What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2016 CU News & Notes (Buff Stuff)

Cool video of some of the students at practice today. Nice catch of the punt, and I love the reaction of those on the team who were betting that he would catch it!

Paging @sackman

This looks a lot like student outreach. Good to see investments being made to create the next generation of Buff fans.

I am curious (question for All Allbuffs). When you earn a scholarship like these 2 young men, does it pay for the last 3/4 years or just the up coming season?

I believe it covers them through the end of the school year.

Not sure if this had been announced or not, but a big welcome to Coach Matt Bryson!

Who will start at RT. looks like the rest of the line is set.

Personally, I like the idea of going with the most experienced vet next to the freshman Lynott in the opener.

Irwin-Kough-Kelley-Lynott-Callahan

Hopefully the Buffs take care of business and there are opportunities to work in Kronshage & Haigler for a good number of snaps at OT along with getting Huckins & Wiefels some run on the interior.

It's the safest play, imho. And I'd rather play it safe in the opener. Also, as a general rule of thumb, I think the nod goes to the vet in a year you're playing to win if the younger player hasn't won the job outright. That rule flips if it's a rebuilding year and you're working for the future. The future is now.

Personally, I like the idea of going with the most experienced vet next to the freshman Lynott in the opener.

Irwin-Kough-Kelley-Lynott-Callahan

Hopefully the Buffs take care of business and there are opportunities to work in Kronshage & Haigler for a good number of snaps at OT along with getting Huckins & Wiefels some run on the interior.

It's the safest play, imho. And I'd rather play it safe in the opener. Also, as a general rule of thumb, I think the nod goes to the vet in a year you're playing to win if the younger player hasn't won the job outright. That rule flips if it's a rebuilding year and you're working for the future. The future is now.

Doesn't Kronshage have more game experience at tackle than Callahan?

Doesn't Kronshage have more game experience at tackle than Callahan?

Yes. Callahan has 5 starts at OG for us last year (played in all 13 games). Kronshage had 6 starts at OT (played in 11/13 games).

On experience, though, Kronshage is a 4th year junior while Callahan is a 5th year senior who got an extra semester of practice as an early enrollee at Auburn.

Could probably go either way from an experience perspective.

Here's how I understand it:

Callahan is the biggest and most powerful if you want to be knocking guys off the ball.
Haigler is the most athletic but is the lightest while also a RS-Frosh. He's the long-term upside guy.
Kronshage is in between. Not as athletic as Haigler and not as strong as Callahan.

And I can certainly see Adams going with Kronshage instead of Callahan if he has a hair more confidence in him.

Kronshage played the whole CSU game last year at LT. So that wouldn't be a horrible option

I'm not worried. Would like it if one of the thre stepped up. I'm kind of pulling for Callahan if he is in fact the strongest. I do like the idea that they have at least three guys who can play the position.

I am a bit surprised that Weifles was unable to get in the two deep.

I'm not worried. Would like it if one of the thre stepped up. I'm kind of pulling for Callahan if he is in fact the strongest. I do like the idea that they have at least three guys who can play the position.

I am a bit surprised that Weifles was unable to get in the two deep.

Wiefels is in the 2-deep. He'll be the primary backup at OG and C along with Huckins. I don't know which would go in 1st. I suspect Wiefels at OG and Huckins at C based on Adams saying that he had moved Wiefels to OG to give him a chance to compete for a starting job.

At any rate I am optimistic that this could be the most athletic o-line in almost a decade. Lots of talent. I just want the buffs to ram it down CSUs throat at will. If they can run the same play ten times in a row and make yards it will be a good omen.

At any rate I am optimistic that this could be the most athletic o-line in almost a decade. Lots of talent. I just want the buffs to ram it down CSUs throat at will. If they can run the same play ten times in a row and make yards it will be a good omen.
We have experience, in a week we'll find out if it's translated into talent.

Back