What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'20 CO QB Aidan Atkinson (Verbal to Northwestern)

I'm not big on the "must get" thing with anyone.

Atkinson is someone I'd love to sign and I really hope it happens, but it's not like CU won't sign an excellent QB prospect in 2020 if Atkinson chooses to go out of state or CU makes someone else its #1 target at the position.

Would be cool if he signs with CU. Fingers crossed. But let's not be jumping off bridges if it doesn't play out that way. :)

I'm not big on the "must get" thing with anyone.

Atkinson is someone I'd love to sign and I really hope it happens, but it's not like CU won't sign an excellent QB prospect in 2020 if Atkinson chooses to go out of state or CU makes someone else its #1 target at the position.

Would be cool if he signs with CU. Fingers crossed. But let's not be jumping off bridges if it doesn't play out that way. :)
He may be the best QB the state of CO has ever produced, I just hope we put the full court press on Aidan, of course only time will tell but he may be the program changer that CU desperately needs.

He may be the best QB the state of CO has ever produced, I just hope we put the full court press on Aidan, of course only time will tell but he may be the program changer that CU desperately needs.
For sure.

I just don't like the phrase "must get".

To put it another way, I'm incredibly high on Barrett Miller at OT this year and Andrew Gentry next year. Life will go on if we don't land either, as much as I believe they would be tremendous Buffs and as much as I want them to be Buffs. It's a big country with a lot of talent signing every year, so I don't use the term "must get". Similarly, I don't use the term "must win" unless it's an actual elimination game.

Best of luck to him. Still hope to flip him to CU.

But... grrrrrr.

With our new offense he would be an ideal fit. Hopefully we can at least get in front of him and shoot our shot.

Atkinson is facing three charges of sexual assault, one charge of attempted sexual assault, and five charges of unlawful sexual contact stemming from an incident on a party bus in September 2018.

Remember innocent until proven guilty but yes it does sound bad.

Glad he isn't a CU commit because if he was certain members of the media would be all over it.

Wouldn't be surprising if Northwestern pulled their offer to him immediately.

It is but if he is guilty then he did it to himself. At that point I'm more worried about the victims.

Might have something to do with having two teenage daughters.
Obviously, yes, I agree. Strictly from his standpoint, I just hate seeing young kids make horrible mistakes, particularly ones that ruin a promising future. But yes, sympathy is with the victims if he is guilty.

Back