What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2016 CFB News & Notes (National)

Sorry, I considered CSU's starting QB and the departure of its DC as relevant topics since it is CU's game 1 opponent.

Can you please provide guidance of what's acceptable in this thread? Please provide three examples as well.

Thanks in advance.

A lot more attention being given to CSU in this thread than probably deserved, imo.

Meh. We Play them every year. They are in the same state as us. Compete for some of the same recruits. Many of had friends not good enough to go to CU so they went to CSU. They will for that always be part of the conversation. By contrast we dont talk about any former B12 teams anymore at all except NU and UT. Not KU. not KSU. not even OU. We have no connection to them anymore and no reason to care. We can't say that about CSU

Last edited:
In other lamb chop news, CSU DC looks to be headed to Georgia Southern as new HC.
Saw on ESPN. If you told me a DC in the state of Colorado was going to be named as HC of an FBS program this offseason. I would have thought it would be JL. The CSU DC is a good coach. Good for him.

Saw on ESPN. If you told me a DC in the state of Colorado was going to be named as HC of an FBS program this offseason. I would have thought it would be JL. The CSU DC is a good coach. Good for him.
I think JL will get another shot at HC. But I think he's on a mission to bring CU back into prominence. But I only think that from the few quotes I've heard.

I think JL will get another shot at HC. But I think he's on a mission to bring CU back into prominence. But I only think that from the few quotes I've heard.

JL will get another shot. He has the track record and is respected in the business. Every year that passes puts the issues that got him fired further into the background.

I think you are right though that he is on a mission. He also seems to really love Boulder and the job he is doing.

He has been around coaching long enough to know that his next head coaching job could very well be his last one. He will very likely listen to offers but I don't think he jumps unless he believes that the situation is right for him. There are a lot of jobs out there that I think he would quietly turn down.

Bobo's move to CSU has always been a play for getting a head coaching job at a P5 program ala McElwain. 2016 is a big year for him. If CSU regresses, his big time HC opportunity takes a big hit.
Ok, but to say his career is riding on year 2 at a MWC school is a bit of an exaggeration.

Hmmmmm, like Lance Armstrong, Sam's been given to opportunity to re-build his body.

Any thought that he could move to Inside LB with that re-tooled physique ? Jack Lambert-like size there would be great.
Says he intends to play DE. He'll be a freshman this year. From some things I read, optimal weight gain is around 20 to 25 lbs a year. But, since he was at 240 before, maybe his weight gain will accelerate a bit. Heck, they could chose to RS him this year and he'd be a 21 year old freshman in 2017 and probably closer to 260. I don't know if they are considering that or not. I'm sure it depends on how he looks this spring and summer.

Hmmmmm, like Lance Armstrong, Sam's been given to opportunity to re-build his body.

Any thought that he could move to Inside LB with that re-tooled physique ? Jack Lambert-like size there would be great.

Lambert was a very undersized ILB.

Regardless, Bennion is a DE/DT for this system. Just need to be patient as he puts on 50-70 pounds over the next few years.

He will redshirt.

This would make a lot of sense.

He can come in to camp in shape but not be in football shape. Two years away from the game and he will have to re-discover his instincts on the field.

DBT may be right that he can gain weight faster since he will be recovering weight but he will still be a little undersized. He HS tape looked like a guy who relied on power for a lot of his moves. Rather have an extra year on the back end with him at full size and strength.

Not sure he has the speed to play any of the LB positions in this defense.

I don't know what thread to put this in and didn't wanna start one. This safety from New Mexico got killed in a wreck, I guess it was yesterday? I remember hearing his name against the chards. Tough news this time of year or anytime. His last name was Byrd. Idk if it was the weather or what.

I don't know what thread to put this in and didn't wanna start one. This safety from New Mexico got killed in a wreck, I guess it was yesterday? I remember hearing his name against the chards. Tough news this time of year or anytime. His last name was Byrd. Idk if it was the weather or what.
Markel Byrd. Very sad news.

Back