What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2018-2019 Coaching Carousel..

The morons on ESPN made a great point about how if Snyder would have moved onto a blue blood program that he would have won 1 or more National Titles? I would have to give that comment about a 75% chance of being true, especially if he had moved to a school like LSU or something like a Tennessee with resources and recruits. He did have most of his success with Juco's though, so who knows if it would have all come together?

Some random posters over on the Louisville 247 board claiming MacIntyre is going to Louisville...but as the DC for Satterfield. Not really seeing it as very likely. Don't we only get relief on the buyout if he takes a HC gig or an NFL position?

Some random posters over on the Louisville 247 board claiming MacIntyre is going to Louisville...but as the DC for Satterfield. Not really seeing it as very likely. Don't we only get relief on the buyout if he takes a HC gig or an NFL position?

Macintyre offsets =
College HC
NFL any coach position

I’m not sure man. His contract might say that it’s only for certain positions but in terms on contract law, and the lawyers can correct me if I am wrong here because I only took business law at CU lol, but if there is a breach of contract he is required to look for employment to mitigate losses for the other party so I would think if he grabbed another job he would negotiate his buyout to a lower amount paid at once.

i wonder if leavitt gets the kjuco state job, finally.

mm would do pretty well at louisville or vandy. i think he might win them more games than he did here.

oh, and there is basically no way snyder would have won a natty at another school. the only reason he was able to deliver wins back in the day at kjuco state was they had a recruiting advantage that he used well. once that recruiting advantage was effectively shut down by the standards across the board, they never won as much again. he's a good coach, he's tough, and his teams play hard. but his whole career is basically due to a closed loophole in the rules.

i wonder if leavitt gets the kjuco state job, finally.

mm would do pretty well at louisville or vandy. i think he might win them more games than he did here.

oh, and there is basically no way snyder would have won a natty at another school. the only reason he was able to deliver wins back in the day at kjuco state was they had a recruiting advantage that he used well. once that recruiting advantage was effectively shut down by the standards across the board, they never won as much again. he's a good coach, he's tough, and his teams play hard. but his whole career is basically due to a closed loophole in the rules.
Helping to stock the in-state JUCOs with talent - KS has a great league of JUCO football programs - while being at a university that was willing to matriculate a D grade in PE class from those JUCOs. KSU basically had JUCO feeder programs acting like prep schools for them. Was a brilliant strategy and was probably the only way to turn that program into something.

fwiw, a lot of Utah's success is due to it being able to use Snow College in much the same way.

Last edited:
NFL is such a copycat league. That's not just a saying. Kliff being thought of as a guy who is similar to Sean McVay so he's even getting HC looks now.

(FS) Kliff Kingsbury: USC would like an answer from Kliff by midweek reports Jeff Darlington who adds that Kliff is fielding significant interest from the NFL both as an assistant and for head coaching positions. Stay tuned….

NFL is such a copycat league. That's not just a saying. Kliff being thought of as a guy who is similar to Sean McVay so he's even getting HC looks now.

(FS) Kliff Kingsbury: USC would like an answer from Kliff by midweek reports Jeff Darlington who adds that Kliff is fielding significant interest from the NFL both as an assistant and for head coaching positions. Stay tuned….
Sean McVay asked him to come to the Rams as an offensive consultant or whatever like Jedd Fisch is for them. Wonder if McVay is in need to one because Fisch is leaving soon...

No ****? I thought it was any job.

No :cry:. His buyout only offsets for any NFL coaching job or college HC only. Assistant jobs in college, analyst positions at any level, or TV do not offset.

When I was dreaming of becoming a billionaire via lottery, I read macintyre’s contract several times so I knew how much I would’ve needed to spend to get RG to fire him. I know more than I should about the contract.

Apparently there is a mystery candidate for the Louisville job but Satterfield is still the front runner. Canada looks like he is out.

No :cry:. His buyout only offsets for any NFL coaching job or college HC only. Assistant jobs in college, analyst positions at any level, or TV do not offset.

When I was dreaming of becoming a billionaire via lottery, I read macintyre’s contract several times so I knew how much I would’ve needed to spend to get RG to fire him. I know more than I should about the contract.
This is where contract law folks could come in. The other side of the offset only applying to college HC and NFL coaching job is that he is contractually obligated to make a good faith effort to secure such a position.

It could possible be viewed as a breach of contract if he signs a contract for a non college HC position - unless that contract specifically allows him to spend time pursuing other coaching opportunities - I don't think TV contracts would have an issue with such a provision, but I'd think college assistants would have a very hard time with that...

"Judge, our contract stipulates that he will make a good faith effort to secure a college HC or NFL coaching position, he just signed a contract that obligates him to spend 60+ hours a week doing something other than trying to secure such a position."

This is where contract law folks could come in. The other side of the offset only applying to college HC and NFL coaching job is that he is contractually obligated to make a good faith effort to secure such a position.

It could possible be viewed as a breach of contract if he signs a contract for a non college HC position - unless that contract specifically allows him to spend time pursuing other coaching opportunities - I don't think TV contracts would have an issue with such a provision, but I'd think college assistants would have a very hard time with that...

"Judge, our contract stipulates that he will make a good faith effort to secure a college HC or NFL coaching position, he just signed a contract that obligates him to spend 60+ hours a week doing something other than trying to secure such a position."

His contract only says that he has to make a good faith effort to find gainful employment. I see your point that CU’s lawyers could have a case for breach based in good faith in terms of college coaching. Really, if macintyre wants to screw Colorado, he should take a TV gig.

His contract only says that he has to make a good faith effort to find gainful employment. I see your point that CU’s lawyers could have a case for breach based in good faith in terms of college coaching. Really, if macintyre wants to screw Colorado, he should take a TV gig.
Yeah - except that he didn't exactly distinguish himself the last time he was in a tv booth as an analyst. It was an awkward concept, but still he showed about zero magnetism.

I don't think he'd be good on tv. Not sure what his options would be there.

Back