What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2011 Bowl announcements

the little 12 definitely ****ed you guys over, no doubt about it.

Yep, word is one of the committee members is a KU alum and a good friend with Beebe. Beebe didn't want to see two Big 10 teams in one of his bowl games. So you get the "awesome" match-up in the Holiday Bowl. Washington fans are pissed about having to play NU, but happy to be in a bowl game. I think it'll be alot closer than they think.

Yep, word is one of the committee members is a KU alum and a good friend with Beebe. Beebe didn't want to see two Big 10 teams in one of his bowl games. So you get the "awesome" match-up in the Holiday Bowl. Washington fans are pissed about having to play NU, but happy to be in a bowl game. I think it'll be alot closer than they think.

Who cares?

NU will have Tmart at full health and will kill them again. Pelini teams come to win. Most pac10 teams treat bowls as a party. NU by 24.

Espn loves the uconn story but none of them have the balls to say an 8-4 team shouldn't be in a BCS game.

The NCAA needs to be gutted and start over. Get the crusty blue-hairs out and start fresh. Playoff, every other sport in college has this or a tourney, use your effing brains and make it happen.

This is one thing you and I can always agree on. Great post.

Lets just hope Big Game Bob shows up and beats uconn he doesnt have a great track record.

I wonder why the douchebags are still so desparate for attention from Buff fans?

They're going to some crap bowl, who cares?

Could be worse, they could have been stuck with UConn. I think the TCU v Wisconsin game will be very interesting.

I find it pretty funny that the non-Rose BCS bowls were so pissed off about getting "stuck" with the non-AQ school that they created the rule requiring the Rose to take a non-AQ if it lost its champion. Now, Orange is stuck with a team from about as far away as possible and the Fiesta gets an 8-4 UConn. Not like TCU travels well, but TCU/Wisconsin is definitely the most compelling of the non-championship games. The rest of the BCS games are a big fat who gives a ****.

I find it pretty funny that the non-Rose BCS bowls were so pissed off about getting "stuck" with the non-AQ school that they created the rule requiring the Rose to take a non-AQ if it lost its champion. Now, Orange is stuck with a team from about as far away as possible and the Fiesta gets an 8-4 UConn. Not like TCU travels well, but TCU/Wisconsin is definitely the most compelling of the non-championship games. The rest of the BCS games are a big fat who gives a ****.

Ohio State - Arky in the Sugar Bowl could be interesting...

You guys should read Death to the BCS - really great read. They advocate a 16 team playoff - 11 conference champions plus 5 at large bids so you will get the best 1 and 2 loss teams. First three rounds are at the home stadium of higher seed and the championship is in the rose bowl. In their research talking with TV execs, NCAA and conference officials they estimate there is at least another 440 million dollars being left on the table that a playoff would bring in - each school could get approx 25 million per playoff appearance. Right now a lot of money being wasted on ****ty bowls and bowl officials making 400-800k a year to organize one bowl game.

I think the Rose will always have more luster than the others... it just drips with college football pageantry, no matter who's playing. This is one of the main reasons why I am so excited about moving to the Pac 12.

I still have problems with this, and here's why. The MAC champ Miami of Ohio would make the field, but its likely that the 3rd Big Ten team Michigan State (at 11-1 and #8) would not.

The only fair way to do it would be to take the top 16 teams per the BCS rankings. Screw the WAC, Sun Belt, C-USA, etc.

You guys should read Death to the BCS - really great read. They advocate a 16 team playoff - 11 conference champions plus 5 at large bids so you will get the best 1 and 2 loss teams. First three rounds are at the home stadium of higher seed and the championship is in the rose bowl. In their research talking with TV execs, NCAA and conference officials they estimate there is at least another 440 million dollars being left on the table that a playoff would bring in - each school could get approx 25 million per playoff appearance. Right now a lot of money being wasted on ****ty bowls and bowl officials making 400-800k a year to organize one bowl game.

I still have problems with this, and here's why. The MAC champ Miami of Ohio would make the field, but its likely that the 3rd Big Ten team Michigan State (at 11-1 and #8) would not.

The only fair way to do it would be to take the top 8 or 10 teams per the BCS rankings. Screw the WAC, Sun Belt, C-USA, etc.

fify.

Back