What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2017 CU Players in the NFL (Plus Draft Thread)

Not CU related, but pretty cool to see a local kid in Austin Ekeler make the Chargers roster. He's from Eaton, played for Western State in Gunnison and caught the eye of some scouts at CU's pro day. Chargers took a flyer on him as a UDFA and he's now beaten out a guy like Kenjon Barner, who starred at Oregon, to make an NFL roster.

Strange connections and they likely at least knew who he was anyways but could this have a connection to the Buffs getting good again.

It wasn't that long ago (3-4 years) that the CU pro day was a second thought to the NFL. We would see maybe 10 scouts show up and some of those were the second line guys or part-timers. Last year most teams were represented and a lot of the guys were the regular full time scouting staff.

Probably isn't a factor but it would be a great story if CU's winning got a local small college guy a job.

Last year for the Pro Day I know that in addition to the CU guys we had players from the AFA, CSU-Pueblo, Western State, Adams State, Mesa State, UNC, and I think a couple came down from out of state (Montana?)

With the Champions Center and the sports medicine facilities there combined with us now having a stream of prospects coming through this could quickly become "The" regional event for pro scouting. Would be good for CU and the region if that happens.

Dunno if anyone watched the last Hard Knocks, but it focused on Sefo a lot. He took some real punishment behind a real awful OL in that game! Best part was the coach giving Sefo the performance review. Looks like the old tag of being a ****ty practice player and a gamer is something he can't shake. I believe sefo was told he "terrified" the coach in practice but was trusted during games.

Doesn't look like he got picked up, however. After all the punishment he's taken, I almost hope he hangs it up.

Dunno if anyone watched the last Hard Knocks, but it focused on Sefo a lot. He took some real punishment behind a real awful OL in that game! Best part was the coach giving Sefo the performance review. Looks like the old tag of being a ****ty practice player and a gamer is something he can't shake. I believe sefo was told he "terrified" the coach in practice but was trusted during games.

Doesn't look like he got picked up, however. After all the punishment he's taken, I almost hope he hangs it up.

He isn't on their IR list, so I assume he got waived off of it with an injury settlement like Spruce did in LA.

Chido had a great game (had Marshall in his pocket) so of course he limped off the field with an injury, hopefully nothing major. Wish our NFL guys would stay healthy, P-Rich looked really good too and Jimmy Smith had an INT.

Last edited:
He did look really good, I think he's ok but did see the hobble too. Hell the pass he gave up he was playing about 10 to 12 off, he came up and tackled BMarsh. Really good first game for him. Did a good job on special teams too.

Ken Crawley was inactive for the game against Minny. By most reports he has been there best DB through camp and the preseason. Wonder what gives.

They said hamstring with Chido too, his has been several weeks though. On the td, looked like he expected safety help to me.

Back