What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2014 Women's Pac-12 Tournament Official Thread

Brittany Wilson- 17 points, 3 rebounds and 3 assists; Ashley Wilson- 16 points, 4 rebounds and 3 assists. Don't have a breakdown, but I believe they also had the bulk of the Buff's 7 steals.
Lexy Kresl with 14 points, largely on two 3 pointers and 6 late "money" free throws, 6 rebounds and 3 assists.
Overall, the bigs played great defense, as I can't remember UCLA getting much of any interior game going. Jamie Swan led the Buffs with 10 rebounds, while Arielle Roberson had 7 while also forcing a few out of bounds balls off UCLA with her aggressiveness. And, Rachel Hargis seemed to get her hands on many balls both on defense and on the offensive boards. Between the three, they also scored 19 points. Zoe Beard-Fails also contributed 5 points and 3 rebounds in helping minimize the loss of Jen Reese for the year, at least for one day.

Last edited:
May as well win the whole thing now that they're not going to be back in Boulder to go out Friday night.

:gobuffs:

Good game ladies. Glad to see that the offense finally showed up again. Hitting 50% from 3 and 83% from the free throw line would have turned several of those close losses into wins during the conference season. So now keep it up against Stanford and get another win tomorrow!

If anybody finds the Senior Night speeches online, please let me know. Last year's got posted and I got to see Chucky cry. It means a lot to these kids to be a Buff.

I am so happy that Ashley got her career high in the Pac 12 tournament. Neither Ashley nor Brittany want the season to end.

I don't know if we have a chance against Stanford, but it's being played on a neutral court. CU has managed to beat Stanford when nobody gave them a chance on neutral courts in the past.

I'm very happy to see that we scored about 50 points. You have to score to win.

I gave up my subscription to the Pac 12 network some time ago on Dish. This evening, I was channel surfing and discover Dish is doing a free preview week. Recording the replay tonight and the Stanford game while I am at work. If Stanford is bad, I will delete.

Buffgal ... for the senior speeches... go to the WBB page on cubuffs web site and look at the "Buffs TV" section. There's a video there of the speeches.

7-4 Buffs ~4 minutes into the game. (Almost got really excited as I thought Arielle Roberson might have gotten a bucket plus one with a second foul on Stanford's star, but it was called a walk instead.)

Buffs still up, 10-9, at the 2nd official timeout break. Buffs starting to making lots of turnovers, with the Stanford Pac-12 DPOY showing why she won that award.

Also have to hope more bigs don't get in foul trouble. (Zoe Beard-Fails already has 3.)

Edit- finally found live stats ( http://www.gostanford.com/liveStats/v2/basketball/index.dbml?GAME_STAT_ID=1550359&db_oem_id=30600 ), and its only showing Beard-Fails with 2 fouls. Don't know whether the announcers or stats are correct.

Last edited:
14-13 Buffs at just under 6 minutes.

If you can, tune into Pac-12 Network.

I'm so proud of the way this team is fighting. Leaving it all out there and look exhausted. Playing defense at a level we haven't seen all season.

The Buffs not hitting much of anything- thankfully Stanford isn't either. 14-13 Buffs with ~6 minutes left in the half. (Buffs shooting 19%, Stanford 24%, with Buffs 3 early threes being most of the offense.)

Still Buffs up! 18-17 with 3 minutes to go at the half. As Buffnik said, they are working VERY hard, and energy is great.

23-21 Buffs at the half. Announcers said the least Stanford had scored this year at the half was either 25 or 26 (I forget which) against UConn. Awesome defensive job ladies!

Looking at the stats, Arielle Roberson already with 11 rebounds, leading the Buffs to a 25-20 rebounding advantage. On the other hand, the 4 main frontcourt players are 1-9 shooting. Need at least some offensive production from them (Although maybe the plan is to live or die with the 3, along with the Wilsons (especially Brittany) occasionally driving?).

28-25 Buffs at 17:34. Got through the first 1/8 of the 2nd half.

Stanford making its run. 28-35.

Buffs need an answer.

Under 16 minutes.

Stanford shooting over 60% in the 2nd half so far. It's not like it's uncontested shots, either. Getting ridiculous bounces now.

30-41

This could get away in a hurry.

The Buffs offense picking up, unfortunately Stanford is scoring EVERY time down the court- 55-38 with 10 minutes left.

55-40 with 8 minutes left. Stanford "earning" about two fouls from the Buffs/ officials per possession at this point.

And, the offense has gone away again. 59-42 Stanford. This one's way done.

Overall, the women showed a lot of character pulling the season out of a tailspin with some nice wins late, and they ALWAYS play hard. Still a young team with some good recruits coming in, especially in the guard area, for future years. The three seniors put in great effort this tournament and year- thanks so much for all your efforts over the four years.

Back