What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2017-2018 Bowl Season

Pts scored by #Pac12 bowl opponents, updated:
NCSU 52 (win)
MSU 42 (win)
TCU 39 (win)
Purdue 38 (win)
Boise 38 (win)
PSU 35 (win)
KSU 35 (win)
OSU 24 (win)
WVU 14 (loss, no Grier)

Whoa, whoa, whoa.

DON'T LOSE YOUR COMPOSURE! EVERYBODY SETTLE DOWN!

The Pac is a disaster in bowl games this season. Tragically bad. It's a horrible optic for a conference that is struggling for positive exposure.

Noted.

And, I admit to being a bit of a hypocrite. When our conference performs well in bowls, I view it as a sign that my conference is awesome, and by proxy, I too am awesome. And when our team, or conference stinks it up in bowls, it's a reminder that the college football landscape is ever changing.

I acknowledge that the southeastern U.S. is football crazy. I've lived in Florida; it's a different level. I've lived in Texas. They take football pretty seriously. Similarly, I acknowledge that the SEC fan energy level, tailgate experience etc... is unparalleled at a conference level.

And...

The football landscape changes. The Pac is often in the top two conferences in bowl record and out of conference season record. It's a great conference having a bad year. A few years ago when the SEC West went, like, 1-5 in bowl games, nobody said that they came from a poor football culture and that's why they sucked. We just knew that they would reload and be back. We accepted that sometimes conferences and divisions are down for a season or two.

The Pac will be back. Just a bad season. And yes, I agree there is a different culture in the west.

Settle the **** down everybody.
While everything you say is true, going forward, I’m not sure I can agree. Time will tell if I’m right or wrong.

Personally, I just see a fundamental shift. Let me put it this way...

CU only has room for one ILB (as if ... but follow me here).

Two kids have CU #1.

One is a 5* from California with offers from everyone. The other is a 4* from Texas with offers from everyone.

Who do you take?

Personally, I’ll take the kid from Texas every time.

I hope I’m off the mark here and until I see a PAC-12 team go out and dominate another P5 team in a game that matters, I think I’ll stick with my tune. YMMV

Brain freeze by Pettis. Too bad ... would have liked to see a Hail Mary on the last play of the game.

Now ... GO WISCY!!!

While everything you say is true, going forward, I’m not sure I can agree. Time will tell if I’m right or wrong.

Personally, I just see a fundamental shift. Let me put it this way...

CU only has room for one ILB (as if ... but follow me here).

Two kids have CU #1.

One is a 5* from California with offers from everyone. The other is a 4* from Texas with offers from everyone.

Who do you take?

Personally, I’ll take the kid from Texas every time.

I hope I’m off the mark here and until I see a PAC-12 team go out and dominate another P5 team in a game that matters, I think I’ll stick with my tune. YMMV
I’d take the one from Georgia.

so the bowl record only matters if its bad? gotcha.
This is a floundering conference hamstrung by ever-lagging TV revenues which influences quality of coaches, ACs, support personnel, facilities, recruiting etc in a region that does not value college football.

Wilner will have his say later tonight. I expect it to be a blistering piece. Stay tuned for a serious dose of damnation.

Last edited:
I like how most site members rip the Pac 12 for network, Commish, distribution, tv time slots, $$$, national pub, etc for 350 days/year, and then the conference teams have the worst bowl season of any major conference in history (according to Wilner), and many posters come out and downplay it as no big deal. Weird.

Okay ... so what is a fumble nowadays? Or a catch? Or targeting?

Seriously ... both CFB and the NFL are starting to lose me due to these ridiculous rule interpetations.

And to quote the Chauncey the Great ... "the ball don't lie." :D

I know these games are decided specific ways. But it’s ridiculous that Miami (and **** You USC) get home games for games that are supposed to be neutral site.

The 2 key turnovers in this game both when PSU was driving kept Washington in the game. Otherwise it would've likely been a 3 or 4 touchdown win for Penn State. And kudos to Barkley for not sitting out this game.

Having an identity matters.

I was thinking about their history of run dominance before I saw your post. My fiancée asked why they always run up the middle. I told her, “it’s because it’s who they are. They don’t care, they do whatever they want and they’re good at it.” They have an identity, recruit to that identity and run their system flawlessly. They don’t even recruit highly, but they recruit smartly.

More on Wisconsin and the importance of having an identity:

Checked that out earlier too haha. Was curious about their recruiting and amount of high end talent they had. I was discussing with my friend who is from wisconsin. The kids in Wisconsin live for football and they love the badgers. It’s an honor for them to be able to play for the badgers. This is what colorado doesn’t have. We don’t have that culture and CU hasn’t cornered that market.

Back