What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'20 LA RB Ashaad Clayton (SIGNED to COLORADO)

It's like this: you got one of the hottest girls in school to go to the dance with you, but the dance is still a couple of weeks off, and one of the popular kids keeps hanging around her. Sure, she's still telling you that she's going with you, and he's one of the uglier kids in that crowd, but it still makes you nervous.

Plus, she's apparently got a family member trying to get her to go with one of the band geeks.
I laughed at KU as a band geek.

It's like this: you got one of the hottest girls in school to go to the dance with you, but the dance is still a couple of weeks off, and one of the popular kids keeps hanging around her. Sure, she's still telling you that she's going with you, and he's one of the uglier kids in that crowd, but it still makes you nervous.

Plus, she's apparently got a family member trying to get her to go with one of the band geeks.
That story seems oddly full of detail. What was her name?

Tammy. She told me she would go to homecoming with me my sophomore year. Apparently she said the same thing to 2 other dudes.

She solved the problem by moving a week before the dance.

I'm facebook friends with her. She's fat now. Not that I'm still bitter.
PHEW! At least at HC, you don't have to rent a tux!

So all you had to do, was put your freshly-cleaned white sport coat back in the closet and throw away that pink carnation boutonniere! Amirite?

Tammy. She told me she would go to homecoming with me my sophomore year. Apparently she said the same thing to 2 other dudes.

Can you invite Tammy on for an AMA?

This is actually a very profound analogy

Thanks for the laughs.

Thanks for the laughs.
That's what she told him as well.

Sorry @Alfred91 , couldn't resist.

Actually though I continue to feel better about Clayton as time goes on. I think that he is a kid who values relationships and it seems like his relationship with MT and with others in Boulder continues to get stronger.

He is going to keep having fun with twitter and messing with the fans. It's his right and he doesn't hurt anyone having some fun. In the end though I think the paper he signs is going to have CU on it.

That's what she told him as well.

Sorry @Alfred91 , couldn't resist.

Actually though I continue to feel better about Clayton as time goes on. I think that he is a kid who values relationships and it seems like his relationship with MT and with others in Boulder continues to get stronger.

He is going to keep having fun with twitter and messing with the fans. It's his right and he doesn't hurt anyone having some fun. In the end though I think the paper he signs is going to have CU on it.

This

Just announced on 24/7 (don't have the link handy) that former 5* WR Justin Shorter is transfering from Penn State to Florida.

Don't know how much space the Gator's have left but if they are like a lot of schools at this point this may be filling the spot they may have been holding hoping for Clayton.

Still think he would have been coming to CU anyways but one more thing in the picture.

Reactions: DBT
That story seems oddly full of detail. What was her name?
giphy.gif

Just announced on 24/7 (don't have the link handy) that former 5* WR Justin Shorter is transfering from Penn State to Florida.

Don't know how much space the Gator's have left but if they are like a lot of schools at this point this may be filling the spot they may have been holding hoping for Clayton.

Still think he would have been coming to CU anyways but one more thing in the picture.

The Gators are very tight with numbers, as one would expect heading into the February signing day. But, they have a slot open for a running back. They were slow playing Clayton while waiting to see where 5 ⭐️ RB Zach Evans would land (many SEC schools in play, including the Gators). HC Dan Mullen pulled the trigger this weekend and formally offered Clayton. Mullen has an in home visit with Clayton this week, where he hopes to seal the deal and get a planned CU unofficial visit cancelled. If you don’t see a bunch of crystal balls flipping for UF in the next few days, obviously that bodes well for HC Mel Tucker to close on the unofficial. Keep your fingers crossed.

“I’m going to Colorado for an unofficial visit,” he said on where he will visit next weekend. “I’m just weighing everything out honestly. The coaching staff over there are great, Mel Tucker is a great dude, I think I’ll make my final decision on February 5th.”

From an interview this weekend.

“I’m going to Colorado for an unofficial visit,” he said on where he will visit next weekend. “I’m just weighing everything out honestly. The coaching staff over there are great, Mel Tucker is a great dude, I think I’ll make my final decision on February 5th.”

From an interview this weekend.
Supposed to be nice weather next weekend if that even matters.

The Gators are very tight with numbers, as one would expect heading into the February signing day. But, they have a slot open for a running back. They were slow playing Clayton while waiting to see where 5 ⭐ RB Zach Evans would land (many SEC schools in play, including the Gators). HC Dan Mullen pulled the trigger this weekend and formally offered Clayton. Mullen has an in home visit with Clayton this week, where he hopes to seal the deal and get a planned CU unofficial visit cancelled. If you don’t see a bunch of crystal balls flipping for UF in the next few days, obviously that bodes well for HC Mel Tucker to close on the unofficial. Keep your fingers crossed.

I would be shocked if Mullen can get him to cancel his return trip. If Clayton was waiting on the UF offer he would probably have already taken it. Just my uniformed opinion.

I think Clayton realizes that he doesn’t want to be the backup plan. At CU he’s our only plan.

Also, offering so close to signing day is kind of a slap in the face. They could’ve offered months ago, but Mullens wanted to wait on Evans, and he’s still waiting.

Last edited:
I think Clayton realizes that he doesn’t want to be the backup plan. At CU he’s our only plan.

Also, offering so close to signing day is kind of a slap in the face. They could’ve offered months ago, but Mullens wanted to wait on Evans, and he’s still waiting.

I still think he's coming. We're the program who has made him the priority during his recruitment....not UF or LSU.

(free)
THE PICK: Colorado

Colorado coach Mel Tucker is doing everything he can to keep Top247 running back Ashaad Clayton in the fold and right now it seems like it’s working. Clayton took an official to Florida over the weekend, but at this point Clayton is expected to return to Boulder this next weekend on an unofficial before making a final decision. Dan Mullen goes in-home this week so we’ll see how that goes, but Clayton fell in love with the Buffaloes back in November and those feelings appear to be holding true at this point in the process. Clayton is the No. 17 running back and No. 164 prospect overall in the 247Sports Composite and hails from New Orleans, where he played at Warren Easton High.

Interesting that Zach Evans can't sign on Feb 5, having signed and been released already, because only one LOI is allowed.
So when can he sign then, and how does it work if he ends up with the dawgs after all. TIA

Back