What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2015 Uniforms

Flywire collars look terrible. JMO. If it's so "high tech" why isn't Oregon using them? I really hope they do something better, because right now it looks like we just tweaked the jerseys in the wrong places. IMO The only thing that was needed was more metallic gold, updated and matching gold on shoulders/pants/helmets, more combos with silver replacing gold and possibly horned or silver helmets. That would constitute a good upgrade to me.

So far, not very impressed. Our jerseys are already cool, I just don't feel like RG and Mac have enough style to get it right. Although I hope I'm wrong and pleasantly surprised.

Last edited:
Flywire collars look terrible. JMO. If it's so "high tech" why isn't Oregon using them? I really hope they do something better, because right now it looks like we just tweaked the jerseys in the wrong places. IMO The only thing that was needed was more metallic gold, updated and matching gold on shoulders/pants/helmets, more combos with silver replacing gold and possibly horned or silver helmets. That would constitute a good upgrade to me.

So far, not very impressed. Our jerseys are already cool, I just don't feel like RG and Mac have enough style to get it right. Although I hope I'm wrong and pleasantly surprised.

We have seen two pictures. Settle down. :smile2:

Oregon has already moved on to flywire 2.0, they are a nike tester. The NFL is using flywire and so are a lot of nike schools.

It's more of a buzzword than anything else, anyway. Recruits know it's from nike and know it's new and they can throw it around with their friends. That in and of itself is good enough to use it. we haven't seen anything truly different than that so I don't know what you are upset about.

1. You've seen 2 small snapshots of the uniform, not sure how you can draw a strong conclusion based on the available pictures. The flywire design around the neck is being used in a lot of new Nike uniforms, **** Bailor and Missouri come to mind. I would be very happy to have uniforms that look like the ones below.

mizzouyellow2.jpg

bay-allblacknumberoutline-1-675x3801.jpg

2. Our current uniforms are old, outdated, and aren't cool anymore.

3. Not sure how you can say RG and MM don't have the style to pull it off.

While we're on the topic, what's your opinion of the pocket square vs the pocket round?

maxresdefault.jpg

or

images

Updated "Boulder" font to match the rest of the CU teams, a CU at the base of the collar (only other time was for the 2009 throwbacks) and I think we are off to a strong start. Not expecting or hoping for anything radical on the jerseys because CU has great colors and for the past 25 or so years a pretty consistent jersey style. "COLORADO" above the front numbers, numbers on the shoulders, stripes on the sleeves (often) & black, gold, white and silver as the colors used for everything. If they want to go wild on the helmets then why not. There is always going to be a gold traditional Ralphie logo helmet, but the more options the better.

Sarcasm font?

I don't post much, but I think as a current student my opinion might be relevant here. Personally, I couldn't disagree more. I love the fly wire tech as I think it's a simple way to incorporate a newer look, without changing too much.

As for Oregon, this is from 2012.

images-4.jpeg

Hopefully I didn't miss the sarcasm.

I don't post much, but I think as a current student my opinion might be relevant here. Personally, I couldn't disagree more. I love the fly wire tech as I think it's a simple way to incorporate a newer look, without changing too much.

As for Oregon, this is from 2012.

View attachment 16249

Hopefully I didn't miss the sarcasm.

I'll listen to students on this topic. This stuff is completely about appealing to your generation to attract recruits and sell gear.

If the under 25 crowd likes what CU does with its unis, then I like whatever it is.

I'll listen to students on this topic. This stuff is completely about appealing to your generation to attract recruits and sell gear.

If the under 25 crowd likes what CU does with its unis, then I like whatever it is.

if we start winning again, the program returns to its rightful slot as a Top 20, and the fans embrace the Buffs, we can adopt these as our uniforms and I will be fine.

image.jpg

3. Not sure how you can say RG and MM don't have the style to pull it off.

The fact that they both wear Dockers. I like the idea of the Bailer jerseys, I feel like they sort of took our spot in the jersey race since we bowed out. I also hate when teams use black on their jerseys. We started that ****. Time to be innovators again, instead of followers. I'm not getting that feeling.

Again just my opinions. Flywire sucks. DGAF who uses it.

The fact that they both wear Dockers. I like the idea of the Bailer jerseys, I feel like they sort of took our spot in the jersey race since we bowed out. I also hate when teams use black on their jerseys. We started that ****. Time to be innovators again, instead of followers. I'm not getting that feeling.

Again just my opinions. Flywire sucks. DGAF who uses it.

How does flywire suck?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

It makes the jersey lighter and stronger. Do you want us to don mesh jerseys????

:notsureserious:

from phone

And this is how it starts... bitching about the new technology in the damn uniform. This is going to really be painful on friday isn't it?

How does flywire suck?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

It makes the jersey lighter and stronger. Do you want us to don mesh jerseys????

Please explain tech surrounding Flywire. Wait, nm it's pretty simple, over-analyzed clothing tech. CUs mesh jerseys were awesome! Why not incorporate some of that?

I just don't like how it looks. It's unoriginal, CU has historically been on the cutting edge of jersey design and innovation. There are a million ways to integrate a strong yet flexible and breathable collar. Nike either cut us off or we got in line.

Please explain tech surrounding Flywire. Wait, nm it's pretty simple, over-analyzed clothing tech. CUs mesh jerseys were awesome! Why not incorporate some of that?

I just don't like how it looks. It's unoriginal, CU has historically been on the cutting edge of jersey design and innovation. There are a million ways to integrate a strong yet flexible and breathable collar. Nike either cut us off or we got in line.

HAVE YOU SEEN OUR UNIFORMS THE PAST HALF DECADE.

Seriously, bro.

Not having flywire makes us look D2.

Hard to tell so far but I like what I'm seeing. I like the italicizes letters, the cu logo on the neck and the stitched letters. I also like that the helmets look to be a darker gold (though that could just be an illusion from the picture) I'm guessing the changes to the black uniforms and the white uniforms are going to be minimal. I hoe we see a couple of cool alternates (gray or maybe even gold).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back