What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2017 WBB Recruit Profile Index

Friends, I think it's time I say goodbye. As the season is getting closer and closer and the Dad of someone who has a vested interest in the program it's probably best I sign off. I've sure enjoyed myself bantering with you and hope to see some of you at a game. GO BUFFS!

Friends, I think it's time I say goodbye. As the season is getting closer and closer and the Dad of someone who has a vested interest in the program it's probably best I sign off. I've sure enjoyed myself bantering with you and hope to see some of you at a game. GO BUFFS!

Thanks for participating. Please stop in from time to time.

But, yeah, you don't want to be dealing with a fan site when emotions get high. It's pretty much a "no win" for you because you'll inevitably read things that are incorrect or unfair, which then puts you in the position of either letting something like that stand or running the risk of violating confidences/coming off as over-protective papa bear by responding.

As great as it would be to have a close friend or family member coaching or playing, dealing with the public can also suck. We totally understand and support the idea of taking a step back.

Just asked JR if Eleanor Jones made it to Boulder okay. Her response: " Actually, she is very delayed due to trying to get her VISA, etc. to get into school! She just finished her appt in London and should get her visa within a week so if the Good Lord is willing, she will be here next week!!" Welcome news.

Good to see it sounds like Ms. Jones is finally on the way to Boulder. (Hope coming this late doesn't put her too far behind academically. Sounds like, from prior articles, CU has some great academic support people to help get her up and running.)

Going to let us know of a meet up?

Wonder if WBB has any official visitors this weekend? Perfect weather and a home football game. I'll train my binoculars on the sidelines in an attempt to ferret it out.

I was concerned about Eleanor's academics also. Happy to hear she is caught up. Guessing she was also behind on conditioning. That will be tougher to catch up on than academics.

Not 100% sure yet who it is (her 1st name appears to be Mya), but looks like per the below tweet the Buffs probably have picked up a new WBB commit.
(I have a guess based on some research done based on other tweets she and others made which may give me a 50/50 chance of being correct, so I won't say my guess now, assuming her commitment and full name will be released VERY soon by her club, WBB recruiting analyst or other interested party. If by some chance my guess is right, the young woman is a 6'4" post from the Houston area.)

Welcome and congrats to whoever it may be!

Edit- Forgot to mention her twitter profile now includes " #CU'21 ", so assume she would be part of the HS class of 2017, and will be at Boulder next year/ season.

Not 100% sure yet who it is (her 1st name appears to be Mya), but looks like per the below tweet the Buffs probably have picked up a new WBB commit.
(I have a guess based on some research done based on other tweets she and others made which may give me a 50/50 chance of being correct, so I won't say my guess now, assuming her commitment and full name will be released VERY soon by her club, WBB recruiting analyst or other interested party. If by some chance my guess is right, the young woman is a 6'4" post from the Houston area.)

Welcome and congrats to whoever it may be!

Edit- Forgot to mention her twitter profile now includes " #CU'21 ", so assume she would be part of the HS class of 2017, and will be at Boulder next year/ season.

I believe this is Mya Hollingshed from Bellaire (TX) HS.

Some confirmation it is Mya Hollingshed that has committed to join the Buffs. Congrats and welcome to her from me, (this time by name), once again!

As Nik and I noted above, Ms. Hollinghed is a 6'4" post from Bellaire (TX) HS. (For those like me who didn't know, Bellaire looks to be a suburb just to the southwest of Houston.)

Couldn't find out much about her, but here are a few things-

Per http://www.yourhoustonnews.com/west...cle_d4452f17-d731-5b31-891b-3bab91404c90.html , she was named both All Region and All District this past season.

A few miscellaneous comments about her-

From http://premierbasketballreport.com/news/2016-houston-bayou-classic , "2017 Mya Hollingshed is a very long post with good hands and the ability to run the floor. Hollingshed does a great job of finishing in traffic and contesting everything that comes into the paint on the defensive end. "

From an article ( http://www.chron.com/neighborhood/b...ons-hoping-title-run-in-the-Cards-6738037.php ) written about her team leading into this past season's state playoffs,
"
For now, Bellaire will continue to feed the ball to junior Mya Hollingshed, its standout 6-foot-3 ½ post. Hollingshed, who starred on the junior varsity last year after transferring from Lamar, is averaging 17 points, eight rebounds and five blocks. She's a legitimate candidate for District 20-6A's most valuable player.

"I can't remember the last time Bellaire's had a player like Mya," Simons said. "We're trying to design plays to get her more touches, but she's been scoring off offensive rebounds. She's a force inside the paint."
"

(As to her club team, couldn't tell for sure- I'm seeing for her references to both the Houston Dream Elite and Texas Elite/ Houston Phenom Clubs (assuming they aren't the same thing?).)

Seems logical that WBB will be hosting recruits this weekend. Great weather and hopefully a large crowd at the football game.

With, apparently one scholarship left, it will be interesting to see who the the Buffs land.

Seems logical that WBB will be hosting recruits this weekend. Great weather and hopefully a large crowd at the football game.

With, apparently one scholarship left, it will be interesting to see who the the Buffs land.

Do we need a future PG in 17?

Kennedy Leonard was the starting point guard last season and was named to the All Pac 12 freshmen team. Back up was Brecca Thomas. Can always use a point guard.

Does this complete the class of 17? I think that makes 4 verbal commits.

I have Carter, Hollingshed and Knight. Who am I missing?

EDIT - Jank. Fixing it now.

Also, my apologies to the amazing WBB fans on this board. I've been so swamped with work and the little guy at home that I've been doing a ****ty job keeping this up to date. I just went through and updated the index - PLEASE let me know what I've missed and I'll fix it.

You are doing great, Goose. We do the best we can to find out the information. Work and little guy come first.

I have Carter, Hollingshed and Knight. Who am I missing?

EDIT - Jank. Fixing it now.

Also, my apologies to the amazing WBB fans on this board. I've been so swamped with work and the little guy at home that I've been doing a ****ty job keeping this up to date. I just went through and updated the index - PLEASE let me know what I've missed and I'll fix it.
Goose ....you're doing good. No worries.
A couple additions for the chart in the OP ... Knight is 4* #73 at ESPN HoopGurlz.. And Moschkau has committed to Stanford.

Don't listen to them, Goose, I think you're doing a terrible job!

Love the way this staff is going after some stars. Land a few of these, and we'll work our way back up the P12 ladder.

Going after stars is obviously their plan. They will land more each year as they become more successful.

Back