What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'19 JC TE Luke Stillwell (SIGNED to COLORADO)

WasianCU

Club Member
Club Member
247sports
ESPN
Rivals
hudl

8381258_e6e103acacb54f67b268c453e98c6996.jpg

Kilgore JC (Denton, TX) / Guyer HS (Denton, TX)

4 years to play 3.

Twitter: https://twitter.com/LukeStillwell
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/luke_stillwell/

Ht: 6'4"
Wt: 225
40:

247s rating: 3* - 83 grade; #8 TE (#176 overall JC)
ESPN rating:
Rivals rating: unrated TE

247sports Composite: unrated

Reported Offers: COLORADO, TCU, Texas Tech, UAB

Last edited by a moderator:
Considering our 2020 roster has only Poplawski (junior) and Russell (junior) at the position along with whatever true freshmen we sign, a JUCO would make a lot of sense at TE.

I was thinking a grad transfer might be more likely due to class balance, though.

Considering our 2020 roster has only Poplawski (junior) and Russell (junior) at the position along with whatever true freshmen we sign, a JUCO would make a lot of sense at TE.

I was thinking a grad transfer might be more likely due to class balance, though.
Did Poplawski RS last year? He's still listed as a Sophomore on the 2019 roster, even though he played as a true freshman. If he RS, that would put him and Russell as Juniors in 2020 with no Seniors at the position, right?

Did Poplawski RS last year? He's still listed as a Sophomore on the 2019 roster, even though he played as a true freshman. If he RS, that would put him and Russell as Juniors in 2020 with no Seniors at the position, right?
Correct. iirc, Poplawski got hurt during fall camp last year and didn't play.

It still makes sense to bring in a JUCO that would be considered a Soph in 2020, though.
Not a lot of those. Most are going to be December transfers with 2 years of eligibility. That's fine for the future as long as we recruit enough HS prospects the next few years to fill the pipeline so we can absorb 3 players graduating after 2021. Most important thing for the 2020 season is to make sure we don't go into it at risk of an injury making the position a liability due to a lack of depth. Class balance is always a secondary concern to the need to win now.

Really? I feel like his comments were almost the opposite.

Reading it again, I would say the comments were pretty even-keeled. I think the TCU offer will be hard for him to turn down, but hopefully I am wrong.

Reading it again, I would say the comments were pretty even-keeled. I think the TCU offer will be hard for him to turn down, but hopefully I am wrong.

Who knows, but CU is a really good situation for a young TE. Lots of playing time available and good coaching.

I didnt realize his TCU offer just came in yesterday. And unless TT can bring him in this Summer it is a TCU/CU battle

Does taking Stillwell affect our ability to take both Fauria and Kole Taylor in this class? If so I’m out I think.

Does taking Stillwell affect our ability to take both Fauria and Kole Taylor in this class? If so I’m out I think.
I doubt it. He’d be coming in as a junior, whereas the other two would be true freshmen.

I guess we'll see. You obviously have a better read, but that interview seemed pretty benign overall in terms of trying to guess where he ends up.
Yeah but when a recruit says “everything about x program is cool and all, buuuut...” I feel like he’s just paying lip service. We’ll see

I think he's less concerned about the distance than having a real TE coach, and is impressed with Pupunu.

Sounds to me like he wants to be a Buff and is very interested in playing for Pupunu. The hesitancy is that while he wants to leave the comment about a place his parents are comfortable with says they might be pushing him to stay closer to home.

We should know soon.

Back