What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2018-2019 MBB Coaching Carousel

Are there any jobs outside the pac musselman is likely to take? Is there a better candidate for the fucla job than him?

That's nuts!

Edit: I also agree with UCLA administration on this one. 5 full seasons without a single trip beyond the Sweet 16 along with a 7-6 start to this season. Rip the bandage off because a change was absolutely necessary. If I was running UCLA, any coach who didn't deliver at least one Final Four in that period of time would get the axe. No excuse for this level of performance in Westwood.

Wow.

UCLA is the kind of school that should be great at every sport it tries. But it isn’t. Something just isn’t right at that place.

UCLA is the type of program that should pay Mark Few whatever he wants.

I don't think Few is leaving, but I agree with the sentiment. UCLA needs to do some fundraising and get themselves a coach, not an up and comer. I would call up Few, even if he quickly rejects me, and I would also call up Marshall. Give a coach a raise, and bring back great bball to Westwood. Sure, Marshall may say no too, but you get what I'm saying - go get yourself an actual coach.

Alford should have been fired years ago, and at the time, I thought it was great for CU that UCLA would continue to suck. Now that our conference is sucking it up, we need our top programs like UCLA and Arizona to help lift the program. We're leaning on ASU right now... ...if other programs were doing well, that'd be fine, but we're not. We need help, and UCLA making a great, big-time hire would help a lot.

I don't think Few is leaving, but I agree with the sentiment. UCLA needs to do some fundraising and get themselves a coach, not an up and comer. I would call up Few, even if he quickly rejects me, and I would also call up Marshall. Give a coach a raise, and bring back great bball to Westwood. Sure, Marshall may say no too, but you get what I'm saying - go get yourself an actual coach.

Alford should have been fired years ago, and at the time, I thought it was great for CU that UCLA would continue to suck. Now that our conference is sucking it up, we need our top programs like UCLA and Arizona to help lift the program. We're leaning on ASU right now... ...if other programs were doing well, that'd be fine, but we're not. We need help, and UCLA making a great, big-time hire would help a lot.

Rick Pitino. That'd be so very controversial but....

Musselman and Billy Donovan (if he wants to go back to college-not likely given OKC is 3rd in the west) both make sense there....

I disagree with Goodman's top choice. If you are going to hire a Hurley, Danny is a better coach than Bobby.

How would those wanting Tad to go feel if UCLA were to go after him? Unlikely, but just a question.

Showtime had a season behind scenes a few years back with Gonzaga. Watching that, hard to see Few ever leaving, seems to have it made there. Unless he gets bored, but he’s basically the mayor of Spokane with a high approval rating.

After Few came out and basically blasted the elites of college hoops over the FBI investigation, I don’t expect he would fit in very well at UCLA, who expects their head basketball coach to not only play those games, but win them.

I know UCLA has to hire a big name and I think they will, but Jason Hart would bring them back to national relevancy immediately.

I know UCLA has to hire a big name and I think they will, but Jason Hart would bring them back to national relevancy immediately.

What are your thoughts on the Earl Watson noise?

What are your thoughts on the Earl Watson noise?
I think it's a far cry from Memphis' hiring of Penny. Earl isn't a god in LA, his AAU team wasn't one of the top couple clubs in LA when his name was on it, and his stint in the NBA wasn't much. I'm sure he has connections to guys that could get 5* players to LA, most people do. But when you *should* be able to attract some of the top names in the country to your program, why take a chance on someone who has never coached in CBB?

I know this isn't Jason Hart (he'd be way down their list of names I'm sure) but UCLA should have a larger than life coach running their program. An industry titan. That's what makes UCLA one of the top 10 programs in the country again.

Vacancy #2 in the Pac 12-Wazzu isn't bringing back Ernie Kent. If I'm them, I'm hiring a Virginia assistant coach.

Vacancy #2 in the Pac 12-Wazzu isn't bringing back Ernie Kent. If I'm them, I'm hiring a Virginia assistant coach.
I thought he was a dud on PACN, but not everyone is great on tv so I tried to write that off and look at the record of building Saint Mary's and Oregon. But whatever magic he once had it looked like it was gone when watching that Wazzu team the past couple seasons.

So UCLA has to try to get Tony Bennett and then if that doesn't work out move on to Hoiberg?

I really don't like the Luke Walton rumors and Musselman seems like a bad fit with the admin there. I also don't see Few leaving Gonzaga.

I guess they could also go after Chris Beard.

So UCLA has to try to get Tony Bennett and then if that doesn't work out move on to Hoiberg?

I really don't like the Luke Walton rumors and Musselman seems like a bad fit with the admin there. I also don't see Few leaving Gonzaga.

I guess they could also go after Chris Beard.
If I'm running UCLA then the first thing I'm doing is making Mark Few turn down the largest offer in the history of the sport. You have to make him say "No".

Back