What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'19 MI RB Jaren Mangham (SIGNED to COLORADO)

Remember just a few pages ago people were saying we shouldn’t be recruiting JM because we “don’t have a shot”?
I was skeptical that CU could go into Michigan and pull out a high 3* / 4* with his kind of offer list. I guess the lesson is to never forget that there are always wildcards in recruiting and that each prospect is an individual, not a generality. Pays to put your hat in the ring and have a conversation. Much like Tad did to land Kin out of Minnesota for the hoops program.

Remember just a few pages ago people were saying we shouldn’t be recruiting JM because we “don’t have a shot”?
Nobody said that.

I asked why are we recruiting him unless we have some kind of indication that we have a shot at landing him. That’s a very different thing than saying “we have no shot”.

We obviously had a pretty good indication that we had a chance of landing him.

Mangham also did a call out to Sparty fans a day or two ago. He seems to be playing the hat ceremony game on twitter right now to rile up different fan bases.

We're still the only school he's made an official visit to, right? Although, I'm sure he's visited MSU unofficially.

Nobody said that.

I asked why are we recruiting him unless we have some kind of indication that we have a shot at landing him. That’s a very different thing than saying “we have no shot”.

We obviously had a pretty good indication that we had a chance of landing him.
I’ll bet you are just ‘Not Sure’.

I will shoot a duck if he commits to Oregon.
duckhunt.jpg

Of note, his junior year highlights are him running on a bad leg. Hurt his ankle in late August and played through it all year.

How often do crystal ball predictions change ?

It's very random. There really is no rhyme or reason to it. Adam is pretty good considering he is correct 90 percent of the time. Some of the Texas writers crystal ball kids simply because a Texas school offers. That's why they are correct 50 percent of the time.

They change when the predictor catches wind of a recruit changing his mind. If you have information, you use it.

Back