What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'19 TX OG Chans Jones

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member
247sports
ESPN
Rivals
hudl

pi8my0ghkonlakkxco6j

Bishop Dunne HS (Dallas, TX)

Twitter: https://twitter.com/easymoneychans

Ht: 6'3"
Wt: 324
40:

247s rating: 3* - 81 grade; #107 OG
ESPN rating: 3* - 70 grade; #104 OG
Rivals rating: 2* - 5.4rr; unranked OG

247sports Composite: 3* / 0.8215 / #97 OG / #1848 overall

Reported Offers: Air Force, CSU, Kansas State, New Mexico, New Mexico State, Syracuse, Texas State, UCF

Chev making inroads at Bishop Dunne with a visit this week. Chans is coming to Boulder on the final OV weekend. Thoughts had been he was maybe a UCF lean. Chidera also recruiting.

Chidera is still on the staff? Cool.

(I don't really know how all this works, was he a GA or something? Is that not technically part of the staff?)

Chidera is still on the staff? Cool.

(I don't really know how all this works, was he a GA or something? Is that not technically part of the staff?)
Finishing up his 4th year on staff. Recruiting intern followed by 3 years as a grad assistant. Not sure what that means for 2019 if he finishes up his grad degree.

Seems like a pretty unimpressive offer list and overall rating for a guy that size and from a well known program. Any insights as to why?

Seems like a pretty unimpressive offer list and overall rating for a guy that size and from a well known program. Any insights as to why?
He plays mostly Tackle and I think the height (and weight) listed here are actually a little inflated. Upgrade over CU's current Guard situation, no doubt, though.

Road graders are not popular in the air raid and spread Pac12 and Big12 offenses.

We will dominate defenses with our running game behind players like this.
I believe that's one of our big opportunities with recruiting Texas. The Big 12 has turned into the Arena League, as have most of the other in-state D1 programs. That's not appealing to a lot of offensive linemen. They want a chance to hit people, not just play defense and absorb hits.

I believe that's one of our big opportunities with recruiting Texas. The Big 12 has turned into the Arena League, as have most of the other in-state D1 programs. That's not appealing to a lot of offensive linemen. They want a chance to hit people, not just play defense and absorb hits.

Also, I don't know if this is just anecdotal or not... but it seems like a lot of high school programs are really run heavy. If the elite linemen are used to playing smashmouth and then just have to play a reactive form of line when they get to college, I can see a big area of opportunity for recruiting there.

Well, the kid sure doesn't give up on his blocking assignments. Throwing dudes around like rag-dolls. Interesting to see if his speed/quickness will give him some challenges at the P5 level, but I like everything else I see.

It's why the OL transition to the NFL is probably the 2nd hardest transition, behind QB. Although the NFL is starting to adapt to the college game more now, there is still a lot more hand in the dirt and hitting people required for OL. That's a big part of the reason I liked Ramcyk from Wisconsin over Bolles from Utah a few years ago, and also why programs like Wisconsin usually put 1-2 OL in the league per year.

Kid plays tough. He never put his hand in the dirt, even on running plays. I remember MT talking about how he likes his lineman. Flex in the hips and ankles, strong 3 point stance, I don't see any of that with this kid. Although he is a mauler, might be good enough. I saw one snap at center, maybe his future position.

Back