What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2012 MBB Pac-12 Commitment Tracker

Been rumored for a while, but apparently going official today. Washington's finally on the board. JUCO SG Mark McLaughlin will sign there.

This is why recruiting is frustrating. Now it sounds like UCLA is in the lead for Bazz.

And the cycle continues ...

It looks like UCLA will load up for a big 2012, then fall back next year when Bazz and Anderson are one and done. Pac-12 recruiting seems to be all or nothing. Either draw those big-time athletes to the coast or strike out. You just don't see the solid, fundamentally sound, foundational recruits you see in other conferences. Not that UCLA or Arizona can turn these guys down, but it's a really interesting dynamic.

And the cycle continues ...

It looks like UCLA will load up for a big 2012, then fall back next year when Bazz and Anderson are one and done. Pac-12 recruiting seems to be all or nothing. Either draw those big-time athletes to the coast or strike out. You just don't see the solid, fundamentally sound, foundational recruits you see in other conferences. Not that UCLA or Arizona can turn these guys down, but it's a really interesting dynamic.

Let's hope they're in the Top 10 all season. I'd love that. Respect for the conference and a huge RPI boost from playing them for the entire conference. Elite programs raise the conference boat and lead to 5 or 6 tourney bids.

Let's hope they're in the Top 10 all season. I'd love that. Respect for the conference and a huge RPI boost from CU beating them. Elite programs raise the conference boat and lead to 5 or 6 tourney bids.
Fify

Let's hope they're in the Top 10 all season. I'd love that. Respect for the conference and a huge RPI boost from playing them for the entire conference. Elite programs raise the conference boat and lead to 5 or 6 tourney bids.

And even one big win over an elite program can really raise the Buff's national profile.

The Pac is almost cursed with too much talent...

They get so many guys that leave after 1 or 2 years that senior leadership is lacking across the board.

If you look at how many guys go to the NBA, then the Pac is Top 2 or so conference-wise in the past 10 years and also for the last 30.

Next year is going to be another mystery. There is not a single dominant team right now. Should be a fun season...

The Pac is almost cursed with too much talent...

They get so many guys that leave after 1 or 2 years that senior leadership is lacking across the board.

If you look at how many guys go to the NBA, then the Pac is Top 2 or so conference-wise in the past 10 years and also for the last 30.

Next year is going to be another mystery. There is not a single dominant team right now. Should be a fun season...
Gotta balance stars with leadership... Like Boyle does :smile2:

Good news for the conference. If UCLA and Arizona can have top ten seasons, raises the profile of the entire conference

I hope they're both really good next year. The conference needs it. I'm not afraid of anyone.

Finally updated all of the schools committment lists. Two things that jumped out to me:

* Stanford's recruiting class isn't getting the attention it deserves. I really like all three of those guys and would have loved it had they ended up in Colorado. I'm not a huge fan of Dawkins, but he had a nice haul this year.

* Utah is just beyond ****ed. I like Loveridge, but between all of the transfers and now news that they withdrew their scholarship from a kid who had already signed his letter of intent, Krystowiak may not be there next off-season.

* Utah is just beyond ****ed. I like Loveridge, but between all of the transfers and now news that they withdrew their scholarship from a kid who had already signed his letter of intent, Krystowiak may not be there next off-season.

Cali High Sports just destroyed Krystowiak on twitter yesterday.

Haven't tweeted (or wrote anything cali high) in a while but this josh Herlihy situation (which happens often) prompting me to tweet

First off, Hearlihy is a good kid who doesn't deserve this bull****. Secondly, while he was injured most of the year, when he did play...

... he was a clearly improved player from a season ago and a legit PAC 12 player. Quicker release, hustler, 6'7 SF who can play outside

#utahbasketball will never compete in the pac 12 for a myriad of reasons and one is a slimy coach who has trouble recognizing talent

Undoubtedly they got a good prospect in Jordan loveridge but they lucked out with him and this Hearlihy debacle will cost them in the future

Media make a huge fuss when a KID decommits but when coach screws over player (again, happens often) it's "oh that kid couldn't compete"

Just another example of NCAA bull****. NCAA is a corrupt instutituion that takes advantage of labor force that is too big to unionize

Ppl look at calipari as filth when he is just honest about his intention. Make money, win games, not worried about kids getting degree

Is that what NCAA should be about? No, but 95% of coaches are like him he's just straight up about it

Keep in mind Hearlihy SIGNED LOI, which functions as contract. Had he started to get bigger offers and asked to be released from LOI...

#Utahbasketball would never release him from it. Now there trying to back out and leave him with almost no options this late in game

Honestly, I had to laugh when reading the comments in the Deseret News about how Krystowiak should be praised for this move because he's doing the best thing for the kid in this situation. It was a horse**** play by Krystowiak, one that many coaches do, and he deserves to be called out for it. I do know that it will be used against him in pretty much every future recruiting battle.

That's pretty bad. Many coaches pull this kind of thing. But many are also better than that... even honoring commitments by players to a previous coach when the player wouldn't otherwise be offered.

Looks like UCLA's class could be getting even stronger. Mr. Georgia basketball Tony Parker is rumored to be heading to UCLA, he is announcing on Monday(4-23).

The 6-foot-9, 280-pound Parker is ranked as the nation’s No. 26 overall prospect by ESPNU. He led Miller Grove to four straight state championships.

On Saturday, the website BruinsBall.com, which covers UCLA basketball and recruiting, created a Twitter frenzy by writing “Some of our sources very close to the situation have notified BruinsBall.com that as of now, Tony Parker is planning to commit to UCLA.”

I hope they get him.

Right now, what Buff fans need to hope for is that Arizona and UCLA can quickly get back to being national elites ranked in the Top 10. That drives national reputation of the conference and RPI.

As much as I wish it were otherwise, CU is several years away from being able to carry that on its shoulders. Where we need to be in the near term is to become the clear #3 program in the conference and a legit threat to win the conference tourney as an underdog to those 2 programs.

Once we're able to establish that, then we can start worrying about whether we can surpass those programs. 2011-12 was a surprise season while they were down and we over-performed. We need to build on that and avoid being under the delusion that we're in the top spot in the Pac-12 (even though we'll be hanging the banner).

I hope they get him.

Right now, what Buff fans need to hope for is that Arizona and UCLA can quickly get back to being national elites ranked in the Top 10. That drives national reputation of the conference and RPI.

As much as I wish it were otherwise, CU is several years away from being able to carry that on its shoulders. Where we need to be in the near term is to become the clear #3 program in the conference and a legit threat to win the conference tourney as an underdog to those 2 programs.

Once we're able to establish that, then we can start worrying about whether we can surpass those programs. 2011-12 was a surprise season while they were down and we over-performed. We need to build on that and avoid being under the delusion that we're in the top spot in the Pac-12 (even though we'll be hanging the banner).

Great post. There is no shame in being behind UCLA and Arizona in the PAC. At this point, I will be disappointed with anything below this. With the program we are building, I want to be in contention for regular season champ near the end of the season every year, or 4/5 at least. Hopefully win 1/4 and same expectations for the Conference Tourney. There is no reason our expectations should be lower or higher with the caliber of players we are bringing in and developing and our coaching staff.

I hope they get him.

This. Right now, the focus should be on staying ahead of teams like Washington, Stanford, Oregon and Cal. A 3rd place conference finish should earn a tourney bid most years and like you mentioned, there's always the possibility of taking the conference tourney. Let's build a team that can consistently be in (or receiving votes for) the top-25 before we start proclaiming Pac-12 dominance.

Back