What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2008 Attendance

I went to the game at 11:30 by myself - my friends don't wake up before 1pm or so on Saturdays usually. The student section was empty in the first quarter but filled in fairly nicely in the 2nd quarter.

I hate to say it, but if the team was better, the stadium would be more full.

The combination of an early game + bad season at the end of the year is a recipe for CU students to not bother to get out of bed.

I was definitely embarrassed to be apart of the "student body" this weekend. I was sitting with '87 and kept telling him, "have faith, they're coming". It did get a little better, but let me down.

I've been here longer than you..you should have trusted me when I said they wouldn't fill up. :thumbsup:

The student section was an utter embarrassment this weekend. It was at most half full all game. And we wonder why it is hard to recruit and compete in the big 12. Look at any other school in the big 12 outside Baylor and there is a good chance they pull more fans to their spring games than we had this weekend. The students are a huge problem..... GET TO THE GAME OR LET SOMEONE ELSE BUY THE TICKETS WHO MIGHT SHOW UP!!!

It was a battle of the worst and second worst teams in the Big 12. And it was at 11:30 am. If it was an 11:30 pm game more students would show up. Playing how CU has on offense this season drives students away. CU is not that fun to watch this year; granted the ISU game had a great finish the first 30 min sucked. On a positive note I did enjoy lounging over 3 rows in the student section.

The students are a huge problem..... GET TO THE GAME OR LET SOMEONE ELSE BUY THE TICKETS WHO MIGHT SHOW UP!!!

Let's not act like the students are taking away tickets from other fans. The game wasn't a sellout to begin with so even with the students not showing up, they still weren't taking away tickets from someone else that wanted to watch the Buffs.

Let's not act like the students are taking away tickets from other fans. The game wasn't a sellout to begin with so even with the students not showing up, they still weren't taking away tickets from someone else that wanted to watch the Buffs.

I believe he meant give up your ticket to a student who didn't have one and would go

I went to the game at 11:30 by myself - my friends don't wake up before 1pm or so on Saturdays usually. The student section was empty in the first quarter but filled in fairly nicely in the 2nd quarter.

I hate to say it, but if the team was better, the stadium would be more full.

The combination of an early game + bad season at the end of the year is a recipe for CU students to not bother to get out of bed.

DUDE ....your friend are the ****ing problem...don't wake up before 1....WTF!!! call them and wake them up it's FOOTBALL....JESUS CHRIST figure it out. Maybe the team might be better if your FREINDS showed the **** up!!!!!

If A CU student will not get out of bed by 11:30 to go to a game...give me their name and number and I will make sure they are at the game.....believe me...if not they can go to CSU...****ING LAZY BASTARDS!!!!! GROW THE **** UP!!!!!

Kickoff was too early, both of my students were still sleeping at 10:30 am

:lol: Same here. I called Mike at 10:30. The phone rang and rang then he answered in that "just woke up from a deep sleep" manner. But all three of mine made it to the game. :thumbsup:

:lol: Same here. I called Mike at 10:30. The phone rang and rang then he answered in that "just woke up from a deep sleep" manner. But all three of mine made it to the game. :thumbsup:
Hey nice job way to stay on top of them:thumbsup:

As a defense of the students, CU football has been bad for the entire time all of us, unless you want to call 2005 good, have been here. For those of us who aren't die-hard football fans, a lot of them don't really care to go the games when CU is rattling off streaks like losing 5 of the last 6 games, particularly when the game is at 11:30.

I go to the games regardless. But a lot of CU students aren't going to go to early games in bad years during ski season. That's just how it is.

Put a good product on the field and the stadium will be full. Put together consecutive losing seasons prior to this year, plus the disappointment that this year has been, and some of the students aren't going to go to the games, even if they have tickets. Some, like me, will be at every game. Some won't.

As a defense of the students, CU football has been bad for the entire time all of us, unless you want to call 2005 good, have been here. For those of us who aren't die-hard football fans, a lot of them don't really care to go the games when CU is rattling off streaks like losing 5 of the last 6 games, particularly when the game is at 11:30.

I go to the games regardless. But a lot of CU students aren't going to go to early games in bad years during ski season. That's just how it is.

Put a good product on the field and the stadium will be full. Put together consecutive losing seasons prior to this year, plus the disappointment that this year has been, and some of the students aren't going to go to the games, even if they have tickets. Some, like me, will be at every game. Some won't.

I hear what you're saying, but the situation in *ebraska isn't any better, and they sell out every game. The situation in Michigan isn't any better, but they sell out every game. The situation in Tennessee isn't any better... you get the picture. I fully realize that we are not at the same level as those programs, but it would be nice if we were. It makes rebuilding a program much easier if you can count on fan support, regardless of the product on the field.

but the situation in *ebraska isn't any better, and they sell out every game. The situation in Michigan isn't any better, but they sell out every game. The situation in Tennessee isn't any better...

Exactly. But buffs04's point is... there ARE other things to do in Colorado when the situation is bad for CU football, such as skiing. Those states you mentioned above.. well there's nothing to do there so what other choice do they have besides going to a football game?

Exactly. But buffs04's point is... there ARE other things to do in Colorado when the situation is bad for CU football, such as skiing. Those states you mentioned above.. well there's nothing to do there so what other choice do they have besides going to a football game?

I've always hated that excuse. Florida hasn't sucked in a long time, but their fan support has always been good, at least to my knowledge. There's plenty to do in Florida other than watch college football. Texas A&M sucks donkey this year, there's lots to do in Texas. It's more about a culture than anything else. Those places live and breathe football. It's part of their DNA. I want CU to have that same kind of following. I don't know if it'll happen, but that's what I want.

Won't happen, but I'm with ya. People in Colorado just don't get into anything under professional sports. Which is a shame because for the most part I can't stand professional sports.

I've always hated that excuse. Florida hasn't sucked in a long time, but their fan support has always been good, at least to my knowledge. There's plenty to do in Florida other than watch college football. Texas A&M sucks donkey this year, there's lots to do in Texas. It's more about a culture than anything else. Those places live and breathe football. It's part of their DNA. I want CU to have that same kind of following. I don't know if it'll happen, but that's what I want.

Actually, there's not much to do in Gainesville or in College Station. There is, however, lots to do in Miami... see?

Actually, there's not much to do in Gainesville or in College Station. There is, however, lots to do in Miami... see?

Gainesville is what, 40 minutes north of Orlando? You honestly mean to tell me that there's nothing to do in the area? Collie Station may suck, but it's a half hour from Houston (give or take). I'm pretty sure that people actually travel TO both of those towns to watch the games from places like Houston, Austin, Orlando, Jacksonville, and Tampa.

Sorry, but i'm not buying what you're selling. You either are a CU fan or your not. This BS about having other stuff to do falls on deaf ears with me. I don't want to hear it. I don't believe it.

this is a chicken and egg situation.

some people want the product to be stellar before they choose to drop cash and support it.

but when recruits see empty seats in the student section and other fans sitting on their hands, they take away a "blah" impression about the program and the game day atmosphere.

once in a blue moon we will land a darrell scott but more times than not, top recruits will choose a program that has a lot of support and excitement behind it.

if you want to see a good product on the field, take care of the portion you have control over....your butt in your seat...

this is a chicken and egg situation.

some people want the product to be stellar before they choose to drop cash and support it.

but when recruits see empty seats in the student section and other fans sitting on their hands, they take away a "blah" impression about the program and the game day atmosphere.

once in a blue moon we will land a darrell scott but more times than not, top recruits will choose a program that has a lot of support and excitement behind it.

if you want to see a good product on the field, take care of the portion you have control over....your butt in your seat...
:yeahthat:

Gainesville is what, 40 minutes north of Orlando? You honestly mean to tell me that there's nothing to do in the area? Collie Station may suck, but it's a half hour from Houston (give or take). I'm pretty sure that people actually travel TO both of those towns to watch the games from places like Houston, Austin, Orlando, Jacksonville, and Tampa.

Sorry, but i'm not buying what you're selling. You either are a CU fan or your not. This BS about having other stuff to do falls on deaf ears with me. I don't want to hear it. I don't believe it.

Gainesville is 2 hours from Orlando and College Station is 2 hours from Houston.

Gainesville is 2 hours from Orlando and College Station is 2 hours from Houston.

If Gainesville is two hours from a ****ty place, and College Station is two hours away from a ****ty place...

Ummmm, what's the point again. Each fanbase has it's own circumstances and culture. CU fans are somewhat fickle and the program must compete with a broad spectrum of distractions. Not the normal stuff either. A lot of professional sports AND a lot of outdoor activities. Now, also take a look at the population within a hundred and fifty mile radius of the stadium. And again, look at how those populations value football. Flordia? Texas?

Does anyone disagree with those considerations? And again, if CU was two hours from ****ing Orlando, I swear to God, fans would hang out in the stadium even during non-game days, the options would be so bleak! I lived in Florida...Pensacola at least is a total ****hole. I lived in Texas...Corpus Christi is not AS bad, but no picnic either (sorry Aviator Buff).

How much are Donks season seats VS CU?

At the old Mile High, Broncos tickets were actually less than CU season tickets. That's not the case anymore. I think the cheapest Broncos ticket you can get is somewhere around $40, whereas you can typically get a CU ticket for around $25-$30, depending on the game and the location of the seat.

As for season tickets, again it all depends on where the seats are. 50-yard line seats for the Buffs will run around $1,000/Yr, which includes the seat tax. I don't think you can get a 50-yard line seat at Invesco for anywhere close to that.

Back