What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2012 Colorado Basketball Game thread: Colorado @ UW

I think we recruited Stalzer and Talton because we desperately needed guard depth. Basically had Spencer and Askia, and not much else (Adams often injured was basically it off the bench). They were the best guards that Boyle could get I guess. My understanding was both Dotson and Wallace turned us down. Not slamming Stalzer or Talton, but we would obviously be a much different team had we landed Dotson or Wallace

Gotta love Scott drawing the charge. Atta boy freshmen.

I have 2 possibilities for plays that were a microcosm of the game:
1. The CU great D leading to a desperation missed 3 at the end of the shot clock, offensive rebound, back to back fouls, then off a missed 2nd free throw, offensive rebound missed 3, offensive rebound foul.
2. Scott getting an offensive rebound off a Ski missed shot, nobody between him and the basket, missed lay-up.

I'd like to see what it looks like if Shane and Scott were on the court at the same time. Against teams with a true center, that could allow Scott to get a matchup advantage against a forward instead of trying to body up a 7 footer who outweighs him by 40 lbs.

I like that idea, except if both of them are on the court, why would the opposing team match up their best C against Simba? I'm pretty sure I could defend SHT, and maybe even out rebound him

Ski has got to improve his efficiency.

Only 9 points on 14 shots. I give him big credit for grabbing 7 rebounds tonight and he really did hustle, but he's forcing things way too much.

Want to know the scary thing? Very, very good chance that the Wazzu game is uglier than tonight. We might win, but it's going to be hideous to watch.

Left early to beat the traffic. What a sad display. Again, our defensive effort is admirable and is the only thig that makes us competitive. But we have zero ability to screen for man to get into an open jumper. I thought Chen MIT be ready to break out but he was invisible tonight. Dre disappears for long stretches. I think we drastically underestimated how big the losses of Brown, Dufault and Tomlinson would be. Zero leadership and

This is going to be a looooong PAC 12 season.

I have nothing left to say about this game that I haven't said or was posted by someone else, but I'm going to keep jacking up posts. Kind of like Ski. And this team. It's one big metaphor for this night.

Here are the individual stat lines (ESPN):

Starters

Mayor: 15 pts (5/11), 2 rebs, 1 asts, 0 stls, 0 blks, 0 TOs
Dre: 10 pts (4/10), 11 rebs, 1 asts, 1 stls, 3 blks, 2 TOs
Ski: 9 pts (3/14), 7 rebs, 3 asts, 1 stls, 0 blks, 3 TOs
XJ: 8 pts (4/10), 4 rebs, 0 asts, 0 stls, 1 blks, 3 TOs
Jelly: 8 pts (4/10), 2 rebs, 0 asts, 0 stls, 0 blks, 2 TOs

Bench (0 unless listed)

Eli: 3 pts (1/1), 1 rebs
Talton: 1 TOs
Chen: 1 rebs, 1 asts
Adams: 0 pts (0/2), 1 rebs
Shane: 3 rebs, 1 blks

Some quick takes:

Mayor wasn't aggressive enough with his offense until it was too late
Dre quietly had a very good game
XJ and Jelly continue to learn and be productive despite tough matchups
Ski had another erratic night with some positives to go along with bad shooting
Bench was given a lot of minutes and produced next to nothing

From a team standpoint:

CU was outrebounded 32-37
CU outshot UDub 36.2% to 33.9%
CU was only 1/10 from 3pt range (UDub 6/20)
CU had 6 assists and 11 turnovers (UDub 9/9)
CU shot 78.6% on FTs (UDub 78.3%)
Refs called it even. 19 fouls on CU vs 15 on UDub despite CU intentionally fouling some at the end.

At the end of the day, UDub got more opportunities due to rebounds (15-10 advantage on O-Rebs) and turnovers (9-11 advantage). Beyond that, CU struggled against N'Diaye's interior defense and couldn't loosen UDub up by making jump shots.

Scott didn't get his first rebound (of only two) until there were under 7 minutes left in the game. I'm hardly expecting double doubles from Scott, but come on...

Not that this should make anyone feel better, but our 4 conference losses were to teams with a combined 14-2 record so far.

I'm still optimistic that we can get 10 wins.

Another thing I noticed: we were sitting right behind the CU bench. Almost every CU timeout, Ski just stands off to the side, not listening to anything Tad is saying. Kinda sulking when he's taken out. Besides our complete inability to hit a jumper lately, our compete lack of leadership is our biggest weakness. Not a single guy talking to his teammates, except a tiny bit from Mayor.

I'd like to see what it looks like if Shane and Scott were on the court at the same time. Against teams with a true center, that could allow Scott to get a matchup advantage against a forward instead of trying to body up a 7 footer who outweighs him by 40 lbs.

I suggested this two weeks ago and was told I was stupid. F**k 'em, I still think it wouldn't hurt to try it.

The leadership has to come from Dre. And he's not getting done like a leader on offense. His inside game has regressed, and he turned into a perimeter jump shooter. Wtf is up with that. He hasn't turned the corner offensively this year like we needed him to.

Back