What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2018-2019 Coaching Carousel..

Kinda surprised everyone is just giving Kingsbury a complete pass in the saga.

Only thing I’d blame him for is that he didn’t get any assurances that he could talk to NFL teams when he took the job. The rumors that he was on the NFL radar, and possibly even for HC gigs, were out there back then.

I don’t see how you stop a guy from interviewing for NFL HC jobs. Jagodzinski did it when he was the HC at BC although he knew he was probably getting fired for it.

this is kinda where my head is at.: dude takes a job at USC --> a perceived better job opening comes up in the NFL --> he wants to interview -> some unknown discussions between USC, KK and some NFL teams happens --> KK appears to be out of job as he looks for another (better) one

@Duff Man , do you have more of the story that we're missing? what here does KK maybe not "get a pass" for? not trying to be argumentative, but other than the short time line, this seems pretty normal to me

Kinda surprised everyone is just giving Kingsbury a complete pass in the saga.

Loyal to his new job? No. His crime is soulless greed and a hunger for NFL prominence. The American way my friend. Integrity went away a long time ago and employers have done their fair share to contribute to the ambient that now exists in business, and that's what coaching and college football are these days.

Loyal to his new job? No. His crime is soulless greed and a hunger for NFL prominence. The American way my friend. Integrity went away a long time ago and employers have done their fair share to contribute to the ambient that now exists in business, and that's what coaching and college football are these days.
I can honestly say I've never seen "ambient" used as a noun before.

Duff, exactly how much of a factor was KK in each of their commitments? Exactly zero? How do you know these this with such certainty?

Exactly zero? Probably not.

But both have been heavy leans for months, well before Kingsbury was even a possibility at USC.

Wow, am I the only person who just became a Kliff Kingsbury fan?
No. These two appear pretty fond of him as well.
Kliff-Kingsbury-Texas-Tech-football-coach-shirtless-with-two-girls-in-bikinis_070840.jpg

Back