What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2012 MBB Recruit Profile Index

From our very own YungCoach:

Tanner Sampson of Denver (CO) Regis Jesuit seeing Pepperdine this weekend and then to decide between Pepperdine, Denver, Elon and Montana.

I think this is the third time I've thought about starting a Sampson thread, but there's just not a lot of info out there on him, and he's not a CU target, so I'm just going to post it here and wish him the best of luck.

I'm starting to think Coach T is a recruiting ****-tease. If he's going to throw his tantalizing recruiting tweets out there, I want immediate results :)

Hoopniks from the Rocky Mountain Fall Showcase:

Four early commits playing in senior game. Josh Scott/Wesley Gordon to Colorado, Austin Haldorson to Wyoming and Nate Engesser to Denver.

I think this is the third time I've thought about starting a Sampson thread, but there's just not a lot of info out there on him, and he's not a CU target, so I'm just going to post it here and wish him the best of luck.

According to both Josh Gershon and Yung, Tanner has committed to Elon.

According to both Josh Gershon and Yung, Tanner has committed to Elon.

I've been to Elon, it's a nice school but I dont know how anyone could pass on Pepperdine. Location + great academics.

mc4.jpg

As I said on Twitter, Sampson could have easily been a upper mid major recruit. I like him more than Calvert.

Everyone's profile has been updated. No dramatic changes, but a few minor shifts. Anyone worried about Boyle & Co.'s ability to judge talent just needs to look at all of the 4 & 5* players we were in on early.

According to ESPN's top uncommitted player review, we're listed as a possibility for Charles Mitchell, a center from Georgia.

Recruiting update: Mitchell hasn't taken any officials as of yet, but he has checked out Georgia, Seton Hall and Tennessee unofficially. His recruitment is wide open.

4* (#12 C, #76 overall) on Rivals, 3* on Scout (#27 C) & ESPN (#23 C). However, we're not listed on any of his pages, so I don't know if it was a mistake by ESPN to list us or not. Honestly, I'd be pumped. He's undersized, but he's TOUGH. Very competitive. Struggles with conditioning though apparently. Not going to create a profile page until I get some sort of confirmation on CU going after him.

Recruit Scoop:

Utah saw 2012 PF Kahlil Johnson of Price (CA) yesterday. Colorado, Arizona State, Duquesne, Montana State & San Jose State are on him.

No listed offer, and I'm lazy, so no profile yet.

According to ESPN's top uncommitted player review, we're listed as a possibility for Charles Mitchell, a center from Georgia.

4* (#12 C, #76 overall) on Rivals, 3* on Scout (#27 C) & ESPN (#23 C). However, we're not listed on any of his pages, so I don't know if it was a mistake by ESPN to list us or not. Honestly, I'd be pumped. He's undersized, but he's TOUGH. Very competitive. Struggles with conditioning though apparently. Not going to create a profile page until I get some sort of confirmation on CU going after him.

And he committed to Maryland today.

Scouts Focus:

2012 SG Torian Graham remains open but is hearing the most from NC State, L'ville , Memphis, Colorado, Nebraska, Oregon, Xavier & Baylor

Graham is a 4* SG. He's a top 100 player on all of the sites, with Rivals having him as the #51 recruit in the nation. He's committed to NC State twice only to decommit both times, so they're still the favorite for him. Can't find a confirmed offer from us on the sites, so no profile. Yet.

Scouts Focus:

O
Graham is a 4* SG. He's a top 100 player on all of the sites, with Rivals having him as the #51 recruit in the nation. He's committed to NC State twice only to decommit both times, so they're still the favorite for him. Can't find a confirmed offer from us on the sites, so no profile. Yet.

Stop teasing us Goose! This is the kind of talent that could make us a top-25 team next year!

Scouts Focus:

Coach A working his old NCSU recruiting connections?

Coach A working his old NCSU recruiting connections?

That was my first thought.

Reading his ESPN report is impressive. Sounds like he's an elite athlete who's becoming an elite scorer as well. The biggest knocks are that he has a hitch that occasionally shows up in his shot, he has a tendency to play a little too fast at times and his maturity level (which is evident by his committing and de-committing twice now). So you would wonder why NC State would be continuing to go after a guy who has spurned them twice. Well...

This is a high-major player who has the capability to be a primary scorer for a Top 25 team. One of the best talents in his class at his position.

Once again, I have yet to see anything other than the Scout Focus tweet mentioning us in regard to him, so I would put the chances at less than 1%, but we're being mentioned. Which is something.

Final Scout rankings for 2012 are out. Players of interest:

2.) Shabazz Muhammad (UCLA), SF NV
4.) Kyle Anderson (UCLA), SF NJ
6.) Kaleb Tarczewski (Arizona), C MA
9.) Grant Jerrett (Arizona), C CA
10.) Brandon Ashley (Arizona), PF NV
29.) Glenn Robinson III (Michigan), SF IN
31.) Danuel House (Houston), SF TX
34.) Ricardo Gathers (Baylor), PF LA
40.) Katin Reinhardt (UNLV), SG CA
46.) Josh Scott (Colorado), C CO
55.) Dominic Artis (Oregon), PG CA