What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2001 #1 Nebraska at #15 Colorado

The 93 and 94 games were frustrating considering all the talent cu had. The offense especially kordell lost those games.

The rest were last minute heartbreaks. 99 was especially cruel, damn fg kickers.

'99 CU-NU was probably still the best all-around college football game I've ever seen in person, even though the wrong team won. ****ing #collegekicker.

I had a bad feeling when Barnett went into "run the clock" mode. The Nub defense was gassed. We could have at least gotten closer, probably scored a TD.

The 93 and 94 games were frustrating considering all the talent cu had. The offense especially kordell lost those games.

The rest were last minute heartbreaks. 99 was especially cruel, damn fg kickers.

Yea '99 is the one that sticks out the most to me, especially after the big comeback and they way we were running it down their throat but couldn't scored a TD on our OT possession.

How can a thread about such a good thing turn so quickly into rehashing the bad things?

This is why CU can't have nice things.

As much as I bash UT so often, I was in Knoxville Tennessee that night with my future ex wife and a bunch of her friends got off from Home Depot early (why else would they be wearing so much orange?) and watched the game with me. I was screaming and yelling and jumping around, they knew there was something wrong with me, but they also realized this was a very big deal for CU. They even broke out the 'Shine that night. Good times.

01 was an amazing game! I felt almost sad for the state of Nebraska that day...then listening to the disgusting comments most of them had made that feeling pass. Greatest fans in college football...my ass...most Husker fans I encounter (I live in Nebraska), are complete garbage...

Good god I'm sorry... I got out of there as soon as I turned 18 and drove straight to Boulder.

Saw something strange today, an old map. In 1850, Boulder was divided by the 40th Parallel (Baseline) and those to the south were in Kansas Territory, those to the north in Nebraska Territory. The whole University used to be in Nebraska?

I remember that glorious day, crying tears of joy, as we shredded the fuskers and destroyed their program.

We could all relive and rehash so many amazing and memorable games and moments that we all had, but I have a question related to the here and now...

First, how does everyone feel about how welcome we are in the PAC 12 from all the teams in the league?
With that in mind, how excited is everyone about the PAC 12 Games, and specifically which ones?
Do any PAC 12 Games ever feel like the Husker Games, or even the Missouri Games, especially after 1990? (Still think Missouri is sh*t)

I get no butterflies about any games, except for USC. They are the only one that makes me feel like we are playing Nebraska and I want our guys to get more angry and fired up to play those a-holes. The teams in the South Division need to become our enemies and we need to pick them off one at a time and keep them in our rearview mirror. The first one that should be put below us forever is ARIZONA STATE!!!

I want to beat both Arizona schools bad too...especially ASU. Utah decided that they still miss their Mormon brothers so screw 'em. UCLA...screw 'em....USC...we need to start beating them first.

We could all relive and rehash so many amazing and memorable games and moments that we all had, but I have a question related to the here and now...

First, how does everyone feel about how welcome we are in the PAC 12 from all the teams in the league?
With that in mind, how excited is everyone about the PAC 12 Games, and specifically which ones?
Do any PAC 12 Games ever feel like the Husker Games, or even the Missouri Games, especially after 1990? (Still think Missouri is sh*t)

I get no butterflies about any games, except for USC. They are the only one that makes me feel like we are playing Nebraska and I want our guys to get more angry and fired up to play those a-holes. The teams in the South Division need to become our enemies and we need to pick them off one at a time and keep them in our rearview mirror. The first one that should be put below us forever is ARIZONA STATE!!!

Hate to say it, but I don't think there is the same level of overall hatred in the PAC12 as there was in the Big12. I have good friends that went to Utah, and they are simply too classy to despise. Also knew Ed Reinhardt as a fellow classmate and remember how well the Oregon fans treated him as he recovered. For that reason, I will always have a fond place in my heart for them. We haven't had enough of an impact in the PAC12 yet to have any of the other schools develop any feelings about us, good or bad. Maybe they like us because for all but one year, we have represented an easy win. Outside of the trash way fUCLA has played, I don't really get pumped up to see CU destroy another football team.

The Pussker games rank up there with the old Red Wings/ AVS games. I have friends that went to Nebraska, and I have no problem ripping them mercilessly. I also absolutely hate *******Baylor, KSU, Texas (FU Mack Brown), OU, TA&M (love those nazi band uniforms) and like you those sister breeders at Misery......and don't forget ****Baylor again. Was ambivalent about the rest of the Big12 because they are just a bunch of flyover state rubes.

Outside of the UofA bball team, fUCLA and ASU football, I really don't have the same level of disdain that I had for the majority of the Big12. It seems that because academic rankings is a bigger bragging right than athletics in the PAC12, the real banter arrives when All Academic teams are announced and then the insults truly fly. We PAC12 graduates have meaningful careers and athletics is something that we enjoy. The majority of the BIG 12 grads and fans like standing behind their livestock on game day practicing animal husbandry and hoping they don't get caught while wondering if the other school has animals that don't kick when they get nudged.

Last edited:
There was something in the air the day of that game - it was an overcast day but good football weather. I remember walking to the stadium and seeing a lot of Nebraska fans standing outside trying to get tickets and CU fans were not selling them - highly unusual. It was like every CU fan knew it was going to be a special day. I remember going into the stadium and telling my wife that we were going to win - I just did not feel like we were the underdog. There were Nebraska fans in the stadium but not as many as most years. We stood during the whole game - the couple behind us was a mixed marriage (she was a Buff and he was a Nub) and she was giving him crap the entire game and he just stared at the ground ( probably hoping he would be getting sex by Christmas).

I remember after the game standing and watching the people rushing the field and celebrating - it was probably one of my most emotional times watching the Buffs as I was both laughing and crying. That evening my wife and I went down to BJs on the Pearl St. Mall for dinner. We were on the upper level overlooking the bar, the bar was full of CU fans and there were several large tables of Nebraska fans around us and whenever the CU highlights would come on ESPN the bar crowd would erupt and the Nebraska fan tables would be mighty solemn.

I wish we could have that again as a fan base. Even when we crush USC, it will not be the same.

Back