What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2015 Coaching Carousel

There hasn't been any indication that MM is in any kind of trouble. I don't know where the hot seat people get their info. Probably figure a guy who has two losing seasons in a row is automatically in trouble. I'd say MM is safe for another year, maybe even two years.
I concur and agree to two more years depending on next year W/L. No more relying on miniscule improvement evaluations.

If Florida actually wants Sparkles then he is gone. You can't say no to an opportunity like Florida. Sparkles won't be a tier 1 option, but after those all say no, which I think is pretty likely, I'd think he would at least get some consideration. He isn't a sexy name and wouldn't be considered a splash hire by the fan base, but I think he'd be a good fit. Hopefully CSU can keep him around for another few years but I wouldn't at all be surprised to see him leave.

If Florida actually wants Sparkles then he is gone. You can't say no to an opportunity like Florida. Sparkles won't be a tier 1 option, but after those all say no, which I think is pretty likely, I'd think he would at least get some consideration. He isn't a sexy name and wouldn't be considered a splash hire by the fan base, but I think he'd be a good fit. Hopefully CSU can keep him around for another few years but I wouldn't at all be surprised to see him leave.
Rep for adopting the sparkles nickname.

I am pretty sure Mac wouldn't even consider Pelini. That would be two completely different coaching styles.

I can't imagine Florida fans being too happy with that hire.

Probably not-thats whats fun about following coach searches at schools like Florida. They think Jon Gruden, Bill Cowher, and a back from the dead Vince Lombardi will take their job.....and then they bitch when they hire somebody with nowhere near that name recognition. That said, I think their fans would prefer Gundy over Sparkles or Doc Holliday.

FWIW, I think that would be a pretty good hire by Florida. Michigan is going to be where the drama happens.

Who doesn't?

It's odd for Gundy, given his ties to OSU and to Oklahoma.

It would be like - if Embree had been successful, won the Pac 12, took the Buffs to BCS bowl games, was making $3+ million per year, and then decided that he wanted to go to another school in another conference.

It's odd for Gundy, given his ties to OSU and to Oklahoma. It would be like - if Embree had been successful, won the Pac 12, took the Buffs to BCS bowl games, was making $3+ million per year, and then decided that he wanted to go to another school in another conference.
He pretty much has to take the job if offered. Would make for a really awkward situation going forward.

He pretty much has to take the job if offered. Would make for a really awkward situation going forward.

He pretty much begged for the Tennessee job and the Arkansas job a couple years ago. I agree if Florida offers - he has to take it. I'm not convinced they will offer.

FWIW, I think that would be a pretty good hire by Florida. Michigan is going to be where the drama happens.

I keep seeing Tyrone Wheatley's name mentioned for the Michigan job - Michigan man, young guy, good recruiter (allegedly), no HC experience, and currently an NFL position coach, sound familiar??

I know Michigan people would love to land one of the Harbaugh brothers, but my money is on them ultimately going with Schiano.

Yeah, but I don't think this gets that far. He's the winningest coach in OSU history, and eight straight bowls is as good as that program has had it. This is the worst team he's had since his first year (and probably the first time since '05 they're home for the holidays under Gundy). If Gundy leaves, they go back to where they were pre-Miles. He stays in Stillwater, and UF winds up with Sparkles.

I keep seeing Tyrone Wheatley's name mentioned for the Michigan job - Michigan man, young guy, good recruiter (allegedly), no HC experience, and currently an NFL position coach, sound familiar??

I know Michigan people would love to land one of the Harbaugh brothers, but my money is on them ultimately going with Schiano.

I don't buy that, or Schiano. Hoke has ties to UM.....so I don't think Michigan ties are as critical with this hire. I also don't expect them to go as far out of the box as they did with RR........The name there I've heard in an SI piece was Al Golden, and the more I think about it, it makes sense. He's a northerner with ties to the Big 10. His image would go over a lot better in Ann Arbor than it would in South Florida. He's taken heat from the Miami fanbase and former players, even with some of Miami's issues (starting a true frosh at QB). Given the fact that he took over a program that was dealing with Nevin Shapiro ramifications, he's gotta feel underappreciated at Miami........enough to make him want to make a move?

I don't buy that, or Schiano. Hoke has ties to UM.....so I don't think Michigan ties are as critical with this hire. I also don't expect them to go as far out of the box as they did with RR........The name there I've heard in an SI piece was Al Golden, and the more I think about it, it makes sense. He's a northerner with ties to the Big 10. His image would go over a lot better in Ann Arbor than it would in South Florida. He's taken heat from the Miami fanbase and former players, even with some of Miami's issues (starting a true frosh at QB). Given the fact that he took over a program that was dealing with Nevin Shapiro ramifications, he's gotta feel underappreciated at Miami........enough to make him want to make a move?

Would a Michigan fanbase tolerate the hiring of a head coach who is floundering at the U... a brand that should remain very attractive to the richest region of one of the richest states for high school talent? I like Al Golden as a coach but if he can't succeed in south Florida and the ACC then Michigan's expectations may find him a disappointing choice.

If he beats VT and thus makes a bowl this year, not necessarily. 23-37 records are apparently acceptable for UVA football now.

Didn't they fire Groh like a year or two after being ACC Coach of the Year?

It's amazing how quickly mediocrity becomes acceptable.

Back