What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2014 CU Football Schedule & Future Schedules

mike.bohn@colorado.edu

I suggest somebody ask the man himself. I find this to be preposterous.

I did get a response from MB, and he said that the schedule doesn't work at this time for a home and home with Michigan, and that it was important for us to get a game for the Alumni in the east. Also, that we should be seeing at least Ohio State in Boulder before 2020.

I did get a response from MB, and he said that the schedule doesn't work at this time for a home and home with Michigan, and that it was important for us to get a game for the Alumni in the east. Also, that we should be seeing at least Ohio State in Boulder before 2020.

With all due respect to you for asking him (thanks, btw) his response is pure bull****. It's not important to have a game on the East Coast for the alumni. That's garbage. He needs to deal with the alumni right here who buy season tickets. I'm not asking for a home/home with Michigan. I'm asking for another home game with whoever we can find to do a one-off with us. If that's Utah State, Tulane, Wyoming, UNC, whoever. I don't give a damn. Bohn needs to be looking into that kind of thing. He already has games scheduled out East in Masachussets. A game in Michigan isn't necessary for the alumni. This sucks. Pure and simple. It's a terrible idea and he needs to be called on the carpet for it. Terrible, terrible move.

The osu in Boulder by 2020 will only be because of the Big 10/PAC 12 series, not due to the magic of Bohn.

Despite end of Pac12/B1G10 agreement:
Purdue’s handshake agreement to face Colorado in 2016 and 2017 remains intact, associate athletic director for communication Tom Schott said.

I don't understand how it could be '16 and '17 for Purdue with that Michigan game on the '16 schedule now. Very confusing.

We have a TBA home game vs. Fresno State, yet to be scheduled... Also, the 2016 and 2018 games vs. San Jose St. are home, the 2017 road...

September 22nd game against Washington State is a 2 pm kickoff and will be on F/X.

With all due respect to you for asking him (thanks, btw) his response is pure bull****. It's not important to have a game on the East Coast for the alumni. That's garbage. He needs to deal with the alumni right here who buy season tickets. I'm not asking for a home/home with Michigan. I'm asking for another home game with whoever we can find to do a one-off with us. If that's Utah State, Tulane, Wyoming, UNC, whoever. I don't give a damn. Bohn needs to be looking into that kind of thing. He already has games scheduled out East in Masachussets. A game in Michigan isn't necessary for the alumni. This sucks. Pure and simple. It's a terrible idea and he needs to be called on the carpet for it. Terrible, terrible move.

Being that my wife went to Michigan (and this was the only school I did NOT get into that I applied- this is irrelevant to the post),
I beleive that this game is not only necessary to the eastern alumni, it is demanded....

The grill has to get some use bra!

Observations: The one-off with Michigan and the game with Central Arkansas don't bother me. For the last 2 years Cent Ark has been far better than Sacramento State, and I think the game will probably be close.

What does bug me is the fact that CU scheduled a home and away with the Univ of Mass. Shoulda been just a Boulder game. UMass just moved from FCS to the MAC last year, but its home field is the Warren P. McGuirk Alumni Stadium, capacity 17,000. No end zone seating. Looks like what it is, which is an FCS stadium and not a very good one. Scheduling UMass home and away is EXACTLY like scheduling Montana State or Eastern Washington home and away. Shouldn't have to be done. 17,000 seats. Where's the logic there?

2012 CU Football Schedule & Future Schedules

So you're ok with a one and done with Michigan but not for a travel back east to in theory give back east alumni a chance to go to a CU game? Huh...

Observations: The one-off with Michigan and the game with Central Arkansas don't bother me. For the last 2 years Cent Ark has been far better than Sacramento State, and I think the game will probably be close.

What does bug me is the fact that CU scheduled a home and away with the Univ of Mass. Shoulda been just a Boulder game. UMass just moved from FCS to the MAC last year, but its home field is the Warren P. McGuirk Alumni Stadium, capacity 17,000. No end zone seating. Looks like what it is, which is an FCS stadium and not a very good one. Scheduling UMass home and away is EXACTLY like scheduling Montana State or Eastern Washington home and away. Shouldn't have to be done. 17,000 seats. Where's the logic there?

I'm pretty sure the UMASS game is in Foxboro.

We'll be playing them in Foxboro at Gillette, which is where they play all their home games now.

Edit: Didn't see post ahead of me. Looking it up, McGuirk doesn't even have bathrooms.

Last edited:

Giving NE fanbase a chance to see a game, I wish it were just a little closer since that's atleast a plane trip(or very long drive for me).

Yeah that makes more sense, isn't the minimum for FBS stadiums 20k? I think Idaho might have been grandfathered in. I would've liked a game at the Meadowlands, a nice $50 bus roundtrip away for me, short of course, an even closer game.

Yeah that makes more sense, isn't the minimum for FBS stadiums 20k? I think Idaho might have been grandfathered in. I would've liked a game at the Meadowlands, a nice $50 bus roundtrip away for me, short of course, an even closer game.

Idaho actually played games in Pullman at Washington State to help meet the attendance requirements. Playing a "home game" against Wazzou in Pullman seems like cheating, but I think the NCAA kind of turns a blind eye to the attendance requirements anyway.

Ok, thanks guys. Foxboro makes some sense. I was having a WTF moment.

I thought the UMASS game was a 2 for 1 not a 1 for 1. We get them twice in Boulder, and once in Foxboro... Did that change?

i like cultivating a presence on the east coast (esp in hoops) with scheduling....given our fan base and potential alum contributions, media coverage, recruiting....etc. but UMASS is not the team i do it with. foxboro will be half empty at best, which is betta than the UMASS version of CSU's field, i guess.

i know for a fact i lampooned Nebraska for playing UMASS a few years back...and even though UM stepped up to big boy football....still. worst thing, not a guaranteed W....for the Buffs of the last half decade. not at all.

I need to update this thing to the 2013 schedule in the OP. I'll try to get to it today.

Opening Post updated with the 2013 schedule.

2nd Post updated with schedules through 2024 with the known Nebraska games. CSU series officially ends in 2020. CSU has the option of playing that game in Ft. Collins, which is probably negotiating leverage for them on an extension of the series.

Looking forward to coming to Colorado for the UCA game! Never been and can't wait to see what mountains look like. :thumbsup: If anyone is interested in what Central Arkansas brings to the table, I can post a bit about our team. If not, that's fine too. I want to know what kind of team the Bears are going to face this fall. Are you a mainly a running or passing team? Who are your star players etc.. Thanks!

Re: 2013 CU Football Schedule & Future Schedules

Looking forward to coming to Colorado for the UCA game! Never been and can't wait to see what mountains look like. :thumbsup: If anyone is interested in what Central Arkansas brings to the table, I can post a bit about our team. If not, that's fine too. I want to know what kind of team the Bears are going to face this fall. Are you a mainly a running or passing team? Who are your star players etc.. Thanks!

We have no idea what to expect from our team.

Welcome. We have no idea what type of team we are other than probably awful.

Welcome. We've heard a little about your team, but your always welcome to post more. Cheerleader pics never hurt too. Honestly, we're not sure what kind of team we'll field this year. Our new coach liked to throw the ball around quite a bit at San Jose St. We're breaking in a new quarterback, so it's a crapshoot. As far as stars, look to Richardson on offense. He sat out last year, but look at what he did to Cal in '11 for some draw-dropping highlights. We've got a thread around here somewhere that has a good list of recommendations for stuff to do in Boulder while you're hear. Maybe someone else can post it. I can't ever find anything on this site.

Back