What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2009 RMS to be played in Boulder

I imagine CSU is will eventually ok the Folsom/Invesco rotation maybe get a bit more money as a consolation prize. Maybe I'll be only internet CU fan sad to see the game go if it doesn't get renewed. I've always got a decent return for my hate investment, maybe I'm not jaded enough for filled with enough Nebraskan hubris. vOv

Oh no... not playing the Rams could lead to some people wondering which Colorado school is better... :rofl:

I say good riddance to the series - somebody tell Bohn to add Iowa to the schedule; I'd love to see the Buffs roll over the Hawkeyes!!! :asskicking:

i saw that crap too...called our bluff...there's no bluff, it's just simple facts that we get a REAL home game and make the same if not more money....and i'd love to see them pay us money to "call our bluff" and come up to FOCO and kick some ass in front of a bipartisan Hughes :thumbsup:

just as importantly, this gives the Boulder businesses 6 chances to make lots of income from 6 home games. I don't mind the CU-CSU game as long as we still get to have the 6 home games. If NU can have 8 home games, then CU needs to figure out how to have 6 in years we play CSU at Invesco as the home team and 7 home games in years we play it as an away game.

i am so glad that someone promised a trainwreck if one were to peek over there. TRAINWRECK delivered! :rock:

i loved the poster who said that our run at a national championship in 2010 is now ruined bc the rams will derail us in hughes.

i am going to guess he does not see the irony of admitting that we will be worthy of competing for a nc that year. nor does he see the absurdity of thinking the rams will be enough of a team to stop a nc-bound team. i had a great laugh.

Yes, because any NC bound team never has to play a road game. Or at least one against a non-BCS team.:lol:

I can just hear Clough now "The CU administration has proven it's just as classless at its fan base" or some such nonsense.

Oh yeah, speaking of Clough, Coach Mac did tlak briefly about his statement of the 'if it was CU and CSU fans playing every year, then CSU would win 45-0 every year' Mac said that that statement offended him, and basically said that we have great fans, and then went into other things about that, but I cannot remember the details. He did say that 'I really don't listen to him', which I took to mean that someone told him about it. Since I pretty much only listen to them when I am jonsing for a football fix before the season, I can say that my football knowledge (at least in regards to CU) is way better than any of the idiots on the fan, save Alfred Williams.

Want to bet that CSU ends up only selling tickets to the CU game in 2010 as some sort of package.....

1) you want a CU ticket you must buy Nevada and SDSU tickets too...

or

2) they will force people to buy season tickets

wouldn't surprise me one bit-

Screw 'em. i say if we are offered that, then we don't send anyone, beat them anyway, make them pay the 650. Talk about shooting themselves in the foot!!

And before you say it--**** you!! I don't like using multiquote!!! (actualy, more like I am too fired up to wait until I have read the whole tread to respond!:smile2:

So now CSU is free to join the cup cake circuit and share membership with such illustrious programs as Troy State, North Texas and Chattanooga. Maybe they can work their way through the Big 12 one payday at a time.

then i have some unfortunate news for you. there are no teams in the country that are playing in a bcs game at this moment.

i guess you need that uber narrow definition to try to "glory up" the history of the rams.

Thats the game we are gonna play? Care to wager that your almighty Buffs make a BCS game this year?

Once again you are diverting from the topic. I will take that as a "no"

indeed i am not. you are the one who wants to insinuate that the buffs will never again play in a bcs game; that the past is dead for the buffs. are you only about smart assed comments or do you want to reach deep into pockets and lay green on that insinuation?

i am giving your pathetic team TEN years to hit a bcs bowl. i say we will be in the bcs sandbox within less than a third of that time.

the choice is yours. either leash/lips called it right and you can only smack off these days, or you can show that you can talk football reasonably.

indeed i am not. you are the one who wants to insinuate that the buffs will never again play in a bcs game; that the past is dead for the buffs. are you only about smart assed comments or do you want to reach deep into pockets and lay green on that insinuation?

i am giving your pathetic team TEN years to hit a bcs bowl. i say we will be in the bcs sandbox within less than a third of that time.

the choice is yours. either leash/lips called it right and you can only smack off these days, or you can show that you can talk football reasonably.

LMFAO, I never said any of that. I said neither of these are good enough for the "big time". That means RIGHT NOW, not 10 years ago, not 3 years from now. Right now, this season. This is no smack, just facts.

Thats the game we are gonna play? Care to wager that your almighty Buffs make a BCS game this year?

The odds of CU making a BCS game is lower than OU, Mizzou and a couple other B12 rivals, so I don't take that bet. But thanks to the revenue sharing arrangements, there is a 100% chance CU will earn some coin from atleast one BCS game.

LMFAO, I never said any of that. I said neither of these are good enough for the "big time". That means RIGHT NOW, not 10 years ago, not 3 years from now. Right now, this season. This is no smack, just facts.

indeed you did insinuate that, when you scoffed at the suggestion made by another of playing in the big sandbox. i pointed out that at least we have been there, and your quip back suggested that our big sandbox days were over (history).

now it seems you are willing to concede that we are indeed NOT over with bcs games when green is on the line. i will chalk up your response to a smart assed comment.

it is absolutely clear that your margin for making smart assed comments requires an insanely narrow timeline. woelk said that csu cut off their nose to spite their face yesterday. looks like you just went and did the same in attempting to make a lameassed point.

indeed you did insinuate that, when you scoffed at the suggestion made by another of playing in the big sandbox. i pointed out that at least we have been there, and your quip back suggested that our big sandbox days were over (history).

now it seems you are willing to concede that we are indeed NOT over with bcs games when green is on the line. i will chalk up your response to a smart assed comment.

it is absolutely clear that your margin for making smart assed comments requires an insanely narrow timeline. woelk said that csu cut off their nose to spite their face yesterday. looks like you just went and did the same in attempting to make a lameassed point.

Yes, you have been there before a time or two. Congrats on that, but it has nothing to do with my point or this conversation.

Don't forget the one x-factor revenue source, TV. Oh yeah, they are locked into TV rights with The Mountain Network, and will basically leave hundreds of thousands more dollars on the table because they won't be able to broadcast nationally on a real network. Woelk's article today completely exposes the absolute idiocy of their decision. :rofl:

lol, I will reword it for you, just cuz I like you. For the 2008 season, both CU and CSU and nothing more than a blip on the national radar.

And to reiterate my point, I give you...

http://www.allbuffs.com/forums/showpost.php?p=331593&postcount=8

lets be clear. your point was you did not want to talk about the past, nor did you wish to talk about the forseeable future. you only wanted to spew piss and vinegar. plain and simple.

your "point" is childish and petulant. no one on here was saying that we would go to the mnc game this year. YOU chose to point that out, and act as if you need a big pat on the back for figuring it out.

but when you are breaking off your arm giving yourself that pat, do not lose sight of the fact that cu is making clear gains to return to the big sandbox.

in summation, **** off.

lets be clear. your point was you did not want to talk about the past, nor did you wish to talk about the forseeable future. you only wanted to spew piss and vinegar. plain and simple.

your "point" is childish and petulant. no one on here was saying that we would go to the mnc game this year. YOU chose to point that out, and act as if you need a big pat on the back for figuring it out.

but when you are breaking off your arm giving yourself that pat, do not lose sight of the fact that cu is making clear gains to return to the big sandbox.

in summation, **** off.

You dont care about the current season? You dont want to talk about the state of this years teams? Ok then, see ya in a few years. :wave:

You dont care about the current season? You dont want to talk about the state of this years teams? Ok then, see ya in a few years. :wave:

make no mistake. i said no such thing and you would win a bright shiny star to stick on your chest if you can show where i said exactly that.

leash is right. lately you have NO want to really discuss football, only make a bunch of smartassed remarks.

there is plenty of RIGHT NOW to talk - for one the extent to which the rams are going to be beat down tomorrow night. lets talk that.

I've said this before, but what the f*** is a CSWho/Fusker fan doing on this site??? And over 6000 posts??? You need to get yourself a life, Lewis.

make no mistake. i said no such thing and you would win a bright shiny star to stick on your chest if you can show where i said exactly that.

leash is right. lately you have NO want to really discuss football, only make a bunch of smartassed remarks.

there is plenty of RIGHT NOW to talk - for one the extent to which the rams are going to be beat down tomorrow night. lets talk that.

LOL, but that doesnt stop you from implying that I said a bunch of **** that I never did. Your logic is one of a kind LB.

Ok lets play your game, even if they complete a beat down of CSU, your beloved Buffs will still have very little impact on the national scene. Big sandbox again someday perhaps, but 2008 is not your year.

I like WV personally.

LOL, but that doesnt stop you from implying that I said a bunch of **** that I never did. Your logic is one of a kind LB.

Ok lets play your game, even if they complete a beat down of CSU, your beloved Buffs will still have very little impact on the national scene. Big sandbox again someday perhaps, but 2008 is not your year.

I like WV personally.

personally, i think that it is within the realm of possibility for colorado to see itself competing for the b12 north this year. we play the season one game at a time just like everyone else.

being at the top of the b12 north that is an honor the skers won't sniff, and it is closer to a bcs game than the rams will position themselves for.

no wonder you are so ****ing bitter and just full of bile.

while i am writing off the mnc game, i absolutely am not surrendering the idea that we can see tempe this year.

personally, i think that it is within the realm of possibility for colorado to see itself competing for the b12 north this year. we play the season one game at a time just like everyone else.

being at the top of the b12 north that is an honor the skers won't sniff, and it is closer to a bcs game than the rams will probably ever sniff.

no wonder you are so ****ing bitter and just full of bile.

So thats your goal, your measuring stick, compete for the B12 North title? Thats still no more than a fkn blip on the national scene. Pretty weak honestly.

You still dont get my very simple point. But thats ok, you just made it for me.

So thats your goal, your measuring stick, compete for the B12 North title? Thats still no more than a fkn blip on the national scene. Pretty weak honestly.

You still dont get my very simple point. But thats ok, you just made it for me.

coming from where we were, **** yeah that is the measuring stick this year! no need to be a smartass about it. YOU are the one who had a box of wheaties up his ass and petulantly demanded the convo be restricted to this year only.

i would not find tempe weak at all if we can represent the north and can come up with a hell of a gameplan and a lot of grit for the bxiicg.

in fact, you would be hard pressed to find many people to agree that a bcs berth is "weak".

Back