What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2014-15 Colorado Basketball Roster & Schedule

Rage? No. I just won't go to the game. An 11:00 PM start time is absurd.

edit: are we sure that's not 11:00 PM Eastern time?

i just passed along the information she told me. She works in Orientation and theyre using it as a selling point for freshman to buy tickets, because of that I assume it would be 11 our time.

The article written last month had the Auburn game not as part of the Tip-Off Marathon or atleast that's how I implied it.

Pearl confirmed Tuesday night at the Atlanta Tiger Trek that the Tigers will play a road game against Colorado, a possible preseason top-25 pick, and may meet another potential high-profile opponent in ESPN's Tip-Off Marathon.

Of course, because of all the time Tad and Rick spend reading my blog... Love the idea, though

I just had the 11PM tip confirmed by a co-worker whose significant other works for the CU athletic dept.

so my sister works for CU and she found out that the CU-Auburn game will be part of ESPNs 24 hour tipoff marathon. Game will start at 11pm in Boulder

I just had the 11PM tip confirmed by a co-worker whose significant other works for the CU athletic dept.

There are some of you I'd let sleep in my guest room if you want to make it up to Boulder for this. It's a short list. If you aren't sure if you're on it, you're probably not.

There are some of you I'd let sleep in my guest room if you want to make it up to Boulder for this. It's a short list. If you aren't sure if you're on it, you're probably not.

Can I drop the baby off?

and pick him up a week or so later?

We know quite a bit - Auburn, Air Force, CSU, Georgia, 3 games in Hawaii - Pac 12 should release sometime in next month

Have we ever known so little about our schedule this time of year?

Look at last year's thread. There's speculation into July about our schedule.

Also, interesting note that the poster who I speculated was a UC-Santa Barbara fan thought we might be doing a home and home with them with the trip to UCSB this year. I could see that being a possibility.

Week of December 29-Jan 4 - vs USC & UCLA
Week of Jan 5-11 - at Utah
Week of Jan 12-18 - at Zona & ASU
Week of Jan 19-25 - vs Wash & WSU
Week of Jan 26-Feb 1 - at UCLA & USC
Week of Feb 2-8 - vs Utah
Week of Feb 9-15 - vs Cal & Furd
Week of Feb 16-22 - at Oregon & OSU
Week of Feb 23-March 1 - vs ASU & Zona
Week of March 2-9 - at Wash & WSU

We're going to know how legit we are after the first 3 weeks...

Sucks but we should take both from the Washington schools barring injury

Good, means we get to hand UCLA a early loss

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I guess you could say we have 3 of the final 5 at home which is pretty nice.

That UCLA game is going to be a huge measuring stick for us. We need to get that monkey off our backs.

Anything short of 12-6 would be a disappointment imo. The @ Utah, @ Zona, @ ASU is the most brutal stretch imo. Would be happy with 1 win in those 3 games.

Deleted Sled Allen from the roster. He never appeared on an actual roster last year and I think that may have been a carryover to when he announced he was walking on.

Also, Brian Howell tweeted me to say that the Georgia game date isn't announced yet and won't be on 11/8.

Week of December 29-Jan 4 - vs USC & UCLA
Week of Jan 5-11 - at Utah
Week of Jan 12-18 - at Zona & ASU
Week of Jan 19-25 - vs Wash & WSU
Week of Jan 26-Feb 1 - at UCLA & USC
Week of Feb 2-8 - vs Utah
Week of Feb 9-15 - vs Cal & Furd
Week of Feb 16-22 - at Oregon & OSU
Week of Feb 23-March 1 - vs ASU & Zona
Week of March 2-9 - at Wash & WSU

We're going to know how legit we are after the first 3 weeks...

Favorable schedule after January. Tad has his teams playing a lot better on the road the last month of the season, and there are some very winnable road games during that stretch.

Start out the conference at 3-2 or better and we're legit. Anything short of that and I'll be concerned.

Start out the conference at 3-2 or better and we're legit. Anything short of that and I'll be concerned.

No reason to be concerned if they fall short of that(barring major injury of course). This team will have more than enough talent and experience to make up for a slow start to the conference season. Under Boyle this program has found a way to win when they have to come late feb/early march. No reason to believe that will change.

No reason to be concerned if they fall short of that(barring major injury of course). This team will have more than enough talent and experience to make up for a slow start to the conference season. Under Boyle this program has found a way to win when they have to come late feb/early march. No reason to believe that will change.

By "concerned", I mean that I don't think they'll live up to the expectations we have for them. I think many of us expect this to be a team that finishes the year ranked in the top 25 and pulls a 4-6 seed in the NCAA tournament. A team like that finds a way to win three of those first five conference games. I'm not concerned about their ability to make the tournament (that sounds so strange for a CU team, even now), but I will be concerned about their ability to live up to my expectations going into the year. Perhaps my expectations are too high, but I have a lot of faith in Tad, and I expect big things from Thomas, Hopkins and Fletcher in year 2.

I'm concerned about a lot of the same things I was in the last third of last season.

Do we have a primary ball handler who can get the team into the offense?

Do we have someone who can put the team on his shoulders and create his own shot when we need it?

Do we have players who can shoot teams out of double-teaming Josh?

Those things have to come together this year or there's a clear blueprint for beating CU for any team with defensive chops.

I'm concerned about a lot of the same things I was in the last third of last season.

Do we have someone who can put the team on his shoulders and create his own shot when we need it?

Those things have to come together this year or there's a clear blueprint for beating CU for any team with defensive chops.

1. Probably - a combination of Talton, Hopkins and Collier should get the job done, depending on the situation. I'm confident that Tad can get them up to speed pretty quickly.
2. Ski - when he's on. When he's off, that person can be XJ, but the dude needs to get more consistent. He's a world beater one day, and invisible the next.
3. Ski - when he's on. yadda, yadda, yadda. Although if Jelly has the kind of improvement from year 2 to 3 as he did from year 1 to 2, it may not matter if teams double him. One year stronger, one year better. At least that's my hope. We were talking about him being the best "5" west of the Mississippi last year, and he'll probably get better this year. He's a special talent.

1. Probably - a combination of Talton, Hopkins and Collier should get the job done, depending on the situation. I'm confident that Tad can get them up to speed pretty quickly.
2. Ski - when he's on. When he's off, that person can be XJ, but the dude needs to get more consistent. He's a world beater one day, and invisible the next.
3. Ski - when he's on. yadda, yadda, yadda. Although if Jelly has the kind of improvement from year 2 to 3 as he did from year 1 to 2, it may not matter if teams double him. One year stronger, one year better. At least that's my hope. We were talking about him being the best "5" west of the Mississippi last year, and he'll probably get better this year. He's a special talent.

Agree with 1 and 3 but Jelly needs to be the guy at number 2. I really hope that he has worked on his post game this offseason. With his strength I would love to see him backing more guys down and our guards pumping the ball down to him in the post more. Last year after Spencer went down there was too much moving the ball around the perimeter and then settling for a contested three as the shot clock was running down.

Get the ball down to Scott and let him do his thing. Even if he misses, drawing the extra attention will allow Wes to clean up the misses.

1. No, it'll be by committee.
2. Yes, Ski. But it's more crucial if XJ, DT, Tre, & J-Hop grow their confidence/ability to also want that final shot
3. More like--will the offense gel enough that Scott immediately finds outlets and/or streakers when he's doubled?
We don't have a dead-eye shooter. That's fine. We have a bunch of guys who have shooting ability but they were brought here bc of their versatility.
The biggest question is if Tad can leverage that versatility and if the guys learn how to play better team offense. If that happens, there's no blueprint.

We lacked offensive firepower last year without Spencer.

Need guys like Fletch, Dustin and Dom to change that.

Back