What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'19 CO QB Ty Evans (Signed to NC State)

I can agree with this but unless there is some real reason not to go after Evans he would be an important get for CU.

Part of this is the importance on the field of the QB position. Another part though is that QBs are the guys who get the attention. If as we think Evans is a national level recruit at QB it would be good for the program from an attention standpoint to sign him

When a Colorado QB goes out of state, even if he doesn't end up doing well like Hindler, it just feeds the perception that CU is an afterthought program.
Yeah, I’m not into taking CO commits because of the perception it might create of CU not being able to keep them in-state.

Last edited:
When a Colorado QB goes out of state, even if he doesn't end up doing well like Hindler, it just feeds the perception that CU is an afterthought program.

Who cares?

Too much energy gets burned by worrying about in-state perception. In-state for CU is a very small pool. Recruit the best players from where you can get them, win, repeat. If Evans is the best QB CU can get, then hopefully CU gets him. If they can get somebody better, get somebody better. Worrying about perception leads to bad decisions.

Who cares?

Too much energy gets burned by worrying about in-state perception. In-state for CU is a very small pool. Recruit the best players from where you can get them, win, repeat. If Evans is the best QB CU can get, then hopefully CU gets him. If they can get somebody better, get somebody better. Worrying about perception leads to bad decisions.

I don't say to take a kid just because he is from Colorado, that is a ticket to losing. There are a number of Colorado kids who have gone to other P5 schools that I was glad we didn't take.

If a kid is good enough to be our best option though I want him. We need to keep the majority of the Colorado kids who are good enough home and perception does matter. Kids pay attention and follow other kids.

So weird to be talking about a kid who still has a year and a half of high school left and won’t see a college football field for several years.

Heisman 2022!

Put down the bottle, hoss. He's an intriguing prospect, but c'mon.
Hey, I said it was a BOLD prediction!
I agree with @TSchekler , that I am not interested in recruiting kids just because they are in state and are hyped....That being said, I have clearly been impressed with watching Mr. Evans and I would put him as a must get for CU.
bitches-be-mythical_o_1206123.jpg

Wait, did I do that right?

Welcome young Buff!!!

That's a pretty good offer list. Seems like 17 and 18 recruits are getting many more P5 offers than years past.

Here is a bold prediction.

When we look back in five years, everyone will agree that Ty Evans was be the best quarterback to come out of Colorado high school preps......EVER....

I watched some of his games this year and the kid is that good....oh and yes, I have seen other good QB's, in fact I've seen all of them. Not a one of them is worth of being this guys water boy. Some of you are looking for a unicorn....well boys and girls, Ty should be it.
I would now like to officially endorse this post.

Back