What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2017 CU Players in the NFL (Plus Draft Thread)

Tedric the 4th guy off the board in the 4th round!!! He'll be hanging out with Paul in Seattle!!!

Awesome!

Having three guys in our secondary taken in the first four rounds is allsome, but also freaks me out about next year.

Awesome!

Having three guys in our secondary taken in the first four rounds is allsome, but also freaks me out about next year.
I think we have at least two 2018/2019 draft picks in the secondary next year. Secondary is the least concerning position, other than WR, IMO.

Nik is right about Jimmy, he is going to be a different guy 12 months from now than he was even at the end of the season.

A big advantage in his favor as well is that I think whoever takes him is going to get an absolute monster on special teams, I wouldn't even want to think about trying to block him in open field when he is on coverage.

That alone should buy him a roster spot long enough to further his development on defense.

Nico Siragusa (OG) just drafted in the 4th. I remember being kind of glad he picked SDSU over CU in that 2012 class. Oops. Congrats to him.

http://www.seahawks.com/video/2017/04/29/john-schneider-pete-carroll-call-tedric-thompson

Can't get the link to embed, but great video from the Seahawks war room telling Tedric they will be taking him.

Thanks for posting. That got to me. Such a big moment for these guys. After the neck injury, I didn't know what the future was going to be for TT and that kid showed so much to fight back and have the senior year that he did. Love him and am so happy for him today.

http://www.seahawks.com/video/2017/04/29/john-schneider-pete-carroll-call-tedric-thompson

Can't get the link to embed, but great video from the Seahawks war room telling Tedric they will be taking him.

I'm sure there were times when he was sitting in the training room or working in the weight room as he rehabbed from the injuries when he wondered if it was all worth it. Sounds like he got that answer.

Always nice to see good things happen to good people, Ted deserves good things.

None of CU's remaining players are listed on ESPNs "top remaining players" board that was 187 deep early in the 5th round. It will be a little surprising if anyone else gets drafted - at least according to them.

None of CU's remaining players are listed on ESPNs "top remaining players" board that was 187 deep early in the 5th round. It will be a little surprising if anyone else gets drafted - at least according to them.
NFL.com has Gilbert rated around the same as guys who have been getting drafted. They're a bit lower on Tupou, with Samson, Olugbode and Sefo not far behind Tupou. I don't see Irwin, Carrell or Kelley listed. But as we get into the later rounds it becomes more of a crap shoot. All 32 teams attended CU's pro day, so they've all gotten a look.

Sixth and especially seventh you will see a lot of guys who aren't on the TV guys list or rated highly.

A lot of teams in these rounds start looking for somebody who they think has a particular talent or potential that can make them an NFL player. They don't expect a complete player, only a guy they think they can turn into a player.

Gilbert has that quickness, speed, and length that an NFL team can look at and say "If we can do _______ he will be a player for us."

Tupou is the same thing, he has his weaknesses but all it takes is one team to look at the tape and say "Man he is hard to move out of the middle."

Irwin and Carrell have NFL bodies but not enough performance to get drafted. They will still be in demand as UDFAs.

I wonder if any teams have looked at Irwin and his brother and thought since they are twins maybe he is worth bringing in and seeing if they can put some weight on him and make him an OL.

As expected, the trash Oregon writers are taking joy in the 3 CU DBs that Leavitt and Clark (and solely Leavitt and Clark) got to the NFL.

200.gif

Back