What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2017-2018 Bowl Season

Richt did lose it there, refs may have missed a call but that happens, you can't let it cost you your composure.

And now Wisconsin believes they can control the Miami defense and the Miami defense has been smacked in the mouth. Not easy to come from behind against a team like the Badgers.

Jim Leonard is doing a hell of a job as DC there, and I don’t think Wisconsin ever has to worry about losing him for a lateral move.

Funny, that’s what I’ve thought about Wisconsin for most of the year. Hornibrook has been decent, but theyd be ridiculously tough to stop with a good to great QB.

Never really been a strength for Wisconsin. Some are better than others, but mostly just "meh." Pretty remarkable actually.

While everything you say is true, going forward, I’m not sure I can agree. Time will tell if I’m right or wrong.

Personally, I just see a fundamental shift. Let me put it this way...

CU only has room for one ILB (as if ... but follow me here).

Two kids have CU #1.

One is a 5* from California with offers from everyone. The other is a 4* from Texas with offers from everyone.

Who do you take?

Personally, I’ll take the kid from Texas every time.

I hope I’m off the mark here and until I see a PAC-12 team go out and dominate another P5 team in a game that matters, I think I’ll stick with my tune. YMMV
Your scenario makes no sense. How would a 5 star and 4 star linebacker both have CU as their #1 school? I don't understand. Please rephrase your scenario in a less impossible manner, so that I can comprehend it.

Today is the best game of his career by far.

He is typical of what Wisconsin is as a football team. He only does certain things but he does them very well without making big mistakes.

He isn't going to take over a game for you but he makes plays when they ask him to.

He is typical of what Wisconsin is as a football team. He only does certain things but he does them very well without making big mistakes.

He isn't going to take over a game for you but he makes plays when they ask him to.

He threw 15 interceptions this season.

Beg to differ. He took over today’s game and threw it all over in a super accurate fashion. It forced Miami to change their defensive schematics. He picked them apart after Miami started playing zone. He is usually not this accurate or secure with the ball. He is unconscious tonight and played the best he has as a Badger.

He threw 15 interceptions this season.

But they are playing in a major bowl game. He isn't a great QB but he is good enough to win games in their system.

With a better QB they might be in the playoff but you can say that about a few other teams as well.

Wisconsin is basically the exception which proves the rule. If it were easy to replicate their success, many schools would.

Over the years the Badgers have been held up again and again as the program CU would like to emulate. I recall DiStefano talking about that.

AAU. Smaller state with an NFL crazy fan base and a culture of beer. Year after year Wiscy’s FB and men’s BB programs excel in premier bowl games and the NCAA tourney.

After all the yapping about modeling CU after Wisconsin, it’s clearly easier said than done. Not seeing CU closing the gap. CU’s stature is so far below Wisconsin’s that this goal isn’t even realistic anymore.

But they are playing in a major bowl game. He isn't a great QB but he is good enough to win games in their system.

With a better QB they might be in the playoff but you can say that about a few other teams as well.

So does he make "big mistakes" or not?

he just makes plays, except when he throws a lot of interceptions, but it's all good because he makes plays without throwing a lot of interceptions because they didn't ask him to do that

So does he make "big mistakes" or not?

Did the interceptions cost them games that ruined their season. In contrast did he make some plays to win games.

Nobody is arguing that he is a great QB. He makes mistakes but his mistakes didn't keep them from getting where they wanted to be.

The only game that they lost was to Ohio State and he did have two INTs in the game but it was a game in which he was forced to throw the ball because Wisconsin only managed 60 yards rushing the entire game. In that context hard to blame it on him.

Back