What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2016 Pac-12 Tournament MBB

Tad is cursed. Will we ever finish top 4?

Doesn't help that this conference is absolutely insane. Never know what you are going to get night in and night out.

Think next year is our year though. Our offense SHOULD be elite and our defense will likely hover around the same level. Always has with Tad.

Doesn't help that this conference is absolutely insane. Never know what you are going to get night in and night out.

Think next year is our year though. Our offense SHOULD be elite and our defense will likely hover around the same level. Always has with Tad.
can't be too confident after losing scott... but let's hope.

Oregon locked up the #1 seed last night and it looks like Utah has secured the #2 spot.

I do have a question on Cal and Zona though. ESPN and Pac12.com have the standings

#1 UO 13-5
#2 UU 12-5
#3 UofA 11-6
#4 Cal 11-6

They split the season series so are tied in the head to head tie breaker. In the second tie breaker, UofA is 0-1 against Oregon and Cal is 1-1. So shouldn't Cal be #3?

Oregon locked up the #1 seed last night and it looks like Utah has secured the #2 spot.

I do have a question on Cal and Zona though. ESPN and Pac12.com have the standings

#1 UO 13-5
#2 UU 12-5
#3 UofA 11-6
#4 Cal 11-6

They split the season series so are tied in the head to head tie breaker. In the second tie breaker, UofA is 0-1 against Oregon and Cal is 1-1. So shouldn't Cal be #3?

Yes they should. Could just be they aren't taking tiebreakers into effect yet and are still going alphabetically.

But yeah, I believe Oregon has locked up #1 (due to tiebreakers with Utah) but Utah could still slip behind Cal if they lose, Cal wins and Zona loses.

Yes they should. Could just be they aren't taking tiebreakers into effect yet and are still going alphabetically.

But yeah, I believe Oregon has locked up #1 (due to tiebreakers with Utah) but Utah could still slip behind Cal if they lose, Cal wins and Zona loses.

Friend of mine is running the scenarios because... I am not sure why.

Oregon is #1
UU is #2 because even with a loss and a win by the other two, the tiebreaker changes when multiple teams are tied (In this case UU, UA, and Cal). The first tiebreaker is W-L record against the group. In this situation UU is 2-1, Cal is 2-2, and UofA is 1-2

Friend of mine is running the scenarios because... I am not sure why.

Oregon is #1
UU is #2 because even with a loss and a win by the other two, the tiebreaker changes when multiple teams are tied (In this case UU, UA, and Cal). The first tiebreaker is W-L record against the group. In this situation UU is 2-1, Cal is 2-2, and UofA is 1-2

Yes, but if Utah loses, Cal wins and Zona loses, that eliminates Zona from that tiebreaker. They'd be 11-7 and Cal & Zona would be 12-6. Head to head is 1-1, but Oregon record tiebreaker goes to Cal.

Maybe Miller will take a big step next year. I think I got his name right, the postman that's built like a ****house?

Scenarios:

4 Seed - CU Wins at Utah Cal loses to Arizona and Arizona State, Arizona beats Stanford

So... Cal loss and Arizona State beats Stanford. We're sitting pretty for a 4 seed if we get a win then, right? I'd think Arizona would beat Stanford, if ASU just did. We almost control our own destiny!

So... Cal loss and Arizona State beats Stanford. We're sitting pretty for a 4 seed if we get a win then, right? I'd think Arizona would beat Stanford, if ASU just did. We almost control our own destiny!

No, ASU needs to beat Cal now. Unfortunately their win against Stanford didn't do anything for us.

Oregon leads USC 44-37 at half. This one is extremely important to us. A USC loss means CU gets the 5 seed even with a loss at Utah

USC about to lose to Oregon.

Buffs are guaranteed at least the 5 seed.

USC is likely still in the clear for the NCAA Tournament, but man they are limping in. If they go one and done in Vegas, there are going to be some questions. Should still be ok though.

WSU Wednesday then AZ Thursday was the worst possible scenario for me. The only P12 team with a criminally bad RPI then the team who essentially gets a home crowd for a "neutral" court game. Fork em! Lets beat the pUtahs!

Just guessing the WSU crowd may be in single digits based on their P12 record, enthusiasm will be minimal.

To get the pac12 title this year, CU will most likely have to go through WSU, #15 UofA, #8 UO, and either #12UU or #24Cal

Yay.

If I'm right, we've beaten every team in the PAC12 except UU...and both those could've been wins. We have a decent shot at a title...okay, outside shot at it.

If I'm right, we've beaten every team in the PAC12 except UU...and both those could've been wins. We have a decent shot at a title...okay, outside shot at it.
Didn't beat either LA school. *Bangs head on desk over USC game*

Back