What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'19 TX WR LaVontae Shenault (SIGNED to COLORADO)

Congrats
Welcome
Excited
We need to be sure to let LaVontae be his own man cause his Bro will only be here 1 more year. Bring it Desoto Boys!!!

Allbuffs be like
7dfd6d9f-b34d-4b5f-a678-c5926fe728f4.gif
The fact that you posted this before "Sky and Shy" is incredible!!

Really glad to have him on board.

He is not his brother. Comparing his highlights to what we have seen from his brother (I know not apples to apples but valid) his brother is much more physical, Vontae relies more on quickness and elusiveness. As he develops physically I could see him becoming more physical in his approach but very few receivers can play the style his brother does. Similarity in that both are long and have a big catch radius and strong hands, they can make a QB look better than he is.

It also seems like both have a great attitude towards football and life. They want their actions on the field to speak for who they are instead of trying to call attention to themselves.

That would be interesting if he could but at the college level that becomes very hard to do.

Good luck to him if he does.

Arik Armstead, now a DL with the 49ers, tried to play basketball and football at Oregon. He played one season of hoops but I think it became unmanageable... Even harder when the football team plays in bowl games near New Year's. Let's hope we have that problem.

Arik Armstead, now a DL with the 49ers, tried to play basketball and football at Oregon. He played one season of hoops but I think it became unmanageable... Even harder when the football team plays in bowl games near New Year's. Let's hope we have that problem.

Julius Peppers was the last player I can think of who notably palyed football and basketball. Then again at UNC he did not have to go to class, so he had lots of free time.

Probably the most notable in "modern" times was Charlie Ward at FSU.

Ward won the Heisman trophy as FSU's starting QB but was undrafted by the NFL.

In basketball he was the starting PG, played four years including playing in a sweet 16, and went on to play multiple years in the NBA including starting in an NBA finals.

LaViska
KD
Brown
Stanley
Arias
Jackson
Bell
Huffman-Dixon
Luckett
LaVontae

Wowza!!! For three straight years, the Koolaid has flowed for the Blackout Boyz in the WR Room have gotten us hot and bothered as possibly the BEST, but maybe, just maybe this is by far the best group of WR we have ever had, and their coach is focused on them, and they have a 5th year QB throwing to them. Man am I excited!!!
If we have a decent OL it’s game on baby.

As I recall, we had quite a few guys in the early 90s that could have played D1 hoops, but Mac wouldn't allow it. (Lord knows Harrington could have used the help.)

I think the demands on student athletes is greater these days than it used to be, though. It would be cool to see, but I would have to think that Tad would have to be on board with not seeing a guy until mid-December or later (hopefully much later) for it to work.

Anyway, who cares right now. Just glad he's here!

As I recall, we had quite a few guys in the early 90s that could have played D1 hoops, but Mac wouldn't allow it. (Lord knows Harrington could have used the help.)

I think the demands on student athletes is greater these days than it used to be, though. It would be cool to see, but I would have to think that Tad would have to be on board with not seeing a guy until mid-December or later (hopefully much later) for it to work.

Anyway, who cares right now. Just glad he's here!

Khanavis McGee and one other guy played basketball in 89-90. They didnt see the floor much.

Reactions: Val
LaViska
KD
Brown
Stanley
Arias
Jackson
Bell
Huffman-Dixon
Luckett
LaVontae

Wowza!!! For three straight years, the Koolaid has flowed for the Blackout Boyz in the WR Room have gotten us hot and bothered as possibly the BEST, but maybe, just maybe this is by far the best group of WR we have ever had, and their coach is focused on them, and they have a 5th year QB throwing to them. Man am I excited!!!
Left out Dylan Thomas.

Back