What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2015-16 Colorado Basketball Roster & Schedule

Question with the Brooklyn deal-are there two home games that are part of that like with the vegas classic from this year?

OK, I think this is how things are lining up. Here's hoping we land Siewart and a Grad Transfer PG. If that's not an option, I'd like to add someone to Yaz's class for balance.

Note - still figuring out tables on this board format, but initially I combined the SG & SF slots like I did with the SF & PF slots, but it screwed with the formatting - hence me breaking them out. But really consider White, Peters, Brown and Fortune to play the same position. And honestly, King can slide in there too if need be.

2016 Roster ||||||
Position | Senior | Junior | Sophomore | Freshman | Totals | Commitments
PG||Dominique Collier|Thomas Akyazili||2 Scholarship/0 Walk On|
SG|Derrick White*|||Bryce Peters|2 Scholarship/0 Walk On|
SF|Josh Fortune*|||Deleon Brown|2 Scholarship/0 Walk On|
SF/PF|Xavier Johnson*|George King*|||2 Scholarship/0 Walk On|
Bigs|Wesley Gordon*|Tory Miller||Dallas Walton|3 Scholarship/0 Walk On|
Totals|4 Scholarship|3 Scholarship|1 Scholarship|3 Scholarship|11 Scholarship|0 Scholarship
* = Redshirted|Italics = Walk On|Official CU Roster||||

Going to lose a ton of talent over the next two years. These last two scholarships this period are going to be crucial.

good work. and yea, thank goodness Tad has rediscovered his recruiting chops to some degree, cause we lost a LOT this year.

Going to lose a ton of talent over the next two years. These last two scholarships this period are going to be crucial.

From that standpoint, losing Fletch and Guz seems like more of a positive since it allows the program to bring in and begin development on 2 more players.

Question with the Brooklyn deal-are there two home games that are part of that like with the vegas classic from this year?
I was wrong.

http://www.cubuffs.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=600&ATCLID=210851094

The four teams in the “Championship Rounds” will each host a pair of regional round games on campus before facing off in Brooklyn, similar to the format Colorado played in this past season with the Las Vegas Classic. All four games at the Barclays Center will be televised on one of the ESPN networks.

Eastern Washington, Bryant, Louisiana Monroe and Seattle are the other four teams in the field. The complete schedule for the Legends Classic will be announced at a later date.

So we have 1 home game with either E. Wash, Bryant, LA-Monroe, or Seattle then 2 games in Brooklyn against either ND, Texas, or NW.

Home game against Xavier
Home game against CSU
Road game at BYU
Road game at AFA

Schedule shaping up to be much more interesting than this past seasons.

4 more games to schedule

Last edited:
Well I for one hope it's Seattle because revenge is the sweetest joy...

As long as those Brooklyn games aren't during Thanksgiving, I'll be there.

More info on the Legends Classic in which CU is participating:

1st 2 games on campus followed by playing 2 of the 3 other teams heading to Brooklyn with us.

That's 9 of the 12 non-conference opponents. 4 home/ 3 road/ 2 neutral. I would figure that the next 3 we hear about will be at home.

More info on the Legends Classic in which CU is participating:

1st 2 games on campus followed by playing 2 of the 3 other teams heading to Brooklyn with us.

That's 9 of the 12 non-conference opponents. 4 home/ 3 road/ 2 neutral. I would figure that the next 3 we hear about will be at home.

Figure we get EWU and Seattle given we're the western most school playing in Brooklyn.

I love the look of our roster for '16-'17. The biggest glare for me is the depth. Having Fletcher was key for me. A great rotation player. I completely understand that Tad is going after 2 more for this season, which will be great. I do hope he can add quality players that can grow in our system and become studs. Guzonjic never got going and seemed like an unnecessary pick-up last year. I hope that Tad can add at least one PF/C 6'9+ and hopefully Whitt from Arkansas.

Next year continues to be a huge year for the Buffs on the recruiting trail because we will have 4 scholarships available. My number one target is Schwartz out of Colorado Springs. He's a 6'5 SG/SF that would be a perfect replacement for White/Fortune. Let's hope Tad can snag at least 2, 4 Star players for the '17 cycle and continue this run!

I definitely concur about the excitement for the coming year and I don't have any concerns about depth. The flexibility of this roster gives Tad so many options that I can't see depth being an issue. The situation that happened this year at SG/SF with three good players rotating starting will happen with every position on the floor. Below I list where players are capable of playing (Meaning most players are listed many times...only two players are listed only once and I did that because they are incoming freshman and I am not sure of their capabilities...one Freshman got listed frequently though). Sure you wouldn't play some of them at specific spots often, but Tad will really be able to mix and match.
PG. DCollier/TAkyazili/DWhite/BPeters
SG. DWhite/GKing/JFortune/DCollier/BPeters/DBrown/XJ
SF. GKing/JFortune/XJ/BPeters/DWhite/WGordon
PF. XJ/TMiller/WGordon/Gking
C. WGordon/TMiller/DWalton/XJ
I expect the normal starting five will be the first player listed for each position. What gets me excited though, are putting together a small lineup, a big lineup, a D focused lineup or an instant offense lineup (What instant offense?!? This is new!). Whatever additions happen in the next few days are bonuses for next year (But requirements for future years). I am also excited because I expect, whether rationally or not, that certain players will see marked improvement next year (DC/XJ/WG/TA). Koolaid bath here I come!
shamrock-theme-bath-from-suzy-homeschooler-2.jpg

Last edited:
Wofford was RPI 198 last season.

Season records the past 3 seasons:
2013-14: 20-13 (11-5 Southern Conf) lost in Rd of 64 as 15-seed
2014-15: 28-7 (16-2) lost in Rd of 64 as a 12-seed
2015-16: 15-17 (11-7)

Lost 3 seniors who played a lot, but will be a veteran team. Could be one of Tad's sneaky RPI booster games against a team that will win a lot of games and end up in the RPI 100-200 range. Kind of like Hampton this season.

Of note: senior guard and one of Wofford's leading scorers will be Eric Garcia from Aurora, CO. Garcia had a nice season last year and looks like a very reliable PG: 10.3p (.422 3pt% / .784 FT%) to go with a 4.8/1.5 ratio on a/t.

Good add to the schedule.

Last edited:
Of note: senior guard and one of Wofford's leading scorers will be Eric Garcia from Aurora, CO. Garcia had a nice season last year and looks like a very reliable PG: 10.3p (.422 3pt% / .784 FT%) to go with a 4.8/1.5 ratio on a/t.

I know it's stupid, but I love that Tad does a game like this every year. There's always a random opponent with a CO kid on the roster. It's a nice touch.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know it's stupid, but I love that Tad does a game like this every year. There's always a random opponent with a CO kid on the roster. It's a nice touch.

Also the kind of opponent that should give the Buffs a win but will play tough enough to force the Buffs to work for it. Good OOC game to develop the team.

Back