on Lytle and possibly Shenault, and it looks like Polk's bro didn't get a sniff until HCMT and his staff has begun to straighten things up.

I don't think that is unique to MM's staff. Siblings generally take separate paths.

I don't think that is unique to MM's staff. Siblings generally take separate paths.
It is, at least, a connection to the team....and the fact that Polk and Liufau seemingly were completely off the radar is most concerning.

Also...if the caliber of player is similar, I bet there are just as many examples of siblings on same team than not. Watt bros, Griffin twins, Champ and Bro Boss Bailey, Barbers, Edmunds, Vick, Pouncey, Kelce, Bennett, McCourtey, Trufant....I could go on....Irwin bros, Rippy, Price...

Last edited:
It is, at least, connection to the team....and the fact that Polk and Liufau seemingly were completely off the radar is most concerning.

Also...if the caliber of player is similar, I bet there are just as many examples of siblings on same team than not. Watt bros, Griffin twins, Champ and Bro Boss Bailey, Barbers, Edmunds, Vick, Pouncey, Kelce, Bennett, McCourtey, Trufant....I could go on....Irwin bros, Rippy, Price...

My point is I do not think it really helps nearly as much as people think.

As far as Polk, we will see how it shakes out, but it makes sense why he was not on the radar for the previous staff because we were pretty full at DB for months.

My point is I do not think it really helps nearly as much as people think.

As far as Polk, we will see how it shakes out, but it makes sense why he was not on the radar for the previous staff because we were pretty full at DB for months.
Good point...but I believe if you build a certain culture it could be a solid connection in receuiting.

It's far more common that siblings like to forge their own path - particularly when the siblings are males.

Good point...but I believe if you build a certain culture it could be a solid connection in receuiting.
It's one of those deals where it can help a ton if the coach and/or school develop a great relationship with the family, particularly if the brothers really want to play together. But even if playing together isn't a factor, the relationship helps (this is usually the case). There are also going to be a good number of cases where the younger guy is going to want to get out of the shadow and chart his own path, so that relationship is going to keep you from having much of a chance.

So I guess what I'm saying is that the family connection is beneficial mostly because it's a door opener. Beyond that, the pre-existing relationship can help, hurt or (in most cases) not matter much at all beyond that initial comfort & courtesy of being open to listening with family support to be attentive.

Back