What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2008 Attendance

Bottom line is this.... there are 20,000+ students at CU. Only 10,000 student seats. If you are one of those 10,000 with seats SHOW UP! I don't give a *hit if it's an 8 am game... take a nap afterward or whatever. If you are not gonna go don't buy a seat. Let one of the remaining 10,000+ students buy seats. Until we get some butts in the seats we are gonna have a hard time keeping up with schools like Nebraska, Texas or Oklahoma. Hell even KU fills their damn stadium!

First, let me start by saying that I find it depressing to see the student section so empty at the start of the game. I can't imagine what it must feel like for the players, revved up from their pre-game talk, to head out of the tunnel and onto the field behind Ralphie - only to look straight ahead towards the bowl and see empty seats.

That being said, there may be one explanation other than the students just being lazy ......

they are there, but all crammed into the better sections.

When I was in the senior section (four years, counting law school), we would have four guys with senior section tickets get past security. Then one guy would gather up the tickets, go out for a hot dog, and pass the three other tickets to non-seniors. The senior section would regularly have five people for every three seats, and since everyone was standing, no one was displaced.

Perhaps that is what is happening now. The students show up, cram themselves into the better seats, and only when the game starts, and it is too cramped to see, do some of the more prudent students head south for more reasonable space in the end zone.

All there is to it? Nah. But it's a theory, and at least then I don't have to be as disappointed in the student section as I am now.

Go Buffs!

First, let me start by saying that I find it depressing to see the student section so empty at the start of the game. I can't imagine what it must feel like for the players, revved up from their pre-game talk, to head out of the tunnel and onto the field behind Ralphie - only to look straight ahead towards the bowl and see empty seats.

Go Buffs!

It probably feels just like it did every game they played in high school, except they are now playing for a Division I program so they will be more amped for the game whether the seats are full or not.

i forgot to mention after a night of heavy drinking... I was there (im a soph), but my friends showed up at the 2nd.

You still have time to get new friends. :smile2:

I just don't get the excuse of the night of heavy drinking. I never had issues with waking up and tying another one on before the game when I was a student. Hell, I hate to admit it but I still don't many, many years later. I actually love drinking beer at 7am especially if it involves tailgating or golf. :thumbsup:

Texas A&M sucks donkey this year, there's lots to do in Texas.

You are only half right.

I see things this way. There are twenty plus million Texans and the majority are within a 4 hour drive of UT or A&M. And there is hardly any public lands to enjoy anywhere near the big cities. And any excuse to get the hell out of Houston or Dallas is a good one.

If you were to cram 10 million people within a 4 hour radius of Boulder, and if you were to sell off 99% of Colorado's forrests and natinal parks to private land owners, you'd definately see better attendence at CU games.

Both Baylor and SMU proves that even in Texas, attendence is tied to performance on the field. Those programs don't come close to selling out. But then again, neither delivers winning seasons on a regular basis.

You'll get no quarrel from me about A&M, though.

Back