What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'20 TX RB Stacy Sneed (Signed to Houston)

Warren McCarty is the lone response to that Tweet where he just says “DM”. Warren McCarty is a douche.

That Coach O guy followed it with another tweet about CU lying and a gif of Chip.

#allpublicityisgoodpublicity
McCarty is mad at CU because for the most part CU has ignored his players.

He has over the years criticized CU for not having enough talent and at the same time thinking that CU should be recruiting a lot more Colorado kids (especially his) even when they are kids who aren't getting other P5 offers.

I don’t even know if he’s an actual high school coach. It only mentions a 7v7 team, so I feel like he’s one of those guys and not an actual high school coach. An actual high school coach is not likely to make those kind of comments publicly.

He seems to me to be a Dallas version of McChesney and Six Zero Academy

It does sort of suck for a legacy guy to have to go through that. I feel badly for him. But without knowing how it went down, people should be careful with criticism.

McCarty is mad at CU because for the most part CU has ignored his players.

He has over the years criticized CU for not having enough talent and at the same time thinking that CU should be recruiting a lot more Colorado kids (especially his) even when they are kids who aren't getting other P5 offers.
Well, to be fair, that was also Matt McChesney's opinion of CU for a long time, too, and he employed McCarty. Matt M also blocked a lot of people on social media for criticizing McCarty, and then they had some kind of falling out and Matt kicked him to the curb.

Well, to be fair, that was also Matt McChesney's opinion of CU for a long time, too, and he employed McCarty. Matt M also blocked a lot of people on social media for criticizing McCarty, and then they had some kind of falling out and Matt kicked him to the curb.
McChesney is always going to want more of his guys to go to CU, his business is getting kids scholarship offers at the highest level he can get them to. He also gets invested in his kids and sometimes believes they are better than they really are.

McCarty has criticized CU for not taking Colorado kids who he had nothing to do with. In the past he has stated that if a kid is good enough for CSU or Wyoming he should be going to CU.

It is unfortunate because Sneed has been solidly committed for a while but college coaches can't afford to be sentimental.

They can't turn down a significantly better player just because the other guy has been with you longer.

If they offered him another position they are giving him the chance to be a Buff and he should be able to see that with a 4* back ahead of him along with the current guys the odds of him seeing the field are fairly low. Playing another position gets him the scholly and an opportunity to play.

It does sort of suck for a legacy guy to have to go through that. I feel badly for him. But without knowing how it went down, people should be careful with criticism.
Umm, how long do you think he's been going through legacy stuff? I'd think, quite some time. As far as criticism, why? I really haven't seen much of that, honestly. If the staff likes someone better to do what they want to get done, that's the damn job. Doesn't mean Sneed can't go out and show them they made a mistake.

Last edited:
Umm, how long do you think he's been going through legacy stuff? I'd think, quite some time. As far as criticism, why? I really haven't seen much of that, honestly. If the staff likes someone better to do what they want to get done, that's the damn job. Doesn't mean Sneed can't go out and show them they made a mistake.
Huh?

Hopefully he doesn’t sign with CSU and we have another Marcus Houston playing against us with a chip on his shoulder

I wish the best to the kid and I’m sorry it didn’t work out for him. I hope he doesn’t personally have any hard feelings towards Colorado and this was dealt with well by the staff. Good luck to him in his future, I’m sorry it’s not with the Buffaloes.

Off topic from Mr Sneed, but man, Lubick trying to stick it to CU by running Marcus for the TD at CU and falling short was one of the great moments. Hilarious to know he was trying to be an asshole and make a point and got egg smeared in his face.

I thought that maybe Sneed had been offered a slot receiver position and wondered why he wouldn’t take that, but could see a DB offer being something he wasn’t interested in.

Back