What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2017-18 Uniform Thread

With kids that love special uniforms now why not let the winning team of an instate rivalry wear State flag uniforms in the next year's matchup.

Schools could do their own take on flag uniform because of different suppliers but the kids would like it a lot more than a trophy and it would be a visual reminder who won the last game.

With kids that love special uniforms now why not let the winning team of an instate rivalry wear State flag uniforms in the next year's matchup.

Schools could do their own take on flag uniform because of different suppliers but the kids would like it a lot more than a trophy and it would be a visual reminder who won the last game.
I'm going to pretend this is a joke

Tacky as ****. Stick to green and gold (especially no orange), there's nothing CSU about those uniforms. Maybe mix in or pull inspiration from the flag if you'd like, but don't go all out and lose any sense of CSU.
This. I'm surprised by everyone who thinks these look like anything but a generic Colorado flag shirt you find in Walgreens. It is like what some guy in China comes up with when making a football action figure but has to create a generic logo.

I really like them but they do not tie in at all to the Rams symbology at all. Put the colored Circle at the center of the stupid ram horns or something to make it tie in. Oh well. UU is doing a good job of helping them drive sales with these kind of combos.

This. I'm surprised by everyone who thinks these look like anything but a generic Colorado flag shirt you find in Walgreens. It is like what some guy in China comes up with when making a football action figure but has to create a generic logo.
Exactly, it was funny seeing the gear they wanted to sell because it was the same crap you see at gas stations around the state. Would have been way cooler if it was the CsU colors with the Colorado flag mixed in. They definitely missed a big opportunity here because whenever those vendors are selling the cu/Colorado flag gear in the parking lots at tailgates they go really fast.

It's funny, but the Colorado tee shirt or hat has become a major fashion statement down here with rich kids. I was walking through an upscale outdoor shopping area here a couple weeks ago, and saw at least a dozen HS kids wearing one. I asked a few of them about it, and only one had ever been to the state.

It's funny, but the Colorado tee shirt or hat has become a major fashion statement down here with rich kids. I was walking through an upscale outdoor shopping area here a couple weeks ago, and saw at least a dozen HS kids wearing one. I asked a few of them about it, and only one had ever been to the state.
Stoners?

I'm sorry, but that's ****ing bull****. CU is the flagship. CSU is an obscure program in an obscure conference. This is the manifestation of the "our state" bull**** that they've been trying to push, but guess what, ****os? The only in-state programs against whom they have winning records are UNC and School of Mines, which means dick. CU has a better record against CSU than CSU does against School of Mines.

In order for this to be "their state" they should consistently have to beat someone in it.

Couldn't disagree more

I'm going to reply to myself here... who has a better state flage then CO??

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flags_of_the_U.S._states_and_territories

The only other ones I think are good are:

Alaska
143px-Flag_of_Alaska.svg.png

Arizona
150px-Flag_of_Arizona.svg.png

California
150px-Flag_of_California.svg.png

New Mexico
150px-Flag_of_New_Mexico.svg.png

South Carolina
150px-Flag_of_South_Carolina.svg.png

Wyoming
143px-Flag_of_Wyoming.svg.png

I'm going to reply to myself here... who has a better state flage then CO??

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flags_of_the_U.S._states_and_territories

The only other ones I think are good are:

Alaska
143px-Flag_of_Alaska.svg.png

Arizona
150px-Flag_of_Arizona.svg.png

California
150px-Flag_of_California.svg.png

New Mexico
150px-Flag_of_New_Mexico.svg.png

South Carolina
150px-Flag_of_South_Carolina.svg.png

Wyoming
143px-Flag_of_Wyoming.svg.png

I've always been partial to NM's, and as much as I hate to say it, TX's is cool too, though nowhere near ours. I like AK's, and sadly CA has a good one, too.

Wyo is good, but I might be partial to the buffalo part of it.

I've always been partial to NM's, and as much as I hate to say it, TX's is cool too, though nowhere near ours. I like AK's, and sadly CA has a good one, too.

Wyo is good, but I might be partial to the buffalo part of it.
You are ****ing kidding me right? The turquoise isn't bad but the yellow one sucks.

To me it's all about recognition. I would not hardly put any flag to the state if given an exam. The Texas flag and the Colorado flag are recognizable to people in other parts of the world even.

To me it's all about recognition. I would not hardly put any flag to the state if given an exam. The Texas flag and the Colorado flag are recognizable to people in other parts of the world even.
Cali and Ohio as well.

As much as it pains me to say it, I think CA has the best flag, followed by Wyoming. If Texas wasn't so "Texas" about themselves and their flag, I'd say theirs is cool too. CO comes in third in my mind.

Last word from me on the CSU unis: I talked to my sheep brother about it, and he's understandably excited about it, but also agrees about the blue-out being kinda dumb. Thinks a white out would be better.

Frankly, I get that kids like alternate stuff, and selling merch drives a lot of it as well, but I feel like all 3 CO FBS teams have good, distinctive, easily recognizable unis. AFA and CSU should take a cue from us and realize that ****ing around too much makes you unrecognizable. Play with the colors if you want, but stay with a certain distinctive pattern. JMO.

Last word from me on the CSU unis: I talked to my sheep brother about it, and he's understandably excited about it, but also agrees about the blue-out being kinda dumb. Thinks a white out would be better.

Frankly, I get that kids like alternate stuff, and selling merch drives a lot of it as well, but I feel like all 3 CO FBS teams have good, distinctive, easily recognizable unis. AFA and CSU should take a cue from us and realize that ****ing around too much makes you unrecognizable. Play with the colors if you want, but stay with a certain distinctive pattern. JMO.
Yeah I'm not a fan of teams not wearing their colors, **** gets really old and it's annoying how everyone has to do this now. Honestly if CsU had the same jerseys but just substituted green and gold for the Colorado flag colors I would say they are pretty damn cool but now Cu can do it right.

You are ****ing kidding me right? The turquoise isn't bad but the yellow one sucks.

It's probably from being little and going down to ABQ all the time to visit my grandma. Plus, it's unique. No one's ever going to confuse NM with any other flag.

Back