What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2013 Georgia @ Colorado Basketball Game thread

Looks crowded but the atmosphere looks dead. No noise from the crowd.

have you ever been pleased with the crowd sitting on your couch watching the game?

It was a great crowd over break, even 1 year ago we don't get this crowd

Official attendance 10,848. Turned out much better than I expected with the students gone.

This was fun to watch on tv. Looked like our Buffs were in complete command of this one and didn't have to over-exert. The starting 5 looked ready for the conference season.

Team hasn't come close to its ceiling, though. If we ever get XJ & Wes to be "money in the bank" for a combined 20 a night and our bench to also consistently put up about 20, there are very few teams in the country that can beat CU on a neutral court.

Team hasn't come close to its ceiling, though. If we ever get XJ & Wes to be "money in the bank" for a combined 20 a night and our bench to also consistently put up about 20, there are very few teams in the country that can beat CU on a neutral court.

I'd be happy to let wes ride and not consider him "money in the bank" for 7 pts, 8 boards and 4 blocks a night - he is a freshman after all. I'd be much happier with a consistent 12-15 from XJ every outing with a big slam or 2 and a well timed trey. Wes will come on at the end of this year and next year. XJ is a sophomore now, It's time. He's only had a few bad games (CSU, OSU) but they've been hurtful to the team.

I cant worry about him though, because he knows its bad for the team and he comes out the next game (KU, UGA) breathing fire.

I'd be happy to let wes ride and not consider him "money in the bank" for 7 pts, 8 boards and 4 blocks a night - he is a freshman after all. I'd be much happier with a consistent 12-15 from XJ every outing with a big slam or 2 and a well timed trey. Wes will come on at the end of this year and next year. XJ is a sophomore now, It's time. He's only had a few bad games (CSU, OSU) but they've been hurtful to the team.

I cant worry about him though, because he knows its bad for the team and he comes out the next game (KU, UGA) breathing fire.

I said "combined", wyobuff. That's pretty much exactly what you said you'd be happy with. :smile:

Georgia is not very good. No fear of losing this one start to finish(I left 5m early... No worries). Buffs still don't know how to build on a good lead, so room to improve. Some empty season ticket seats but this isn't the half empty CEC of 10 years ago. Times have changed.

It's gonna get tough next week. PAC play begins!

Go Buffs!

Glad to see XJ come out like he did...we are a lot better when he is engaged and active

Booker is shooting the ball well and is really doing a good job as a vocal leader

Josh Scott is a stud....has to be involved heavily like he was tonight in the offense

CU vs Indiana on Pac12 network right now

At the Outlook watching and tjey just changed it to a replay of the Texas Bowl. I'm going to write them a strongly worded letter...damn Chauncey was good. Would the 13-14 Buffs beat this team?

have you ever been pleased with the crowd sitting on your couch watching the game?

It was a great crowd over break, even 1 year ago we don't get this crowd
I'd say the KU game.

Anyone expecting an electric crowd to UGA over Winter Break is delusional. Not every game can be KU.

Goose and JG told me to post more in the bball forum, so I'll put some thoughts here. First, Goose was in Kansas for this game so that ****er is a bad fan. Bad goose. JG had a near death experience in his neighborhood (my old hood) the other night, so I'm not going to give him ****. Keep them heli's off ya.

As far as the game (and looking forward):

I was shocked by the crowd. Since Kansas was our only good crowd up to now and with the students gone and everyone between two holidays, I figured it would be a poor showing. We were also coming off of a loss in a boring-to-watch game. Props to the fans for stepping up here even if they weren't loud enough for Daaah (just turn the volume up :slayer: )

Defense was bad. Gave up way too many easy layups, let GA players go 3/4 court for a layup without so much as making him change direction. Can't do that. Also, with how good we shot from the line and 3 (haven't checked final 3pt %, but I think it was good), we should be winning by more. Don't give up 70 points to a bad team at home. I'm sure Tad isn't happy about this either.

I expected a more even distribution of minutes, but Tad played the starters all at least 26 min, with Hop and Tre next at 18 and 13, respectively. My guess is Tad was playing it how he would like to play it come conference time. Obviously if a starter is in foul trouble, struggling, or a bench player gets hot, things will change, but I think we have a good idea of who is going to play and how much for the remainder of the season. No need to talk about the bench much as they basically did nothing. I will say that if we want to finish top 3 or 4 in the PAC, we need at least one of the Freshman to put up a good game for us. Preferably all, three, or two though. I hope we cut Talton's minutes even more. I hope all the Ski haters are back in their hole, but if you're reading, you should direct your hate to Talton who takes worse shots, can't defend, and can't score.

Hey starters, good ****ing job. All five in double digit points, Jelly hogged all the rebounds, Wes didn't miss any type of shot he took. XJ recovered from a bad performance against OSU. Ski shot well after starting the game rough with a couple turnovers and couple missed shots. Spencer did what The Mayor does and scored 17 on just 5 FGA.

At this point I think we have a lot of opportunity to have a special year, but still fear we aren't as good as our record and ranking indicate. Keep winning games and I'll shut up, but I am still going to be nervous as **** that we will be a 4 or 5 seed that loses to a 12 or 13. They may be top 10 teams, but we have lost both neutral court games. Good experience either way.

We are lucky to start the Conf schedule the way we do. At home against OSU, who we need to and should beat, as a nice warmup for a big Top 25 matchup against a very guard-loaded Duck team. I haven't watched them and don't know much about their team (I'm busy and don't pay enough attention), but I think they are not very good down low and get about 60 points per game out of their guards. So it will be key for Wes, Jelly, and XJ to dominate the paint and hope our guards can match up well enough to get us a win. I think we take them. After that if we win the two games at the Wash schools (who are both bad), we could be going into our home matchup against UCLA ranked in the 10-13 range. That would be insane. Can't wait. Keep rolling, Tad.

Yet Rugged has been resistant to my efforts to convince him to post in the Politics Forum more.

Yet Rugged has been resistant to my efforts to convince him to post in the Politics Forum more.

Join us at the Dark Horse before a basketball game and then go to the game and I'll post in any politics thread you tell me to.

Rugged - excellent post. Maybe one of the reasons I want you to post more is b/c I agree with you....

and to expand on Talton, I had really high hopes and he is just really struggling. When he entered the game on his first defensive possession he gave up a layup and then went down on offense and took a contested off balance mid-range jumper about 8 seconds into the shot clock without making a pass. I looked over at Tad, he just turned away put his head down and shook his head.

Talton is quick enough that he needs to stay in front of his man on D, close out on shooters and get the team in the offense and knock down some open shots on the other end. Right now he's not doing any of those things.

Goose and JG told me to post more in the bball forum, so I'll put some thoughts here. First, Goose was in Kansas for this game so that ****er is a bad fan. Bad goose. JG had a near death experience in his neighborhood (my old hood) the other night, so I'm not going to give him ****. Keep them heli's off ya.

I was shocked by the crowd. Since Kansas was our only good crowd up to now and with the students gone and everyone between two holidays, I figured it would be a poor showing. We were also coming off of a loss in a boring-to-watch game. Props to the fans for stepping up here even if they weren't loud enough for Daaah (just turn the volume up :slayer: )

Defense was bad. Gave up way too many easy layups, let GA players go 3/4 court for a layup without so much as making him change direction. Can't do that. Also, with how good we shot from the line and 3 (haven't checked final 3pt %, but I think it was good), we should be winning by more. Don't give up 70 points to a bad team at home. I'm sure Tad isn't happy about this either.

I expected a more even distribution of minutes, but Tad played the starters all at least 26 min, with Hop and Tre next at 18 and 13, respectively. My guess is Tad was playing it how he would like to play it come conference time. Obviously if a starter is in foul trouble, struggling, or a bench player gets hot, things will change, but I think we have a good idea of who is going to play and how much for the remainder of the season. No need to talk about the bench much as they basically did nothing. I will say that if we want to finish top 3 or 4 in the PAC, we need at least one of the Freshman to put up a good game for us. Preferably all, three, or two though. I hope we cut Talton's minutes even more. I hope all the Ski haters are back in their hole, but if you're reading, you should direct your hate to Talton who takes worse shots, can't defend, and can't score.

Hey starters, good ****ing job. All five in double digit points, Jelly hogged all the rebounds, Wes didn't miss any type of shot he took. XJ recovered from a bad performance against OSU. Ski shot well after starting the game rough with a couple turnovers and couple missed shots. Spencer did what The Mayor does and scored 17 on just 5 FGA.

At this point I think we have a lot of opportunity to have a special year, but still fear we aren't as good as our record and ranking indicate. Keep winning games and I'll shut up, but I am still going to be nervous as **** that we will be a 4 or 5 seed that loses to a 12 or 13. They may be top 10 teams, but we have lost both neutral court games. Good experience either way.

We are lucky to start the Conf schedule the way we do. At home against OSU, who we need to and should beat, as a nice warmup for a big Top 25 matchup against a very guard-loaded Duck team. I haven't watched them and don't know much about their team (I'm busy and don't pay enough attention), but I think they are not very good down low and get about 60 points per game out of their guards. So it will be key for Wes, Jelly, and XJ to dominate the paint and hope our guards can match up well enough to get us a win. I think we take them. After that if we win the two games at the Wash schools (who are both bad), we could be going into our home matchup against UCLA ranked in the 10-13 range. That would be insane. Can't wait. Keep rolling, Tad.
I'll worry about this possibility later on. Even though the tourney is how you are ultimately judged, it's far from fair that your season comes down to a neutral site tournament where anything can happen in a matter of weeks.

two things impressed me from last night's game:

1. 26/26 free throws. keep that up and the Buffs are going to win a lot of games.
2. the crowd. lots of factors working against good attendance (snow, CU winter break, coming off a loss, playing an un-ranked non-conf opponent, a ridiculous number of awesome live music events to compete with). Maybe 8PM on Saturday is a good time for college hoops (it does work for football).

Can't wait for OSU-West!

Join us at the Dark Horse before a basketball game and then go to the game and I'll post in any politics thread you tell me to.

Thx for the beer! :thumbsup: YMSSR

JG it was good meeting you last night!

Agree on Talton. Hopefully its just a slump. He has the best handle and shot of the bench players, and we need him to snap out of it.

26 for 26 from the line last night. 28 straight going back to the OSU game. Hopefully thats a trend. I know they probably won't shoot 100% again, but averaging 75% the rest of the season would be good, especially on the road.

Scott has 25 rebounds the last 2 games. :thumbsup:

If Hopkins can develop a jumper, or just a better shooting motion, look out. Dude is super athletic.

Does anyone remember the last time Georgia played here? We lost on a half court buzzer beater. That was the most brutal Buff BB loss I've been to.

Nice win. Bodes well for taking care of business against the middle to lower conference opponents coming up without any major wetting the bed.

That's all you got?

You're back!

Just dropping in. Got sick as a dog from some water or something down here. Recovering. Very pleased with the bounce back win and no one has a hard-on for 26-26 ft's like I do. Beat the Beavs and then it's on to an Oregon team
that is going to be a *major* litmus test of what the destiny of this Buff team starts to look like as we edge closer to March.

Back