What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2014-15 Colorado Basketball Roster & Schedule

CU non conf is finalized?? Looks that way at CUBuffs.com. Included are RPI's at the end of last season.

11/14 Drexel (132)
11/17 Auburn (11pm http://espnmediazone.com/us/press-r...es-seventh-annual-college-hoops-tip-marathon/) (169)
11/22 @Wyo (135)
11/25 AFA (251)
11/30 Lipscomb (209)
12/03 San Francisco (68)
12/07 @Georgia (74)
12/10 CSU (182)
12/13 UNCo (205) (Location TBA according to CUBuffs)
12/22-12-25 Diamond Head Classic

Last edited:
1. Better not lose a home game.
2. Really, better not lose @ Wyoming or @ Georgia either.
3. Essential to roll in the Diamond Head Classic to build RPI and meet the best teams for SOS.

This schedule doesn't leave margin for error on building the Dance resume.

1. Better not lose a home game.
2. Really, better not lose @ Wyoming or @ Georgia either.
3. Essential to roll in the Diamond Head Classic to build RPI and meet the best teams for SOS.

This schedule doesn't leave margin for error on building the Dance resume.

Tzisk mentioned on twitter that it appears we have room for one more game. It looks like only opening is before or after the tournament. BTW I do not feel like my season tickets are worth nearly what they were last year.

I would also argue we better not lose a game period until Hawaii.

Tzisk mentioned on twitter that it appears we have room for one more game. It looks like only opening is before or after the tournament. BTW I do not feel like my season tickets are worth nearly what they were last year.

I would also argue we better not lose a game period until Hawaii.

I agree. Harvard, Georgia, WYO and KU made for a nice home non-con. USF's pretty solid, Auburn's as good of a home date as Georgia, and we'll draw well for AFA, CSU and NoCo. Drexel's a good one that won't get people excited (like UCSB last year).

Really hope we get a game added. Even a DU would be fine, but I'd much rather see a Top 100 if they can make it happen.

Updated the schedule post. UNCo location TBA still. Hoping that is a misprint and not actually us trying to find a "Neutral Site" to play them. As it stands 6 guaranteed OOC games is not good enough for me as a season ticket holder.

no one wants to come to boulder anymore :sad1:

and yea, that CSU timeframe sucks.

We are not respected enough for the blue bloods to take the risk of coming to Boulder, but we are too dangerous to risk scheduling us at their arena or at a neutral site.

If that's it, CU really has very little room for error in the OOC. At least if they want to finish with a similar conference record as they have in the past couple seasons.

Not counting the Diamond Head Classic, @WYO looks like the toughest game. If they can split the 2 true road games, hold serve at home, and go 2-1 in the Diamond Head Classic, then that would be an allright OOC

Updated the schedule post. UNCo location TBA still. Hoping that is a misprint and not actually us trying to find a "Neutral Site" to play them. As it stands 6 guaranteed OOC games is not good enough for me as a season ticket holder.

I hope it is neutral. Home game win value is multiplied by 0.7 while a neutral game win is multiplied by 1.0. Any bump to SOS and RPI is welcome.

We are not respected enough for the blue bloods to take the risk of coming to Boulder, but we are too dangerous to risk scheduling us at their arena or at a neutral site.

We don't need to schedule a game against a Blue Blood. A game against St Louis, New Mexico, Gonzaga, Kansas State, Iowa State, Oklahoma, Missouri would boost the RPI. Hell, even a game against the Huskers would bring another quality opponent to the OOC resume.

We need to be careful with San Fran. Can't forget what happened a few years ago on the road and they're much improved from those days. Can't be one of our historical early December abysmal performances.

I hope it is neutral. Home game win value is multiplied by 0.7 while a neutral game win is multiplied by 1.0. Any bump to SOS and RPI is welcome.
If neutral, where would it likely be played?

The Pepsi center?
Does that place in Loveland host basketball games?

We don't need to schedule a game against a Blue Blood. A game against St Louis, New Mexico, Gonzaga, Kansas State, Iowa State, Oklahoma, Missouri would boost the RPI. Hell, even a game against the Huskers would bring another quality opponent to the OOC resume.

The hope is we play the Nubs, Wichita, and/or GW in Hawaii. 2 of 3 is essential. I've been saying we need to schedule more regional powers.

Drexel is a tough opponent to start. They're low reward/high risk. Won't do much for RPI but look what they did to start last yr: lost by 5 at UCLA, won @ Rutgers, lost to Zona by 4 & beat Alabama on neutral court.

Frankly, this whole OOC is high risk/low reward except for the Diamondhead

Last edited:
If neutral, where would it likely be played?

The Pepsi center?
Does that place in Loveland host basketball games?

Pepsi Center holds about 19k.
Coliseum in Denver holds a little over 9k.
Broomfield Events Center holds about 7.2k.
Budweiser Events Center (Loveland) holds about 5.3k for ice hockey, so probably about the same for hoops.

To your question, hokie, BEC has hosted Globetrotters games and the 1A HS playoffs. It's set up for hoops.

Official schedule press release indicates the UNCo game will in fact be played at Coors. The schedule tab however does not.

Pepsi Center holds about 19k.
Coliseum in Denver holds a little over 9k.
Broomfield Events Center holds about 7.2k.
Budweiser Events Center (Loveland) holds about 5.3k for ice hockey, so probably about the same for hoops.

To your question, hokie, BEC has hosted Globetrotters games and the 1A HS playoffs. It's set up for hoops.

Sounds like the BEC would be the most reasonable neutral site: has proximity to both schools and probably 'right sized' for this matchup.

Pepsi Center is probably the most "justifiable" for a neutral site game, by giving college kids a chance to play in an NBA arena. I suspect it would look empty though.
IMO, Broomfield Events Center (assume that's the 1st Bank) offers nothing over the CEC for this matchup. Further from both campuses, nothing special about that place (temper that comment -- I've only been for a concert; it does occur to me that for sports, the seats are probably really close to the action).
The Denver Coliseum has simply not hit my radar. Not seeing any win moving the game here.

According to Howell we're at the NCAA cap for games. they allow 27 plus a 3 or 4 game tourney. last year we had a 4 gamer (kind of). so, i guess this is our schedule. really woulda liked to see another top 100 game or two. i feel like playing kansas, baylor, ok state did wonders for our RPI last year even going 1-2. gotta run the table in Hawaii for sure now to play WSU, but damn, i really woulda even taken a road game against a blue blood that we probably wouldnt have won.

According to Howell we're at the NCAA cap for games. they allow 27 plus a 3 or 4 game tourney. last year we had a 4 gamer (kind of). so, i guess this is our schedule. really woulda liked to see another top 100 game or two. i feel like playing kansas, baylor, ok state did wonders for our RPI last year even going 1-2. gotta run the table in Hawaii for sure now to play WSU, but damn, i really woulda even taken a road game against a blue blood that we probably wouldnt have won.

Howell was on top of it today. Also said that the "TBA" was a typo and that the NoCo game is definitely at Coors.

Diamondhead Classic bracket revealed

We play DePaul in the opening round. George Washington is on our side of the bracket. So I think we have a good shot at getting to the championship game. Really hope we see the Shockers in that game.

BuSJGS6IYAAH1IX.jpg

That is a great draw for us. DePaul will play a real high SOS, so will keep a decent RPI no matter its record. GW and Ohio should also keep it around Top 100, so it won't matter too much who we get in the 2nd round. Good path to the final for the Buffs. Hope we get Wichita State.

That is a great draw for us. DePaul will play a real high SOS, so will keep a decent RPI no matter its record. GW and Ohio should also keep it around Top 100, so it won't matter too much who we get in the 2nd round. Good path to the final for the Buffs. Hope we get Wichita State.

Yep, excellent draw. Hoping for GW in the next round though

There was a time when Depaul was a very good program. I haven't heard much from them recently. Are they any good?

There was a time when Depaul was a very good program. I haven't heard much from them recently. Are they any good?

As CVille said, they've been down for a long time. Not just down, but bad. Joey Meyer wasn't near the coach his dad was. Since then, they had a few good years under Dave Leitao but not much other than that. And as CVille will also tell you, sacky, both DePaul and UVA would be better off if Leitao hadn't left the Blue Demons for that UVA job.

Back