What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2012 Pac-12 Commitment Tracker

Stanford got a huge commitment today from 4* (#30 overall by Rivals) LB Noor Davis out of Florida. That gives them two of the top 30 players in country, having already secured a commitment from Aziz ****tu. They are not going away anytime soon.

Has Stanford landed all these highly rated players from all over the country the past couple of years by selling academics? And if so why haven't schools like Duke and Vanderbilt been able to replicate their success?

Has Stanford landed all these highly rated players from all over the country the past couple of years by selling academics? And if so why haven't schools like Duke and Vanderbilt been able to replicate their success?

That's a big part of it. Stanford was able to pair that with a very charismatic HC in Harbaugh. Now they pair it with a top 5 finish and BCS bowl appearance.

Duke's football facilities are so bad they'll have trouble getting there. Vanderbilt doesn't even have an AD (or athletics department) and their commitment to athletics simply isn't there. But Northwestern has certainly been effective using this model, even if they aren't drawing blue chips. They're getting enough good players to consistently go bowling.

Utah picked up a commitment from in-state safety Austin Lee today. Pretty solid pickup for the Utes, I think Lee would have picked up some other Pac-12 offers on the camp circuit.

Utah picked up a commitment from in-state safety Austin Lee today. Pretty solid pickup for the Utes, I think Lee would have picked up some other Pac-12 offers on the camp circuit.

Gonna be a while before we see him. Doing a 2 year mission.

Do you think we should count him in this class? I'm not up on the mission thing. Will he sign a LOI? Is it still binding on him if he goes on the mission before beginning classes?

Gonna be a while before we see him. Doing a 2 year mission.

Do you think we should count him in this class? I'm not up on the mission thing. Will he sign a LOI? Is it still binding on him if he goes on the mission before beginning classes?

Here is how I understand it: he will sign a LOI for this class, but that does not bind him when his mission is over. I think it similar to a "sign and place" guy. You sign the guy to a LOI knowing full well he will not enroll at the school right away, but in signing him, you are hoping it gives you the leg up 1-2 years down the road. Someone can correct here if I am wrong.

I give you a comical quote from UCLA's rivals site:

The Bruins already have two commitments for the class of 2012, both from Hawai'i in fullback prospect Steven Lakalaka and athlete prospect Psalm Wooching. UCLA is in the hunt for at least two more Hawaiian players, both from Honolulu Punahou in defensive end bookends Luke Kaumatule and DeForest Buckner.

New defensive line coach Inoke Breckterfield is UCLA's recruiter for Hawai'i and he is obviously doing a great job as the Bruins at this time are the dominant school in the islands.

:lol:

:lol:

I need to talk to Adam about upping his spin level. That's too good.

Arizona State picked up their 8th commitment today and all eight are from southern California. While some are soft verbals and some were lightly recruited, that is still a pretty impressive start for the Sun Devils.

Their WR coach Steve Broussard is using his LA and Inland Empire connections to continue the success that Matt Lubick had started there for ASU.

Arizona State picked up their 8th commitment today and all eight are from southern California. While some are soft verbals and some were lightly recruited, that is still a pretty impressive start for the Sun Devils.

Their WR coach Steve Broussard is using his LA and Inland Empire connections to continue the success that Matt Lubick had started there for ASU.

ASU's getting a lot of hype for this year and it's helping them. They might fulfill expectations, but that program is also a house of cards right now. Team chemistry is an issue and they're at the top of the list as far as programs that could implode from academic and disciplinary issues. Erickson's trying to re-create what worked so well at Miami. It worked about as well there as I've ever seen a college program perform... until the program got completely out of control and came apart.

Austin Apodaca from Silver Creek HS in Longmont, CO, just committed to Washington State. That makes 5 Pac-12 commitments from in-state and means that Colorado is the most represented state for Pac-12 commitments behind California so far this cycle. We've also had in-state commitments to non-conference BCS programs (Auburn and Duke), so I think that the Pac-10 fans who complained that adding CU would dilute the recruiting pool can eat a bag of dicks.

The same day McNamera committed Arizona got a committment from Nate Sudfeld a QB from CA, their second '12 QB committ. He had no other offers and Scout doesent even have a profile page for him but ESPN rates him as a 4* star player and the #10 QB in the country. Kind of strange.

The same day McNamera committed Arizona got a committment from Nate Sudfeld a QB from CA, their second '12 QB committ. He had no other offers and Scout doesent even have a profile page for him but ESPN rates him as a 4* star player and the #10 QB in the country. Kind of strange.
That's cause ESPN as a recruiting service blows.

Utah picked up their 6th commitment from in-state athlete Chase Hansen. He is a 4*/top 250 player on rivals and a solid 3* on the other sites. Another kid who will going on his mission right away after high school. They are putting together a solid class.

I updated the commitment lists for all the schools. Will get to the home state commitment numbers this weekend.

Arizona State is up to 11 commitments, including three JUCO players. This is either going to end really good for them or coming down in spectacular fashion.

Utah also continues to do well in-state going up against BYU.

Oregon is doing well, but I honestly thought they would be doing better at this juncture coming off the BCS title game appearance.

I updated the commitment lists for all the schools. Will get to the home state commitment numbers this weekend.

Arizona State is up to 11 commitments, including three JUCO players. This is either going to end really good for them or coming down in spectacular fashion.

Utah also continues to do well in-state going up against BYU.

Oregon is doing well, but I honestly thought they would be doing better at this juncture coming off the BCS title game appearance.

Just got it up to date.

Arizona State flipped QB TJ Millweard from Virginia Tech. Up to 12 commits now.

Oregon State landed elite OL Isaac Seumalo today. It was not a surprise (his dad is on the coaching staff), but nevertheless a big pickup for the Beavers.

Arizona State is on a roll. They picked up Evan Goodman, an OL out of Florida, today. He is arguably their best commit (4* on every site). The connection to ASU is they signed his brother last year.

Oregon State continues to plug along with a balanced class with solid prospects. Now have more commits than the Ducks.

Chase Eldredge was a nice pickup at guard for them today.

Utah got a nice commitment today out of Texas from CB Justin Thomas. He is a 4* on Rivals and 247 Sports, a solid 3* on Scout and ESPN.

Big commitment for Stanford today, as they landed DT Jordan Watkins out of Georgia. He is a 4* on every site and had offers from pretty much everyone, ultimately choosing Stanford over the home-state Bulldogs and Florida.

Big commitment for Stanford today, as they landed DT Jordan Watkins out of Georgia. He is a 4* on every site and had offers from pretty much everyone, ultimately choosing Stanford over the home-state Bulldogs and Florida.

Less room for Aziz ****tu in the Cardinal class. They got a player, but I'm also seeing opportunity.

What's the latest estimate on the number of recurits USC can realistically sign? It seems like every other guy we've been looking at in SoCal is waiting on a USC offer.

Back