What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'19 CO RB Jeremy Hollingsworth (Verbal to Wyoming)

If my son wasn't streaming something all the damn time, I could watch all of his clip. All I saw was just a bit of it. Any reason somebody didn't offer from this level? Competition, injuries, etc?

If my son wasn't streaming something all the damn time, I could watch all of his clip. All I saw was just a bit of it. Any reason somebody didn't offer from this level? Competition, injuries, etc?
His HS track coach overworked the team last year. He then had to do the summer camp circuit with a nagging hamstring issue which hampered his 40 times. Caused (stupid) coaches to shy away.

His HS track coach overworked the team last year. He then had to do the summer camp circuit with a nagging hamstring issue which hampered his 40 times. Caused (stupid) coaches to shy away.
Doesn't surprise me. You definitely don't **** around with a hamstring, that's what keeps them nagging.

This kid is more than worthy of a scholarship. How has CSU not offered him? Does Bobo even recruit Colorado?

This kid is more than worthy of a scholarship. How has CSU not offered him? Does Bobo even recruit Colorado?

Recent years CSU has had a lot of trouble dealing with the players on the Wyoming roster that CSU failed to spend much effort recruiting.

Wyoming had 17 players from Colorado on their roster this year including multiple starters and one all-American who will likely be a high draft choice.

Hollingsworth is the kind of kid wen need to have walking on at CU. He is big enough and looks like a good enough athlete that he could potentially become a part of the depth chart early on. He could also be a contributor on special teams.

Every time a guy like this comes in and earns a scholarship it makes it easier to recruit quality PWOs in the future.

Finally watched his video. Kind of remind me of EB back in the day. I am sure if we didn't already sign 2 RB this round we would offer. I cant understand why csewe or WY has not offered. I see no reason why this kid should have at least those offers.

Finally watched his video. Kind of remind me of EB back in the day. I am sure if we didn't already sign 2 RB this round we would offer. I cant understand why csewe or WY has not offered. I see no reason why this kid should have at least those offers.

Maybe he told those little brother schools that he wants to pay his own way and make it at THE University of Colorado!

I'm hoping a full ride offer comes this weekend on the visit. We don't exactly have a stable of standout RBs at the moment, so why not? Keeping a local stud in-state can't hurt. And frankly, the offers we've been throwing out lately are to some pretty unpolished players. I get that this is not necessarily apples to apples, but again lots of pros to making this happen. My $0.02.

I'm hoping a full ride offer comes this weekend on the visit. We don't exactly have a stable of standout RBs at the moment, so why not? Keeping a local stud in-state can't hurt. And frankly, the offers we've been throwing out lately are to some pretty unpolished players. I get that this is not necessarily apples to apples, but again lots of pros to making this happen. My $0.02.
I'm having a difficult time seeing an offer coming this weekend. With just a few spots left, I don't think there is room for anything more than a PWO.

We have 2 scholarship running backs in this class. I’d love to see him earn a scholarship and he looks to have the potential. But in this cycle we need to spread those scholarships around for other targets and positions.

I'm having a difficult time seeing an offer coming this weekend. With just a few spots left, I don't think there is room for anything more than a PWO.
Yeah, probably. Going to suck if he ends up at somewhere like WYO and ends up churning out 1,000 yard seasons in a few years.

Yeah, as much as I love this kid, with the scholarship situation the way it is, I don’t see an offer as a likelihood.

I wouldn’t be surprised if he gets that scholy after a year or two, though. He’s a baller.

Yeah, probably. Going to suck if he ends up at somewhere like WYO and ends up churning out 1,000 yard seasons in a few years.
Wouldn't be the first time that's happened and won't be the last. I was pounding the table for Wingard, who they wanted as a PWO, but didn't have the room for another scholarship DB that cycle. Obviously in hindsight, Wingard should have been a take, but you just don't know how these kids will turn out. Hopefully this kid decides he wants to play in the P5 and earn a scholarship in the next few years.

Wouldn't be the first time that's happened and won't be the last. I was pounding the table for Wingard, who they wanted as a PWO, but didn't have the room for another scholarship DB that cycle. Obviously in hindsight, Wingard should have been a take, but you just don't know how these kids will turn out. Hopefully this kid decides he wants to play in the P5 and earn a scholarship in the next few years.
Yup. Happens all the time. Hell, look at Phillip Lindsay. Yeah, we took him, but probably only because MM was determined to honor every commitment the previous staff had gotten. It’s probably worse in basketball, where one or two wrong takes/passes can decimate a program.

Posting the tweet...it would have been cool to have another local kid do well at RB for the Buffs like a former 4A RB from Denver South.

Back