What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2013 NCAA Tournament Preview: Illinois

RSSBot

News Junkie
One day of Madness in the bag, and my bracket is torn to all hell. *The devastation was all*encompassing. *I almost shed tears. *But there's no use crying over broken brackets; there's still five more days of Madness to go. *At this point, I'm ready to shred the poor sheet, and simply enjoy the action. *I'll probably be better off for it.

--

More than a week since their last game, the Buffs are finally set to run back out onto some hardwood. *It's a nearly unprecedented second-straight*year in the NCAA Tournament for the budding program, which in and of itself is an accomplishment. *I would imagine, however, that Coach Boyle and crew are not about to be satisfied with just hearing their names called.
Just getting to the Dance can't be enough.* Wins define your legacy.* From: the BDC
In all their wisdom, the Selection Committee set CU up with a nearly mirror-image opponent: Illinois. *Much like the Buffs, the Illini won their holiday tournament, and rode the wave to an early, over-zealous ranking. * That rise would plateau with with early set-backs in conference play, leading many to question whether they ever as good as they showed in November and December.* While they did manage to pull some upsets in February, they never got around to playing top-25 basketball again, and mostly proved to be inconsistent.* Sound familiar? *I bet it does.

There are some on-court differences, however. *The Illini are more experienced, come from what many say is the nation's best conference, and shoot a ton of threes. *CU revels in it's youth, while possessing a better interior game, and relish the opportunity to attack the defense inside the*perimeter.

How those narrative similarities and stylistic differences blend make this one of the most interesting matchups of the first round. *Pat yourself on the back, Selection*Committee.* While you may have screwed up seeding and matchups elsewhere, you got this one spot on.

Tip-off from the Frank Erwin Center in Austin, TX is scheduled for approximately 2:40 MT.* Coverage can be found on TNT, or on the web via March Madness Live.* For those stuck at work, Mark Johnson's radio call will be on AM 760, also available through iheart.com.

Click below for the preview...

Read more »
EiOA_IVa0Xc

One day of Madness in the bag, and my bracket is torn to all hell. *The devastation was all*encompassing. *I almost shed tears. *But there's no use crying over broken brackets; there's still five more days of Madness to go. *At this point, I'm ready to shred the poor sheet, and simply enjoy the action. *I'll probably be better off for it.

--

More than a week since their last game, the Buffs are finally set to run back out onto some hardwood. *It's a nearly unprecedented second-straight*year in the NCAA Tournament for the budding program, which in and of itself is an accomplishment. *I would imagine, however, that Coach Boyle and crew are not about to be satisfied with just hearing their names called.
Just getting to the Dance can't be enough.* Wins define your legacy.* From: the BDC
In all their wisdom, the Selection Committee set CU up with a nearly mirror-image opponent: Illinois. *Much like the Buffs, the Illini won their holiday tournament, and rode the wave to an early, over-zealous ranking. * That rise would plateau with with early set-backs in conference play, leading many to question whether they ever as good as they showed in November and December.* While they did manage to pull some upsets in February, they never got around to playing top-25 basketball again, and mostly proved to be inconsistent.* Sound familiar? *I bet it does.

There are some on-court differences, however. *The Illini are more experienced, come from what many say is the nation's best conference, and shoot a ton of threes. *CU revels in it's youth, while possessing a better interior game, and relish the opportunity to attack the defense inside the*perimeter.

How those narrative similarities and stylistic differences blend make this one of the most interesting matchups of the first round. *Pat yourself on the back, Selection*Committee.* While you may have screwed up seeding and matchups elsewhere, you got this one spot on.

Tip-off from the Frank Erwin Center in Austin, TX is scheduled for approximately 2:40 MT.* Coverage can be found on TNT, or on the web via March Madness Live.* For those stuck at work, Mark Johnson's radio call will be on AM 760, also available through iheart.com.

Click below for the preview...

Read more »
EiOA_IVa0Xc

Originally posted by The Rumblings of a Deranged Buffalo
Click here to view the article.

Back