What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'19 CA TE Ethan Rae (Signed to USC)

Exactly. Over the last 3 years I can remember precisely 1 important catch from a tight end and one important drop. As much as fans want tight ends to have a role, they just don’t. There’s no way to recruit around that.
More of an H Back, but I remember some of Frazier’s drops vividly.

We need a TE who catches 2-3 balls a game this season. That’s normal usage when you don’t have an elite guy who puts up WR type stats.
https://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/stats/playersort/NCAAF/TE
I feel like Chev is wanting to have a TE in the mold of Jace Amaro from TTU. I know he is the gold standard of the slot, pass catching TE in an offense like this, so I'm not saying they want a guy putting up the 100+ receptions for 1,300 yards like Amaro did back in the day, but I think 40-50 receptions would be ideal for Chev. Obviously that would require a more talented and athletic player than CU currently has at the position, unless Poplawski or Jones can emerge.

I feel like Chev is wanting to have a TE in the mold of Jace Amaro from TTU. I know he is the gold standard of the slot, pass catching TE in an offense like this, so I'm not saying they want a guy putting up the 100+ receptions for 1,300 yards like Amaro did back in the day, but I think 40-50 receptions would be ideal for Chev. Obviously that would require a more talented and athletic player than CU currently has at the position, unless Poplawski or Jones can emerge.
That is what they are here for, no?

Thanks for giving us a chance, Ethan. Sorry it didn’t work out for us. Good luck the rest of the way.

He's not one where I ever thought we'd win his commitment but I was sure as hell hoping so. Dude is gonna be big time if everything works out for him.

I’ll bet before he made the public announcement he called Mac to let him know. “Coach, this is Ethan. I just want you to know I really like CU a lot but that I’ve decided to take my talents to USC. But thanks for everything. Umm, bye.”

I’ll bet before he made the public announcement he called Mac to let him know. “Coach, this is Ethan. I just want you to know I really like CU a lot but that I’ve decided to take my talents to USC. But thanks for everything. Umm, bye.”
Is your wife named Linda?

tenor.gif

I get the feeling that this hits close to home for you.

Back