What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2015 -- NO EXCUSES

When does the schedule get easier? This schedule excuse holds absolutely no water with me. CU plays in the PAC 12, every game, every year, is going to be tough. 2015 has to be the year. Put up or shut up. Hate to break it to you guys, but the 2016 schedule is not easier.

0fer in conference for the first time ever should be enough for a red ass. We have had some ****ty coaches in the past and never gone 0fer in conference. I predict the same lame-ass excuses next year, because we are not upgrading talent, and I highly doubt we make any staff changes. This guy is not the answer for the PAC12.

I wouldn't go that far but getting to bowl should be the goal. Having that goal means we are winning games. What I saw this year was a team that found any and every way to lose them, that has to come to a screeching halt. No more excuses. If we need changes to make that happen, do it, I have to believe RG will be in on that.

0fer in conference for the first time ever should be enough for a red ass. We have had some ****ty coaches in the past and never gone 0fer in conference. I predict the same lame-ass excuses next year, because we are not upgrading talent, and I highly doubt we make any staff changes. This guy is not the answer for the PAC12.

Mac needs to look hard at his staff. Need to retool one or two guys and bring some change. A losing culture is tough to break because people start to expect it. Find a young up and coming coach and give them an opportunity to influence the staff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When does the schedule get easier? This schedule excuse holds absolutely no water with me. CU plays in the PAC 12, every game, every year, is going to be tough. 2015 has to be the year. Put up or shut up. Hate to break it to you guys, but the 2016 schedule is not easier.

I'm fine with people expecting a bowl game, just saying I don't really see it as realistic. We'll need to go undefeated OOC and then get 3 wins in conference when all of our home games are tough as ****. Just seems like a difficult schedule. Is 2016 when we play Michigan? That won't be too much fun either.

At some point we'll need to break through, so no excuse it can't be next year, just seems like a massive jump to go from 2 wins and 0 conference wins to 7 wins and 3 conference wins.

I think 2016 becomes the do or die season. I think it gives time to get all our ducks in a row, if needed.

CU must win some of the big 4 at home next year. Just being real. Not sure who, and how many, gotta see who gets hit hardest by graduation. Obviously intend to win them all, attitude so important.

When we make a bowl in 2015, and that must be the goal, our practice facility is scheduled to be completed next December!

BTW, looked at some new renderings of all the construction, just total quality. Timeless. Practice facility amazing. Recruits coming in next few weeks, will like the presentation very much. Timing for next class very good.

Figure out a way to win and get going!

I think everyone is just demanding a bowl game because we're in year 3. But realistically we're a ~5 win team

I'm fine with people expecting a bowl game, just saying I don't really see it as realistic. We'll need to go undefeated OOC and then get 3 wins in conference when all of our home games are tough as ****. Just seems like a difficult schedule. Is 2016 when we play Michigan? That won't be too much fun either.

At some point we'll need to break through, so no excuse it can't be next year, just seems like a massive jump to go from 2 wins and 0 conference wins to 7 wins and 3 conference wins.

I think 2016 becomes the do or die season. I think it gives time to get all our ducks in a row, if needed.
This is much more realistic.

Need to beat at least one of Stanford, OU, UA, or USC at home and at least one road conference game. I'm expecting a loss at either Hawaii or CSU, so that gets us to 5. No more blow outs as well.

This is much more realistic.

Need to beat at least one of Stanford, OU, UA, or USC at home and at least one road conference game. I'm expecting a loss at either Hawaii or CSU, so that gets us to 5. No more blow outs as well.

If we lose to CSU again next year...... I dunno. I dunno what I'll do.... :wow: It will screw up everything. Can't even think it.

Embree was 3-15 in the PAC12 after getting fired. MM has a 1-17 PAC12 record.

I'm not enthralled with MacIntyre, so if he gets fired for not making a bowl game in 2015, so be it. I'm saying we could take a big step forward next season and still not win seven games. If that scenario does play out and RG keeps him, I will not be angry or surprised. But that makes 2016 a bowl or bust season, without a doubt. Even then, 6-6 might not be enough. The record will tell a lot, but not the entire story.

We're on the decade plan.

It gets tiring pushing the expectations out every year. I'm going with the "2015 No Excuses" motto myself. I don't care how hard the schedule is next year. No more excuses.

Show me physical football. Win the line of scrimmage. Run the ball when you need a two yard gain rather than a ridiculous wide receiver screen. Stop the freaking run.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Please, please, please tell me you are not trying to argue that Embree is the better coach

Amen, Mac had to pick up the pieces (if there were any left) from the worst team in CFB. Though I agree that we need to be improved in 2015, he will probably need more time. Frankly, that doesn't bother me.

There are a lot of positive signs with this staff. The offense looked good except for the ill-timed picks. Defense was suspect;but, I'll give them a pass since they played with 2 third string safeties and without their best player most of the year. I would worry more about the D if Mac was not the head coach. Special teams have not been special and recruiting is concerning. Hopefully we make some coaching changes to improve those two areas. I think Mac is the right guy. It may be wishful thinking because if Mac doesn't work and we bring in another staff it's going to be another 5 year delay at least. Let's go Mac get it done.

Don't make the mistake of thinking every coach needs five years to turn teams around.

At the beginning of the year I know a lot of us said, let's see us at least be competitive and the record might not show it. That's not good enough but I'm think it's safe to say we at least took that step. The next step is to win some of those. We need to win a conference road game, hell a conference game period, I just think it would do a lot confidence wise to know we can go on the road and get one.

I was waiting for someone to push to 2016.

2018 or bust!!

Duff is absolutely right. This 2015 or else stuff is frankly, not realistic. The lack of talent on this team and the schedule are not a formula for a winning season.

And it begs the question, what is meant by OR ELSE? Or else what? Fire MacIntyre? And start another rebuild?

Mac needs a minimum of 4 years to be given a fair chance. He is very well-respected and connected in coaching circles. Canning him if we didn't make a bowl game next year would be the worst thing we could do. Coaching is a small fraternity. As bad as Embree was, the perception is out there that he was not given a fair shake. If we were to fire Mac after 3 years, that would be solidified. "CU is a losing program that does not give its coaches time to construct a turnaround before firing them." That would be the narrative. And you're kidding yourself if you think any decent candidate would consider us as a destination after that. It would be career suicide.

Back